GAMEDAY: Rd 19 vs Western Bulldogs

Amazing at the amount of confidence for tonight?

It's easy to live off the 'we haven't lost to a top 8 team'. But unfortunately I think tonight we'll see our first loss to a top 4 club. 

I rate Bevo as a coach and think he'll have put enormous amount of homework into us and making sure they don't repeat what happened last time.

Some of Goody's coaching tactics in the past couple weeks have been ordinary at best.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, dazzledavey36 said:

Amazing at the amount of confidence for tonight?

It's easy to live off the 'we haven't lost to a top 8 team'. But unfortunately I think tonight we'll see our first loss to a top 4 club. 

I rate Bevo as a coach and think he'll have put enormous amount of homework into us and making sure they don't repeat what happened last time.

Some of Goody's coaching tactics in the past couple weeks have been ordinary at best.

I think it's more to the fact that the dogs are highly overrated (and still have a couple injuries) rather than our top 8 record

Just now, adonski said:

I think it's more to the fact that the dogs are highly overrated (and still have a couple injuries) rather than our top 8 record

At least the Dogs haven’t had shock losses to bottom 4 teams which makes their supporters shake their head in frustration.

I think we’ll lose tonight but then have some come to Jesus moment amongst the playing group and win the next 3. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, At the break of Gawn said:

At least the Dogs haven’t had shock losses to bottom 4 teams which makes their supporters shake their head in frustration.

I think we’ll lose tonight but then have some come to Jesus moment amongst the playing group and win the next 3. 

So you place higher value on mauling lower sides than beating the best ones? Interesting. We could lose tonight, because the dogs can be a good side, but they’re not a premiership threat. Literally Port Adelaide 2.0, look amazing against sides 7-18 but shaky against the rest 

• Like 1

I am feeling low key confident, no injuries to speak off it’s at our home ground and we are playing for a top four spot. No crowd is a real bummer but predicting a 27 point win to Dees.

Come on boys you need to be at the top of your game from the first bounce.!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 5

Weather prediction sounds frightening for tonight. Just bloody win anyway possible and put a 6 point buffer on them. 

One thing I want to see is Gus back on the wing for this one, he was instrumental early for us last time we played them with some crucial intercepts and positioning. 70% of his possessions last week came in the forward half with JJ getting more wing time. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, adonski said:

So you place higher value on mauling lower sides than beating the best ones? Interesting. We could lose tonight, because the dogs can be a good side, but they’re not a premiership threat. Literally Port Adelaide 2.0, look amazing against sides 7-18 but shaky against the rest 

The Dogs have also beaten top sides (Brisbane, Port) and lost to Geelong by a kick after the siren in Geelong.

They are a predictable side, we are not. The fact that we haven’t lost to a top 8 side yet this year is very commendable, but until we start winning the games we’re expected to win, we won’t be taken seriously. If we win tonight, we then need to win our next 3 against two bottom 8 sides and a struggling Eagles side. There’s no excuse not to.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Thinking 1

9 minutes ago, big_red_fire_engine said:

Like last week yeah? 

We were lucky to be ahead by as much as we were at quarter time. Hawks played all over us for large periods of the first quarter and our pressure was way off. 

• Sad 1
  • Vomit 1

Not sure what they were thinking, selecting so many talls for what will probably be a heavily rain affected match. Hoping it backfires spectacularly, I reckon we'll come away with the points. Midfield battle will be fascinating and looking forward to Viney asserting himself and Oliver using the ball smarter this week.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Deemania since 56 said:

No, Mate, your Mate got it correct first time, Mate and allegedly, Mate, it is on 7 Mate so sit down with your mates to enjoy a few cans whilst watching the game, Mate, on 7Mate with all your mates, Mate. Seeya, Mate and don't forget: Carna Demons, Mate.

Got it Mate. 

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, Mr Steve said:

Got it Mate. 

You are obviously fast on the uptake, Mr Steve. Well done!

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Dee Zephyr said:

Weather prediction sounds frightening for tonight. Just bloody win anyway possible and put a 6 point buffer on them. 

One thing I want to see is Gus back on the wing for this one, he was instrumental early for us last time we played them with some crucial intercepts and positioning. 70% of his possessions last week came in the forward half with JJ getting more wing time. 

Great point DeeZ. I didnt notice that cause it was hard to watch the game on TV after it went through the window.

• Haha 4
  • Facepalm 1
  • Shocked 1

1 hour ago, chook fowler said:

A bit rich that criticism of a premiership coach and a forensic accountant. Deserves a bit of respect.

As he was an ex-Demon, and a real try-hard on the footy field, we should all respect Beveridge who has proven to be an astute coach, tactician and developer of young footballers, and these criteria are far beyond his threshold playing skills in the red 'n blue during tough times within a weakened list and really awful umpiring for years on end.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, OhMyDees said:

We’ll know within the first 5 minutes if we’ve turned up and whether we’re a shot to win it. 

That is true, most likely, and could be a very stark and sobering moment. I'd like to think that we could match the Doggies across the first half (umpires willing, of course) and then turn on a classique second half - tearing them to shreds on the romp home for another 4 points (these would add enormously to the credibility of the MFC).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, OhMyDees said:

We’ll know within the first 5 minutes if we’ve turned up and whether we’re a shot to win it. 

Hmm.  That’s exactly what I thought last week OMD.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

22 minutes ago, Deemania since 56 said:

As he was an ex-Demon, and a real try-hard on the footy field, we should all respect Beveridge who has proven to be an astute coach, tactician and developer of young footballers, and these criteria are far beyond his threshold playing skills in the red 'n blue during tough times within a weakened list and really awful umpiring for years on end.

The Bulldogs premiership of 2016 was one of the best coaching performances - ever.

• Like 4

I've tipped against us in every match against a fellow top 4 contender, and I'm doing that again. If nothing else the form is good for the Dees every time I tip against us.

This week I feel more deflated than other weeks though, last week was so disappointing and absolutely inexcusable. We really needed to bank the matches we're expected to win, and dropping points to the Hawks was just plain stupid.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Luther said:

Not sure what they were thinking, selecting so many talls for what will probably be a heavily rain affected match. Hoping it backfires spectacularly, I reckon we'll come away with the points. Midfield battle will be fascinating and looking forward to Viney asserting himself and Oliver using the ball smarter this week.

Our Achilles heel in the back 50 is when the ball hits the deck. With so many talls up forward, they’d be happy getting the ball to ground then trying to mop it up from there.

• Like 1