GAMEDAY: Rd 21 v West Coast

Whispering_Jack

A lot of water has flowed under the bridge since the last time we played a game. Victoria went back into lockdown, Jack Viney had his brain fade, the Olympics came to an end and there have been upsets galore among many of the fancied AFL teams.

Melbourne knows full well the heartache of defeat at this point of the season to teams placed below them on the ladder as much as it does the value of victory tonight in the West.

Bring your pressure game, attack with ferocity and know that top spot is there for the taking!!!

• Like 20
  • Love 1

These were the results Eagle produced in Optus Stadium this year :

Rd1     WC vs GCS     83:58    won by 25

Rd3     WC vs PA       108:71   won by 37

Rd5     WC vs Coll     103:76   won by 27

Rd7    WC vs  Freo    132:73   won by 59

Rd9    WC vs Adel     106:76   won by 30

Rd11  WC vs Essen   71:87    lost by 16

Rd13  WC vs RICH     85:81    won by 4

Rd15  WC vs WB        43:98    lost by 55

Rd17  WC vs NTH      60:70    lost by 10

Rd19  WC vs STK       94:86    won by 8

Rd21  WC vs Melb      ? : ?      lost by ?

I reckon Demon won't let Eagle kick more than 70 points, Demon itself will kick over 70, therefore you know what the result will be. Go Dees!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

The Eagles at Optus is a tough fixture. Their form has been very poor recently but they have the talent. If they decide to turn it on tonight it’ll make for a difficult game for us.

I think we are over our patch of iffy form. We brought the heat early last week and snuffed out the Suns without too much trouble. We’ll need to bring the same pressure and application tonight.

Wet weather will turn this into a slog. I reckon a moment of 2 of Kozzie magic could be the difference

Dees by 10 points

• Like 6

The gap between these two teams evens things up with the amount a rain to fall.

Might even put them slightly ahead as they’re the better skilled side.

Only way we win this game is by bringing the damn heat baby! Pressure, pressure, pressure.

🔴🔵

• Like 2

A golden opportunity for revenge after the Prelim humiliation. Let’s show the world how far we’ve come since then and why 2021 is different to 2018. 
We need to start off strongly to shut their dumb booing fans out. A Monday night, rain and poor form hopefully means a less than full house. 

• Like 12
  • Love 1

Massive day for the club, the opportunity to secure a top 4 spot with 2 rounds to go is an absolute rarity. I feel like WC will come with a bit of fire today, they will have copped it in the media and they have the luxury of a crowd (good luck to the Perth Demons flying the flag!). 

A big round of upsets, we have to be the ones to get the job done. 

• Like 7

8 hours ago, Whispering_Jack said:

Melbourne knows full well the heartache of defeat at this point of the season to teams placed below them on the ladder as much as it does the value of victory tonight in the West.

Bring your pressure game, attack with ferocity and know that top spot is there for the taking!!!

Nicely said WJ.

The maths are simple and the bigeest test since final round, 2017, to see if we have progressed mentally.

Win tonight and the Dees are on top, and then its " come and get us".

• Like 6

I'm going in pessimistic. My MFCSss has kicked in bigtime. Given the opportunity to go top and the cards falling our way these are games we more often than not loose. I am also concerned the boys will be flat after spending majority of the last 7 days in  hotel quarentine,I know I would be

Edited by Bates Mate
  • Shocked 1

• Demonland changed the title to GAMEDAY: Rd 21 v West Coast
18 minutes ago, Bates Mate said:

I'm going in pessimistic. My MFCSss has kicked in bigtime. Given the opportunity to go top and the cards falling our way these are games we more often than not loose. I am also concerned the boys will be flat after spending majority of the last 7 days in  hotel quarentine,I know I would be

It's interesting isn't it? I'm inclined to feel the same way, which got me wondering: at what point would one not be worried about a game like this.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Bates Mate said:

Brisbane weren't

• Like 4

The quarantine factor could go one of two ways. 

Flat, exhausted, missing family. 

Excited, bonded, focused.

Sydney has been really good at dealing with long term hubs and time away from their families. Brisbane absolutely smashed it last night.

Given they are heading home tomorrow straight back to a city in lockdown, a week away from family wouldn't be too taxing on most and would give the new dads some much needed uninterrupted sleep. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Jaded said:

A golden opportunity for revenge after the Prelim humiliation. Let’s show the world how far we’ve come since then and why 2021 is different to 2018. 
We need to start off strongly to shut their dumb booing fans out. A Monday night, rain and poor form hopefully means a less than full house. 

On board Jaded, time to put the 2018 prelim to bed once and for all 3 years after the event.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, Demon17 said:

Nicely said WJ.

The maths are simple and the bigeest test since final round, 2017, to see if we have progressed mentally.

Win tonight and the Dees are on top, and then its " come and get us".

I know it probably doesn't make a big difference once finals start, but I would love to see us win tonight and be in the box seat to win the minor premiership.  Think it would be a good psychological boost for the boys and our supporters if nothing else.

...of course the media would still be asking if we are the real deal, but who cares what they think.

Anyways get the job done tonight boys or it's all academic.

• Like 1