Closest to the mark...2022 membership total

ding

15 minutes ago, Jaded No More said:

Will be live for fully vaccinated. Perhaps for everyone if we reach 90% fully vaxxed by next March. 

I'm sure it will be but VIC's have been burnt so badly at every turn of COVID since the early months of 2020, that consumer confidence would be at an all time low. People that can't afford donations like 2020/2021 need certainty that they will be able to attend games rather than watching the most critical games of their MFC supporting lives in their PJ's and slippers.

I think this will affect numbers a little.

Id say 1 billion, although there are only 26 million people here.

So 2 billion.....

Its certainly going to be interesting to watch the membership updates.   

edit: I guess I should answer the question.

I'll go just under 70k.

Edited by faultydet
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Premiership should get us an extra 10,000 new or returning members at least.

Then there are the ~25,000 Melbourne supporting MCC members who don't have dual MFC/MCC membership.

65,000 seems realistic, but if some of the MCC guys jump aboard cracking 75,000 is definitely possible.

I'll go 71,966

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Fanatique Demon said:

Does the club offer a special deal to those MCC members? Or do they have to pay the same as everyone else?

I pay what appears to be the same as i would for 2 seperate memberships effectively, however i haven't looked into this enough to know for sure. 

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Fanatique Demon said:

Does the club offer a special deal to those MCC members? Or do they have to pay the same as everyone else?

Yes as an MCC member when you’re paying your dues you get two add-on MFC membership types. One at something like $180 and the other at about $80 dollars to be MCC/MFC members.

The $80 version doesn’t give you access to any away games so it’s essentially a donation.

I always sign up but only with the $80 version but now that we’re a new force in the AFL and even an MCC membership isn’t a guarantee of a ticket to a GF - may need to see what other member options there are directly with the footy club. 

Hmmm - I’ll say 69,531. 

Edited by OhMyDees
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, OhMyDees said:

Yes as an MCC member when you’re paying your dues you get two add-on MFC membership types. One at something like $180 and the other at about $80 dollars to be MCC/MFC members.

The $80 version doesn’t give you access to any away games so it’s essentially a donation.

I always sign up but only with the $80 version but now that we’re a new force in the AFL and even an MCC membership isn’t a guarantee of a ticket to a GF - may need to see what other member options there are directly with the footy club. 

Hmmm - I’ll say 69,531. 

So the $80 registers with AFL as a member?

• Like 2

1. The amount of merchandise sales post-premiership seems to have caught many unawares. The amount of Dees followers in Perth surprised many. It sounds like there are a LOT of Dees fans who have flown under the radar for a long time due the embarrassment of perpetual failure
  2. We have very marketable players - Gawn with the personality and beard, Trac the congenial beast all over the media, Fritsch the Freak, Clarry, Kozzie, Jacko the dentists best friend etc... 
  3. Pert and Roffey are simply brilliant administrators and leaders.
  4. Daisy Pearce - the best thing to happen to football in 20 years

So I say 71,101. Just because the number is fun to type and it could be close to the mark. Our membership size will surprise many next year, maybe even me.

Edited by Maldonboy38
  • Like 4

Really need Dictator Dan to get on top of COVID in Victoria by xmas as some members many maybe reluctant to renew/join, particularly those experiencing financial hardship.

65,000 is not out of the question but may take a couple of years to get there if COVID continues to cause havoc.

Edited by Jibroni

My mother in law who has never really got into footy much just told me she's watched the GF replay 3 times and asked how much memberships are (she's turned gabatic because my kids are Melbourne supporters). She'll probably get a 3 game membership because she was shocked when I told her how much I pay but if people like her are jumping on we'll clear 70k easily. Wouldn't surprise me to see us hit around 75k give or take.

She also wants a Demons jumper for Xmas 👍

• Like 1