TEAMS: Rd 10 vs Adelaide

Demonland

15 minutes ago, binman said:

Melksham in?

On what basis? 

With Nibbler and Gus now performing, DL’s  press gang must have their whipping boy. On a dry track hope he proves them to be mug punters.

• Like 1

Would have liked to see one more week of brown and weid just to give them a fair go at it (and as an aside to that, would have been good to give jacko another week of healing). 

Chandler deserved another go at it as well, give him some confidence and let him get used to afl pace. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Demons11 said:

What a load of rubbish.

I didn’t see you kick up a stink when Chandler played after being the sub the week before. 

Id back Chandler in front of Melksham and do u know why? HES GOT MORE GRUNT

• Haha 1

Not to fussed if it’s BB or wied we need to see both and Brown had 3 weeks (1 good, one average, one poor), now Weid has a turn without needing to ruck, my personal feeling is Brown requires a better defender there for tmac gets more space. But we will have to see on that.

Melksham makes no sense to me, didn’t play at all last week and comes straight back in, surely someone who has been performing in the vfl deserves a run, feel like he doesn’t need to earn a spot for some reason.

I get the feeling that the FD has seen an opportunity to trial a few things without giving much up in terms of quality. Yes Brown was decent first two games but he does still lack the mobility to be able to get back towards the goal square when we’re bursting out from the backline. This is Sam a genuine chance to show that he has something the BBB doesn’t. 

Given our luxurious (and completely foreign to us fans) position, I don’t think we should be necessarily seeing changes as this guy is dropped because he was bad or this guy is playing because he’s better. I think this is about trying to discover our best mix for the year. 

Melksham getting promoted is a little baffling but it’s a tricky one being the sub, you’re stuck in no mans land so I can only surmise that he put in a good week on the track. 

• Like 4

The selections are ruthless. 

BBB competing in the wet and adjusting to a new team was difficult for him. Would have given him longer in the team. I guess he will get his chance again. Given that he is the most experienced, as well as new to the club. Perhaps, he will take the omission in his stride and when he gets his chance again, will grab it! 

Great for Weids to get a run at it.

Jackson does make a difference, doesn't need an extended rest, so someone then had to make room. Bad luck we can't find a place for all our talls.

Chandler will keep at it, knows he is on the periphery, as does a few, therefore new additions to the line-up need to perform.

Hoping Melky can perform, if he doesn't, should be cut again. As that is the precedent that seems to be set. Might have got the message, play better, with more effort or whatever they expect, or you're cut.

Tough team to break into and then keep their place.

Jetts as the med sub

Edited by kev martin
  • Like 4

7 minutes ago, chook fowler said:

Weed was much better than Brown against Carlscum.

Much better ? He didn't have much to beat. They were both very average.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, picket fence said:

Id back Chandler in front of Melksham and do u know why? HES GOT MORE GRUNT

He touched the ball 4 times. That doesn't get you a game at Melbourne even Melksham has never been that quiet.

• Like 14

Expecting a Weid contract announcement to drop any time now... (not that I have any knowledge of course).

But it feels a bit of the vibe.

Edited by Engorged Onion
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, picket fence said:

Garbage! Melksham is the Epitome of a downhill skier Period!

Well said. Pickett spargo anb  etc have really shown up jake in terms of aggression and competitiveness.  

This is not a forward looking selection. 

LJ is way ahead of weid and bb so one had to go i guess. Both were  underwhelming last week 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Pickett2Jackson said:

Love that they dropped BBB

Lets go Weid!

Don't love it, but agree with it

Brown had a shocker last weekend, constantly worked his way under the ball and tryong to shuffle back. Had the defender easily defending over the top.

He's a lead and mark forward, I feel like we're not set up well enough to feed that style of forward with good, fast, and sharp inbound passes.

• Like 1

Probably the first week where I'm a little disappointed with the ins and outs. I trust Brown more than Weideman and would've preferred Chandler to have got another run in the side. 

• Like 3

1. I personally probably would have liked to see Sparrow given chance and Melksham go back to the VFL and find some really good form, but can't do much about it
  • Like 3

25 minutes ago, Nasher said:

I was going to suggest bringing Melksham for Chandler in but was legit afraid of the Demonland lynch mob. There’s absolutely no doubt in my mind Melksham would have offered a lot more than Chandler on the weekend.

Maybe it would have been better to bring in Sparrow rather than Melk. 

• Like 4

HAHAHA who was right AGAIN about Ben Brown deserving of being dropped? 

All of you people saying I had rocks in my head for saying that he needed to be dropped. Next minute, dropped. Albeit, a couple of weeks too late. 

I'm 1-2 weeks ahead of all of you!

Brayshaw is coming!

• Haha 2
  • Facepalm 4
  • Shocked 1

3 minutes ago, Rab D Nesbitt said:

Probably the first week where I'm a little disappointed with the ins and outs. I trust Brown more than Weideman and would've preferred Chandler to have got another run in the side. 

It’s interesting that you’ve used the word trust as I would say Brown has yet to earn much trust from me. Brown’s had some solid moments as a Demon (in his short time) but Weid was close to a match winner for us in a final. 

I think they’re about even in the trust scales for me, the only thing Brown brings that’s different to Weid is his reputation demands the best defender. Whereas a coach could look at either TMac or Weid for choice of best defender. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dr.D said:

All of you people saying I had rocks in my head for saying that he needed to be dropped. Next minute, dropped. Albeit, a couple of weeks too late. 

Brayshaw is coming!

You had a 50% of being right well done Brayshaw won't be dropped.

2 minutes ago, Dr.D said:

Brayshaw is coming!

And 1-2 decades behind in maturity.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 3
  • Haha 6

40 minutes ago, dazzledavey36 said:

Argh..

How the [censored] does Melksham get in based on being a medical [censored] sub.

Yeah would've preferred Sparrow but I'm happy with Brown out for Dogga. Glad they're giving Weid a run to prove himself and to be honest I think he offers more around the ground than Brown. Will be interesting to see how he goes working from the square instead of having to make way for Brown and not having to take ruck duties with Dogga back in.

18 minutes ago, Dr.D said:

Brayshaw is coming!

2 weeks ago? So you've been wrong for 2 weeks? So using this logic, if i say we should drop TMAC, and then he has two very mediocre 0-5 possession games. I would've been RIGHT and ahead of everyone by saying we should drop our best performing forward for a Weid & Brown forward line against Adelaide? Rightio Nostradamus

Edited by John Demonic
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, Pates said:

It’s interesting that you’ve used the word trust as I would say Brown has yet to earn much trust from me. Brown’s had some solid moments as a Demon (in his short time) but Weid was close to a match winner for us in a final. 

I think they’re about even in the trust scales for me, the only thing Brown brings that’s different to Weid is his reputation demands the best defender. Whereas a coach could look at either TMac or Weid for choice of best defender. 

Hi Pates. My comparisons are based on the bigger body of work from both where one has finished runner up in the Coleman in two of the previous three years and the other as you've mentioned played really well in a final three years ago. 

• Like 2