Farewell Mitch Hannan

Demonland

Good to see Mitch get a run but he is not in their best 22. He wouldn’t get a game with us.

On another note, Josh Schache.  As mentioned above by QD, shouldn’t play another game.  He upset a lot of people in Brisbane with his poor attitude and lack of commitment. Had huge tickets on himself but is a dud.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, ProperDee said:

Good to see Mitch get a run but he is not in their best 22. He wouldn’t get a game with us.

On another note, Josh Schache.  As mentioned above by QD, shouldn’t play another game.  He upset a lot of people in Brisbane with his poor attitude and lack of commitment. Had huge tickets on himself but is a dud.

Agree. Mitch H looked ok but not a regular best 22 type of player. Dogs may see him float in and out of their team depending on injury, similarly as the Dees did. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, ProperDee said:

As someone who's worked with Schache at junior level I find this comment disrespectful.  You've made judgement on his attitude based on what you've probably read on bigfooty or just making it up to suit your narrative. [censored] comment really.

Schache does not have tickets on himself at all. If anything he's battled anxiety from a young age and I believe that's still the case now due to the passing off his father at a young age. His confidence is shot by the looks of it and it wouldn't surprise me if he retires at years end. 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 4

Ok coach. You knew him as a junior. My son-in-law knew him at the Lions and there is plenty of commentary online to support my comments from football people here in Brisbane. IF he has any psychological issues they would not be helped by playing AFL footy and he should be managed more conservatively rather than being thrown in and out of the Bulldogs team. 

Sorry I upset you. BTW, comments I make are not based on what I read nor are they made up.

• Facepalm 1

Loved the 2018 goal. I was there that night and could hardly talk for 2 days after that goal. The crowd went nuts.

Hannan is one of those poor buggers who is too good for VFL but not strong enough to last in a top 8 best 22. Needs to go to North, Essendon, Carlton or the Pies where he could likely play 120 - 150 games. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, ProperDee said:

Ok coach. You knew him as a junior. My son-in-law knew him at the Lions and there is plenty of commentary online to support my comments from football people here in Brisbane. IF he has any psychological issues they would not be helped by playing AFL footy and he should be managed more conservatively rather than being thrown in and out of the Bulldogs team. 

Sorry I upset you. BTW, comments I make are not based on what I read nor are they made up.

Right.....

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, dazzledavey36 said:

Right.....

Yes I am. Thanks for your acknowledgement. ?

• Like 2

A solid citizen who made some important contributions for us. 

Like many players we have moved on (Frosty, OMac, Pruess) I'm sure he will always be welcome around the club but no question that it was the right decision to let him go. We have younger depth players (Bedford, Chandler) who deserve a chance to prove themselves so there was no need to keep him on the list. We're covered.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, A F said:

One of their better midfielders in Dunkley was not available. Would he have made the difference? Probably not, but you went early on the Bulldogs are in real trouble and I don't think it's justified. 

Hey A F,

Fair point about going early, and I accept that the loss of Dunkley was significant. 

I was listening to Daisy Pearce this morning on SEN (one of the few top-line analysers in the commentariat IMHO), and she nailed it (wish I had thought of this last night when I wrote on this board after the game). The Dogs have no plan B, let alone a plan C. She's right, and it's quite obvious in retrospect (shows why I'm not top-line).

The Tiges applied a slow Chinese burn (are we allowed to say that anymore?) over 60 minutes that strangled the Bully's usual game, closing down their flick and run style. Once that was dowsed, the Dogs didn't have another tactic. Top-line contenders usually have a way to counter opposition tactics and swing momentum. The Dogs, to me anyway, didn't really have any answers once their flick-it-around style was contained. 

Go Deez!

Edited by Queanbeyan Demon

26 minutes ago, Queanbeyan Demon said:

Hey A F,

Fair point about going early, and I accept that the loss of Dunkley was significant. 

I was listening to Daisy Piece this morning on SEN (one of the few top-line analysers in the commentariat IMHO), and she nailed it (wish I had thought of this last night when I wrote on this board after the game). The Dogs have no plan B, let alone a plan C. She's right, and it's quite obvious in retrospect (shows why I'm not top-line).

The Tiges applied a slow Chinese burn (are we allowed to say that anymore?) over 60 minutes that strangled the Bully's usual game, closing down their flick and run style. Once that was dowsed, the Dogs didn't have another tactic. Top-line contenders usually have a way to counter opposition tactics and swing momentum. The Dogs, to me anyway, didn't really have any answers once their flick-it-around style was contained. 

Go Deez!

There are a few things for the MFC coaching panel to remember from what you have illuminated. We play the Dogs in the near future and it would be great to cement a win over them, to get on top of their 'flick & run' methods, to exploit their weak backline and to scar the mindsets of their forwards. All in a day's work ... by then ... one would hope.

3 hours ago, Queanbeyan Demon said:

Hey A F,

I was listening to Daisy Pearce this morning on SEN (one of the few top-line analysers in the commentariat IMHO), and she nailed it (wish I had thought of this last night when I wrote on this board after the game). The Dogs have no plan B, let alone a plan C. She's right, and it's quite obvious in retrospect (shows why I'm not top-line).

Go Deez!

I disagree with that analysis. The Bulldogs stopped running and working hard. It was very apparent that their workrate dropped significantly after half time. The handball game does not work without run and spread.

Edited by A F
  • Like 1

I'm surprised anyone would want Mitch back. He's 27 and still just as inconsistent as his first season. At what point do people think he'll gain consistency within game, if he hasn't by that age?

Edited by A F
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, A F said:

I disagree with that analysis. The Bulldogs stopped running and working hard. It was very apparent that their workrate dropped significantly after half time. The handball game does not work without run and spread.

I don't think they have the skill or pace out of the backline to consistently move the ball out of their defensive half.

When the correct pressure coverage is applied and sustained by a fit well drilled team, they don’t seem to have a consistent exit plan out of their back half. 

Whether it be exiting down the line to a tall ruck option or a consistent Marking CHF they don't seem to possess this in there arsenal to release the pressure valve.

The Tiges worked this out and closed them down with ease, it lived in the Tiges F50 after quarter time.

The flick handpassing looks slick on the eye, but if you over do it and the pressure is elite you will come unstuck without a clear exit route especially from clearance situations.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Queanbeyan Demon said:

Hey A F,

Go Deez!

Daisy is right again ,still .

Have to agree with the analysis of Footscray's game style. It also makes our victory against Richmond so good, because at the 15m mark of 1st Q I thought we were going to get slogged all over the park. I think I can wear all the "........but its Melbourne: after our win over Richmond. (Having said that ,the "Toiges " really bared their teeth on Friday night.)

• Like 1

On 5/1/2021 at 10:10 AM, Maldonboy38 said:

Needs to go to North, Essendon, Carlton or the Pies where he could likely play 120 - 150 games.

Beautiful. Oh, how long I've waited to hear that the tables have been turned this much.

• 2 years later...