• Podcast LIVE TONIGHT @ 8:30pm      

• Podcast LIVE TONIGHT @ 8:30pm      

POSTGAME: Rd 13 vs Collingwood

24 minutes ago, dazzledavey36 said:

Purely for context. Richmond whom won the Premiership in 2019.

Richmond 2019
3 losses during  Round 11,12,13 (North Melbourne, Geelong and Adelaide) - North Bloody Melbourne!?

2nd halves

Opposition= 9.2+9.4+13.4 = 31.10

Richmond = 3.5+3.3+4.8 = 10.16

Edited by Engorged Onion
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 6

I feel like I usually have coming home from a game for the past 15 years or so prior to last year. Drank too much and defeated after witnessing that, knowing I have to work tomorrow.

Things are bad…but not dire.

Despite form we are 10-3 and second on the ladder by percentage.

May is so important to our structure it’s unbelievable. He completely [censored] up off field and it has cost us dearly today. I’m sure he knows it too. Lever is nothing without him and once the ball his the ground he’s like a baby giraffe trying to walk.
I never thought id say it but I’ve underestimated Tom Macs importance to our side. I was calling for him earlier in the year to make way for Weid…how wrong I was. He leads up, something none of our other forwards currently do and doesn’t just point aimlessly in any direction hoping to get one out the back. He also breaks packs and clunks marks. Our contested mark stats currently must be a shadow of what they have formally been this year.

Mitch Brown should not get another game. He serves no purpose and has no impact. Bring in Weid…it’s the only option we have right now.

Also, the amount of players willing to dance around the contest instead of cracking in is unacceptable. ANB, Langdon, Spargo, Kozzie, Fritsch to name a few is unacceptable. Absolutely pedestrian today. 

If this is how it’s going to be going forward then I’d rather lose games like this with blokes who put their head over the ball and put their bodies on the line. There a blokes in an undefeated twos side who would die for a crack.

Its no too late, but the club as a whole needs to have a real hard look at themselves.

I’m still backing us in….for now.

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, WERRIDEE said:

We are just not hungry enough happy to win 1 premiership they are not running hard enough they are not doing anything enough. The easy draw stuffed them up can’t handle the harder teams. I’d like to think that May will save the side but I think we have bigger problems we have too many premiership players content Sparrow has to be dropped for Dunstan. Spargo, and Nibbler should be looked at too. We have one chance to turn it around and that’s against Brisbane and if we can’t do it we will just be making up the numbers 

Bring in May, Bedford, Dunstan and JVR or Weideman after the bye. Will that help? No idea. Big problems with the current game plan - playing through just one wing over and over, don’t switch play, then just bomb long to the pockets with the opposition defensive talls already standing there waiting. It’s all too predictable. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Stein9193 said:

Glad you're having a good night because it's apparently us who care who are the bad fans

Yes, that’s it. Only the negative truly care. Perspective is for snobs.

• Like 2

We all hate losing, it always leaves more questions than answers.

Goodwin is meant to be the best coach in the business, but doesn't seem to have an answer 3 weeks in a row.

Mark Williams meant to be the best developer, yet we cannot hit a target and players are out of form apparently.

Forward craft is sub-suburban standard its not funny?

So what is wrong and why can't coaches fix it? FFS can it really be training loads?

7 minutes ago, Engorged Onion said:

Purely for context.

Richmond 2019
3 losses during  Round 11,12,13

2nd halves

Opposition= 9.2+9.4+13.4 = 31.10

Richmond = 3.5+3.3+4.8 = 10.16

Needed to read that… thank you EO

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, dazzledavey36 said:

When a few of us raised concerns after the WC and North game we were immediately shut down on here.

There are few too many delusional supporters on here who could not see this coming.

We don't play or look like a top 6 side as it stands. 

Why were we though? Why can't people take a hint of criticism? Why are we bad fans just because we call it like we see it?

The definition of a good fan isn't just sitting there, smiling and nodding. That's being a sheep. Be original, don't just say the right stuff because it's cool or makes you seem like a good fan.

Maybe there is a lull after wining the premiership. I mean I know the players said our motivation is to win it in front of our fans at the G but they have achieved the ultimate goal so maybe they have hit that bad patch.

