CHANGES: Rd 12 vs Sydney

Demonland

23 minutes ago, Demons11 said:

Trac was sick, so I doubt he will be an issue. 

We have lost 1 game for the year and we had an off day.  Your forward line comment is ludicrous. 

Ludicrous: Idiotic or unthinkable, often to the point of being funny.

Sums up most of this thread really D11.

(Reminder to self . . . stop reading the madness on 'Land and write your uni assignment.)

Edited by Queanbeyan Demon
Additional content.
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Demons11 said:

We have some very average supporters.   When we had May and Petty on we were 5 goals up.  Both down for the 2nd half and Trac sick and people are jumping up and down like we are 1-10.  Give me strength!!

Whilst it's not all as simple as this, there's no doubt that there are a lot of over-reactions on here, which I suppose is what happens after 17 straight wins.

There's also a lack of appreciation for how good Fremantle is. We cannot afford to be that far off our best (as to personnel and as to form) against a side of Fremantle's quality. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Out: May, Melks, Weid, Dunstan, and likely Petty

In: Tomilson, Tmac, Langdon, Harmes, and perhaps Salem and Hibberd

Not sure who covers Petty - we need Tmac forward.  Could Daw fill a spot?

There's some serious inclusions coming in the next couple of weeks! Just have to get past this week.

• Like 1

Not looking good.  Injuries are taking a toll across the club - Only 11 melbourne players available for Casey today.   Only D.Smith and Thomlinson had stats that would in any way suggest a promotion.

Tough next 3 weeks with lots playing sore and until some come back from injuries.  Great the bye is coming up.

• Like 2

I don't think we will see Petty until after the bye. Hope I am wrong. Harmes won't be ready this week either. Hopefully Langdon and TMAC will be plus also Tomlinson. The who goes out is simple. Melk, Weed, Dunstan, BBB and unfortunately May and Petty. Obviously some of them will remain in side. I would consider Chandler as well.

• Like 1
  • Thinking 1

18 hours ago, bluey said:

Out

Brown, he’s cooked 

Melksham , he’s done

Petracca, soft front runner

Dunstan , not hard enough

In

Tomlinson

Baker

Rosman

Laurie

Only a Melbourne supporter could be so self-indulgent with their self loathing. 

In this blokes mind - we never won the flag.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

If fit TMac, Langdon and Tomlinson in Out - leave that to the coaches.

It was a shame that  Majak and van Rooyen were ill today and non of the youngsters really stood up. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

If May and Petty are both out, we'll have to break the glass and either play Tom Mac as a permanent KPD, or take a chance on Turner. Neither are ideal solutions, but what can you do?

I don't think we'll make any more changes down back than that, unless forced. Consistency counts for something. Equally, understand the concerns re Rivers especially.

• Like 1
  • Thinking 1

Anyone else think Langdon has broken ribs and we won’t see him until after the bye? I’m not trying to be masochistic, I just think it’s odd the club just calls it ‘ribs’. Did I miss info about this somewhere? 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, The heart beats true said:

Anyone else think Langdon has broken ribs and we won’t see him until after the bye? I’m not trying to be masochistic, I just think it’s odd the club just calls it ‘ribs’. Did I miss info about this somewhere? 

Was training later in the week.

• Like 2
  • Thinking 1

2 minutes ago, The heart beats true said:

No.

• Haha 1

We need Langdon back to his best so it may take a couple of weeks to get him right. I would rather bring Baker in for Melksham as he has a bit of pace and unfortunately Jake is to slow for a winger and we need Spargs in the pressure forward role with Kozzie and ANB. Also Alex take your shots we need our forwards kicking goals not wasting opportunities. You are good enough just do it.!!!!

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, The heart beats true said:

I’m no medical expert, but does this mean they aren’t broken? Just curious 👍

Me either, but I have had bruised ribs which were quite painful, I don't know that he'd be training so early with broken ribs.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Thinking 1

12 minutes ago, loges said:

Me either, but I have had bruised ribs which were quite painful, I don't know that he'd be training so early with broken ribs.

I’ve had both and pain level was the same. I played the following week (no idea how) with broken thanks to a flattened out shin guard strapped tightly to my body, but it was awfully uncomfortable. No good for a bloke that runs as much as Langdon.

Unfortunatly I now have a calcified indented rib section on one side from a deliberate knee.

Praying he’s back next week…he is crucial.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Out: May, Melksham

In: Tomlinson, Langdon

One of Brown or Weideman will most likely come out for McDonald pending the fitness of Petty. If Petty misses due to injury, McDonald to play back and Brown and Weideman get a reprieve.

Edited by Nascent
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, Nascent said:

Out: May, Melksham

In: Tomlinson, Langdon

One of Brown or Weideman will most likely come out for McDonald pending the fitness of Petty. If Petty misses due to injury, McDonald to play back and Brown and Weideman get a reprieve.

This will be closest to the pin imo. We havent made wholesale sweeping changes for 18 months. Goodwin has repeatedly said he values continuity and id be shocked if we are dumping 5 or 6 players as some here are suggesting after the first loss in 17 games.  Its just not the Goodwin way.  

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Jjrogan said:

This will be closest to the pin imo. We havent made wholesale sweeping changes for 18 months. Goodwin has repeatedly said he values continuity and id be shocked if we are dumping 5 or 6 players as some here are suggesting after the first loss in 17 games.  Its just not the Goodwin way.  

But let's assume all of Langdon, McDonald and Harmes are fit. 

Tomlinson replaces May but those three all come straight back, which would be four changes, all of which we should be 100% making.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Ungarieboy said:

Out: May, Melks, Weid, Dunstan, and likely Petty

In: Tomilson, Tmac, Langdon, Harmes, and perhaps Salem and Hibberd

Not sure who covers Petty - we need Tmac forward.  Could Daw fill a spot?

There's some serious inclusions coming in the next couple of weeks! Just have to get past this week.

T-Mac could go back for Petty if Mitch Brown comes in (if Petty is inj).

Daw was crook and a late out today so very much doubt he will be in the mix.

Edited by Demon Dynasty
  • Vomit 1