GAMEDAY: Rd 18 vs Essendon

Whispering_Jack

2 hours ago, Better days ahead said:

My faith has been shaken a little by the GWS sh*t show last night. GWS had something to play. Freo don’t and they’ll need to have a red hot crack if they’re to beat the doggies. Will they put their bodies on the line in an end of season game with nothing to play for? I’m not confident.  

Looking at Longmuir the last couple of weeks indicates to me they're definitely out to win all games, he has been like a cat on a hot tin roof.  Here's hoping their form continues.

• Like 1

Will be interesting to hear the excuses flowing if we get beaten. The would losses to 3 bottom 6 sides in 4 games

There will be nowhere to hide and heads should roll. But they won't because this club accepts mediocrity like a dying man in the desert accepts a sip of water

Fully expecting us to fall 5 goals behind, rally into the last and win by 2pts meaning another 12 months at least of the most boring coach in the world.

Yay  Go Dees

As much as I hate saying it, but I hope we lose today. It may just force the club to make a call on Goodwin. We simply cannot have him as coach next year. With both Gawn and Oliver out of contract, and Salem a RFA, we need a new approach and a successful year in 2021. 

1 minute ago, bobby1554 said:

As much as I hate saying it, but I hope we lose today. It may just force the club to make a call on Goodwin. We simply cannot have him as coach next year. With both Gawn and Oliver out of contract, and Salem a RFA, we need a new approach and a successful year in 2021. 

Goodwin is starting  the 2021 season as coach no matter what happens today.  

Accept nothing less than a thumping win over the drug cheats and maybe we even make the finals.

Edited by Pickett2Jackson

I think we will win it.  We are much better in the contest, and if we commit to maintaining defensive structures we will force them backwards and down the line.  Bombers look terrible when they do this.  If we let them work with speed and through the corridor, then we are in big trouble!  The hardness of the contest wins and the two way defensive running will tell the tale for me.

We should do it by 40+.

Will it matter?  There may be a few coaches and players that will need this and to make the finals to make a case to be on the roster next year.  So hopefully they come out and take the game off the table early.

The boy kicked his first goal for the year this morning for his rampaging U10 side. He wears number 26 so I am taking that as a Weid omen for a bag.

Mowed the lawns and now enjoying a lawnmower beer...fully expect the Dees to ruin what has been an extremely pleasant day so far.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Pickett2Jackson said:

No more excuses for Weideman. After showing improvement hes done nothing the last 3 weeks.

Time for Sam to grow up and be a man and take the game by the balls today.  Youre 23 Sam not 18!

Don't think Weid has the required competitive streak to be the no1 forward, he's happy just to kick 1-2 goals a game.

2 hours ago, Wiseblood said:

It would be so Melbourne to lose this.  So Melbourne in fact that I don't think anyone here would be surprised.

I'll be more surprised if we win, and even win well.

Let's see if we can flip the script for a change.

For what it's worth, I can't see the Dogs losing tomorrow, so today's outcome is almost a moot point, but it would be nice to be in the game for at least 24 hours longer.

The most Melbourne outcome would be to lose this and then the Dogs lose as well,  Meaning a win would’ve gotten us home.

A final serve of punch in the guts with an extra dollop of boot to the groin.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, P-man said:

The most Melbourne outcome would be to lose this and then the Dogs lose as well,  Meaning a win would’ve gotten us home.

A final serve of punch in the guts with an extra dollop of boot to the groin.

And a horror six months of pre-season, with nothing else to talk about, begins.

• Like 1

**Public Service Announcement**

If you want to avoid the ‘Head burstingly intense, Jim beam necking, sausage roll throwing, fury fest(tm)’ that is the Demonland thread.

you may want to head here with Jonathon Howcrofts ‘ Sedately quaffing Pinot, with cheese and quince paste minute but minute update’ instead.   https://www.theguardian.com/sport/live/2020/sep/19/afl-season-2020-round-18-essendon-v-melbourne-live?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, leave it to deever said:

Been saying this for a while now....someone for us us going to kick a bag.

Weid, Pickett or Fritta?

Possibly Trac.

Trac. Give him the AA, the MVP and the Brownlow for good measure.?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dr.D said:

Not sure why people care. We got taught a football lesson by Fremantle and Sydney. We don't deserve to play finals. And I'm not all that motivated to play finals only for our lack of structure and defensive pressure to rear its ugly head again.

You seem to care enough to make the exact same post 64 times this week.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1