Steven May Suspended by the Club

Satan

What’s done is done, it’s easy, don’t listen to the media until next week when hopefully they’ll be talking about a great win a huge crowd & we can all move on

Boys will be boys unfortunately some a dumber than others 

2 minutes ago, Billy said:

What’s done is done, it’s easy, don’t listen to the media until next week when hopefully they’ll be talking about a great win a huge crowd & we can all move on

Boys will be boys unfortunately some a dumber than others 

I like your optimism Billy, but the last month has the smell of something amiss which was not there last year. Get on the Pies this weekend we are not a happy group with a terrible forward line.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, old dee said:

Sober team mates seldom fight on a public street dd. In fact happy team mates seldom fight. 

I’d imagine May is frustrated because he has been forced out of 2 matches with a concussion, and Melksham is unhappy that his career is at the precipice with one foot dangling over the edge.

2 hours ago, Demon Jim said:

Standards won us a flag. We can't afford to let them slip.

Let him stew for the next three weeks until he can play again. Will only make the team stronger.  And if we lose this week let him take responsibility for it. His next game we be against the Lions and he owes us. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

What an amazing stupid and selfish act by May, a 30 year old who consistently makes decisions befitting a 19 year old. And ditto for any experienced teammates who stood idly by whilst he was breaking team rules.

Goodwin needs to take charge of this team before the season falls completely off the rails. There are so many signs that this group isn't prepared to do the right things on or off the field that are necessary to challenge for a premiership this year.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 2
  • Thinking 1

16 minutes ago, old dee said:

I like your optimism Billy, but the last month has the smell of something amiss which was not there last year. Get on the Pies this weekend we are not a happy group with a terrible forward line.  

Would you have concluded the same if we had maintained the lead the other night, despite the absence of May? It was a narrow loss. Yeah the forward line was an issue, but we should have put that game to bed...Same thing can be said of 1st half vs Freo. 

2 weeks ago we were been talked up as invisibles. The media is waiting and hoping that we fail, coz they can't write their usual stories. It's already started. 'NO crowds" "Up at the snow" "internal fighting" blah blah. We, along with the Dogs, are the only teams who have increased the Average Home Attendance from 2019 (year prior to Covid). Where is that story? Why are crowds down across 16 other clubs? 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, sisso said:

Looking at the menu you'd need a footy player's pay packet to have lunch there! woooooo

Backing out of the room slowly as I love Entrecôte and I suspect stating that might do nothing to help the perception of us as a supporter group.

Cheeseboard anyone? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

5 minutes ago, Kick_It_To_Pickett said:

Would you have concluded the same if we had maintained the lead the other night, despite the absence of May? It was a narrow loss. Yeah the forward line was an issue, but we should have put that game to bed...Same thing can be said of 1st half vs Freo. 

2 weeks ago we were been talked up as invisibles. The media is waiting and hoping that we fail, coz they can't write their usual stories. It's already started. 'NO crowds" "Up at the snow" "internal fighting" blah blah. We, along with the Dogs, are the only teams who have increased the Average Home Attendance from 2019 (year prior to Covid). Where is that story? Why are crowds down across 16 other clubs? 

The game isn't as good to watch and people during covid have discovered watching from home is cheaper and easier.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, The heart beats true said:

Backing out of the room slowly as I love Entrecôte and I suspect stating that might do nothing to help the perception of us as a supporter group.

Cheeseboard anyone? 

I was just thinking the same thing! I love Entrecôte too and this story just made want to for a steak and a ballon of rouge.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

Is this necessary????

There’s a five lettered word that also sums up May. H-U-M-A-N

There are better words that sums it up

REPEAT OFFENDER

• Facepalm 2

13 minutes ago, old dee said:

The game isn't as good to watch and people during covid have discovered watching from home is cheaper and easier.

I think many have underestimated the Kayo impact. For around $10 a week most have had every match piped to their lounge room in complete comfort. Foxtel cable was for the few but streaming was another story.

Add in covid and the AFL bungling the spontaneity factor with its tcketing fiasco and is it any wonder crowds are down

• Like 6

May was clearly happy to allow his selfishness to compromise our team, our Club and its members and supporters.  I'm disappointed and very annoyed.  A leader(?) ............ no way!        

• Like 5

any consumption of alcohol in the context of a brain impacted by concussion is absolutely contraindicated - one could say a " no brainer" Especially in an athlete involved in high impact sport. He must know this with all the input given by medical staff. Breath taking stupidity.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Diamond_Jim said:

think many have underestimated the Kayo impact.

I'm but a sample of one.

I did turn up to the Freo game, via a 1.5 hour bus ride...it was nice, but not doable fortnightly, kids sports on the following morning...etc

Kayo makes it easy as pie.

8.5% beers in the Fridge - at AFL mid strength prices.

Tasty and knocked out cold circa 1030 pm, without the drive home.

Anyway, AFL and  clubs are well aware of the drop off. And that revenue needs to be attained aside from gate receipts. As well as 'memberships' to allow you greater value for money, beyond having to turn up.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, Kick_It_To_Pickett said:

But we didn't. The winner is determined at the end of the fourth quarter not at half time.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Diamond_Jim said:

I think many have underestimated the Kayo impact. For around $10 a week most have had every match piped to their lounge room in complete comfort. Foxtel cable was for the few but streaming was another story.

Add in covid and the AFL bungling the spontaneity factor with its tcketing fiasco and is it any wonder crowds are down

Yep the perfect storm DJ.

• Like 1

Feeling Dumb Jim Carrey GIF

live pictures of Steven May right now 

he must be regretting his actions big time 

I have been a huge fan but drinking whilst under concussion protocols and then having a fight is beyond my comprehension 

but premierships are won in September and he must pick himself up and know he owes his club and his teammates and us supporters 

• Like 2