COVID & AFL 2021

Demonland

1 minute ago, Lucifer's Hero said:

On a slightly different note. 

Three months ago in April India had a daily case rate of approx 250,000.  The rate peaked at just under 400,000 per day two months ago in May.  Since late June it has flat lined at around 40,000 - 50,000 per day.  It is still a tragic figure.  

I have searched for the reasons for such a quick and dramatic improvement.  There has been widespread full and partial lockdowns and while vaccines are up, vaccinating about 1 billion people in a matter of weeks doesn't seem likely.  Can't imagine covid has peetered out.  Perhaps a level of 'herd immunity'?  All the above?

Does anyone know of any literature/articles that indicate how the turnaround has been achieved?

ivermectin

• Facepalm 1

6 minutes ago, Better days ahead said:

ivermectin

Joking, yes?

16 minutes ago, Lucifer's Hero said:

On a slightly different note. 

Three months ago in April India had a daily case rate of approx 250,000.  The rate peaked at just under 400,000 per day two months ago in May.  Since late June it has flat lined at around 40,000 - 50,000 per day.  It is still a tragic figure.  

I have searched for the reasons for such a quick and dramatic improvement.  There has been widespread full and partial lockdowns and while vaccines are up, vaccinating about 1 billion people in a matter of weeks doesn't seem likely.  Can't imagine covid has peetered out.  Perhaps a level of 'herd immunity'?  All the above?

Does anyone know of any literature/articles that indicate how the turnaround has been achieved?

Or they've stopped reporting cases.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Better days ahead said:

ivermectin

5 minutes ago, Webber said:

Joking, yes?

I don't think he is. 

I just googled 'Ivermectin in India' and a host of recent articles came up about its use since early May and a range of articles cautioning against its use.

It coincides with the dramatic decrease in daily cases.  Coincidence?

Just now, A F said:

Or they've stopped reporting cases.

There has been a pattern of under reporting as much to do with poor systems, especially in regional areas as any deliberate need to cover the true situation.  Non-reporting by the 90% drop in cases would seem unlikely to coordiate especially given the fragmented health and governance system in India.

As we are no longer seeing the harrowing images and stories (from independent news outlets) of death and cremations one has to think that there has been a genuine improvement.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Webber said:

Joking, yes?

Are you a health professional Webber? I'm not so my views are based purely on sources of info i trust

DO you know much about the FLCCA a group of front line doctors in the US who have developed protocols and treatments to deal with covid patients. They are heroes in my book and have saved many lives. Their views on ivermectin are heretical but i trust them and i think they know what they are talking about.

https://covid19criticalcare.com/

I'm no conspriracy therorist but it looks to me like Big Pharma is suppressing info about the effectiveness of this drug becuase its off patent (no money in it for them) so they can push their expensive treatments.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

16 minutes ago, Lucifer's Hero said:

Vaccinations run at around 4-5M per day which is less than half the required rate for a population of 1.4 billion.

Testing is comparatively low.

The deaths of the most vulnerable have occurred.

Masses of people from the cities have returned to the country villages

Think mild hiatus rather than turn around.

The first step is to up the vaccination rate to well over 10M per day.(China with a similar population does 20M doses per day.)

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Better days ahead said:

Are you a health professional

I am. There is no evidence for efficacy of ivermectin outside conspiracy land. It is in fact dangerous when misapplied. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, Webber said:

I am. There is no evidence for efficacy of ivermectin outside conspiracy land. It is in fact dangerous when misapplied. 

Isn’t it a veterinarian medication?

6 minutes ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

Isn’t it a veterinarian medication?

Yep. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, whatwhat say what said:

can't see the clash vs gc17 going ahead in darwin saturday week at this stage

Good.

Hopefully nothing comes out of this little outbreak (no new cases today yet) and the Dees and Dogs will be at the G in round 20 in front of crowds.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Diamond_Jim said:

Vaccinations run at around 4-5M per day which is less than half the required rate for a population of 1.4 billion.

Testing is comparatively low.

The deaths of the most vulnerable have occurred.

Masses of people from the cities have returned to the country villages

Think mild hiatus rather than turn around.

The first step is to up the vaccination rate to well over 10M per day.(China with a similar population does 20M doses per day.)

This. Death, social behavioural change, some vaccination, poor reportage, some herd immunity. 

33 minutes ago, Webber said:

i'm sticking to the bleach, webber.  need to add a lot of lime cordial otherwise i'd gag......works a treat but

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

32 minutes ago, Webber said:

Science always wins out in the end. We'll know in time whether it is effective or not

I recommend you look further into FLCCA. They're amazing.

Games now being relocated to QLD but ...

The disease could spread to QLD from NSW as their border is still open and Covid finds a way to travel anyway

The AFL are trying to outrun Covid but they'll need a good dose of luck

• Like 1

Just absolute balls. Clearly the AFL knows we are heading into lockdown. Every time they get teams out of Victoria it's because they've been told lockdown is imminent. 

If we get to miss out on yet another Melbourne Bulldogs clash I'll spew. 

What are the chances we will even get to see our team play finals this year? The response from NSW has been pathetic, and now we are all in this mess. Sick and tired of this! 

• Love 1
  • Sad 3

6 minutes ago, Better days ahead said:

FLCCA

It’s 3 notoriously headline seeking Medicos in the US who reject the need for randomised controlled trials (RCT) to legitimise drug efficacy. The entire medical model of medication-based therapy (prevention and cure) is based on RCTs. Ivermectin has not met any standards of efficacy in RCTs. That is science. Any quoting of its positive effect anecdotal, and we went down this route early with hydroxychloroquine. It’s a distraction to create notoriety and fuel spurious reportage. If only we could put all that energy into the KNOWN EVIDENTIAL SCIENCE - vaccination and effective quarantine , we’d be a lot happier and healthier. 

• Like 5
  • Love 1