Although I don't think we are going as bad as Robbo makes out when I saw this headline on the herald sun website. 

Robbo: Dees’ shame almost on par with laughing-stock Bombers

Please Robbo we are not at the bombers level yet. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

To be honest we weren't finishing off games well earlier in the year, but that was okay because we were" just protecting our lead." Well at the moment we don't look like protecting any type of lead.

I just hope TMac is back for finals.

In the meantime it’s Weeds last chance to prove himself over the next 6 weeks.

Backline will be fine once Mays back.

Edited by DeeZee
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, dees189227 said:

Maybe there is a lull after wining the premiership. I mean I know the players said our motivation is to win it in front of our fans at the G but they have achieved the ultimate goal so maybe they have hit that bad patch.

Although I don't think we are going as bad as Robbo makes out when I saw this headline on the herald sun website. 

Robbo: Dees’ shame almost on par with laughing-stock Bombers

Please Robbo we are not at the bombers level yet. 

Tag em all Robbo, remember you said that a month ago because of how good we were?

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Earl Hood said:

Bring in May, Bedford, Dunstan and JVR or Weideman after the bye. Will that help? No idea. Big problems with the current game plan - playing through just one wing over and over, don’t switch play, then just bomb long to the pockets with the opposition defensive talls already standing there waiting. It’s all too predictable. 

Agree. This kick to the left to a pack, every single time, is now costing us big time. It is completely killing any quick forward entry to a one on one. Surely the Coaching panel can see that.

• Like 1

Have been run over by teams last 3 weeks after leading by 20+ points in all 3 games is this fitness or mindset??

We are thin on tall defenders and have lost a defender each game & today lost Turner & Petty off the ground for 20min & Gawn on &    off twice with a bad ankle yet we have smalls for subs???

Our pressure acts currently ranked 17th to 1st in 2021 surely this is mindset??

M Brown over Weids who is our future???

Edited by Demonsone

12 minutes ago, DeeZee said:

I just hope TMac is back for finals.

In the meantime it’s Weeds last chance to prove himself over the next 6 weeks.

Backline will be fine once Mays back.

Really unlikely given the nature of the injury and the treatment required. Recovery is 3-5 months, then factor in having done no running in that time. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

When I find myself yelling "run!" and "run the ball!" in frustration at the TV, I know we are in trouble. Another one of those games where we don't play to our strengths, bombing it long and going slow, slipping and fumbling and too darn soft.....

Injuries don't bode well, but I reckon we'll be back after the bye.

2019 - Richmond's Mid Season Report Card...

""The times Richmond have come up against the leading teams in the competition - Geelong, Collingwood, GWS Giants and even Adelaide – the yellow and black have been well beaten. Throw in costly losses to North Melbourne and Western Bulldogs and that means a third straight finals berth – not to mention a top four finish - is in peril."

This sounds like a familiar narrative!

Now I bet if I posted this last year... there would have been howls of derision, as we had not won a premiership yet... but now having won a premiership...things feel pretty familiar with last year, and even what other premiership contenders have done as a bit of a philosophy....

All of those teams though have to contend with legitimate injuries to the top echelon of their playing group...as we are... and this provides another bit of context to make sense of why have we lost 3 in a row...and yet why all is not lost... actually... it's a familiar sight if you're prepared to look amongst the nuance.

Edited by Engorged Onion
  • Like 5

9 minutes ago, cookieboc said:

they have gone away from what made us great

hunting the ball, contested ball, scores from turnovers and pressure etc

can it be fixed, we have ten weeks. 

Best question right now is - will Melbourne make the finals? Think they just need to reset their goals, Premiership, right now, is a pipe dream. We look mediocre.

Interesting that our current slump has bought some of the lurkers out. Quite a few low-post-number members have engaged after todays game. Nice to see them post an opinion.

Sometimes adversity brings out a persons best.

Lets see what happens after the bye and a mental reset. A few sore players might well appreciate the extra week off.

Im banking on the Demons of 2021 to appear after the break.

• Like 11

The fumbles today had to be seen to be believed 

• Like 4