• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

CHANGES: Rd 15 vs Sydney

Demonland

8 hours ago, dee-tox said:

Is young Blakey (195cm) played as a tall forward/midfielder?

If so, the Swannies have Reid and sometimes Sinclair as tall forwards plus McCartin? 

Maybe there is a job for OMac?

Blakey plays more a s high half forward at the moment, while McCartin played in defense last week. Sinclair has only kicked 3 goals for the season, and without a real ruck partner is doing the bulk of their ruck work. They are really stretched at both ends due to injury at the moment, I think we'd be better off to manage OMac and bring him back fresher for Freo and GWS. I do think we need another tall to allow the May/Lever partnership to continue to develop around or structures, so I think Smith might be worthwhile, he'd also be a handy potential match up for Papely if he gets on a run or Parker when he drifts forward.  

Anyone know if the weather in Cairns will be as oppressive as Darwin? 

26 degrees with 80% humidity at kick off. And we have to all it all again 4 days later. Very concerned we'll either drop a winnable game in Cairns or put in a listless display against GWS (as per Port game). These blokes are fit, but can they overcome this fixture cram?

I'm giving this side an absolute out/excuse if we miss finals. Alice - Cairns - Cairns in 9 days while other sides have mostly stayed in QLD.

Bulldogs - 10 of their final 12 games in Surfers or Brisbane

St Kilda  - 9 of their final 12 games in Surfers or Brisbane

North - 11 of their final 12 games in Surfers or Brisbane

Brisbane - Will leave QLD twice for the entire season FCS!!

This season is a bit of a video game if you ask me. Just make it up as they go.

Edited by Bring-Back-Powell
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Bring-Back-Powell said:

26 degrees with 80% humidity at kick off. And we have to all it all again 4 days later. Very concerned we'll either drop a winnable game in Cairns or put in a listless display against Port. These blokes are fit, but can they overcome this fixture cram?

I'm giving this side an absolute out/excuse if we miss finals. Alice - Cairns - Cairns in 9 days while other sides have mostly stayed in QLD.

This season is a bit of a video game if you ask me. Just make it up as we go.

We've already done that!

1 hour ago, Bring-Back-Powell said:

26 degrees with 80% humidity at kick off. And we have to all it all again 4 days later. Very concerned we'll either drop a winnable game in Cairns or put in a listless display against GWS (as per Port game). These blokes are fit, but can they overcome this fixture cram?

We have certainly copped a difficult fixture.

This week is our fifth straight game at a different venue to the last (Adelaide-Gabba-Metricon-Alice Springs-Cairns).

Our "bye" was in Round 3, one game after a three month break. Everyone else (other than Essendon) gets a bye during one of the two compressed fixture phases.

Other clubs get repeat games at the same venue - we currently haven't played more than two games at any particular venue and will finish the year having played at 9 venues across six states/territories.

We have undoubtedly had a much tougher fixture than most, and in a season like this, these sorts of differences can be magnified in importance.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

This season is a bit of a video game if you ask me. Just make 

Nah Cairns is not nearly as oppressive as Darwin ATM. Darwin would be 31 deg & 90% humid.

We are actually lucky. Imagine if we had drawn to play really tough opposition in Cairns.

• Like 2

I’ll be fascinated to see how we manage the conditions for these 2 games leading into the GWS game.

It would be a huge win if we get out of this with 8 points, with some of our players getting a rest, whether that’s a game off or even just resting someone like Petracca down forward for large chunks.

• Like 1

No doubt we've been stiffed on the fixturing this year, all thanks to Essendon really. Unfortunately there's not much we can do about it, but if we cant make finals given the quality of opposition to come in the next four games then we've really only got ourselves to blame. The added bonus for this fixture squeeze is our relatively healthy list, as long as players can come in and play a role (as many did last week) then we have the strengths to manage the roughness of this fixture.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, AaronDaveyChipsAndGravey said:

No doubt we've been stiffed on the fixturing this year, all thanks to Essendon really. Unfortunately there's not much we can do about it, but if we cant make finals given the quality of opposition to come in the next four games then we've really only got ourselves to blame. The added bonus for this fixture squeeze is our relatively healthy list, as long as players can come in and play a role (as many did last week) then we have the strengths to manage the roughness of this fixture.

I'll repeat what I've said previously. It's got nothing to do with Essendon and everything to do with a nasty virus.

If one of our players had tested positive to Covid (even if it were a false positive) would it be our fault if a game had been postponed?

• Like 3
  • Shocked 1

6 minutes ago, La Dee-vina Comedia said:

I'll repeat what I've said previously. It's got nothing to do with Essendon and everything to do with a nasty virus.

If one of our players had tested positive to Covid (even if it were a false positive) would it be our fault if a game had been postponed?

Why can't you just let us blame Essendon.  It's much more fun...

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 9

5 minutes ago, La Dee-vina Comedia said:

Even if Essendon were at fault for the COVID test (and they weren't), the subsequent fixturing has nothing to do with them.

There's no possible link between it and the venues we're being sent to and shuffled between, the four-day breaks, the lack of stability or other sides getting the opposite.

2 minutes ago, Diamond_Jim said:

Don't know if it has been mentioned but Melksham when being interviewed on radio said they would be staying in Cairns between the 2 matches which is bonus.

Anyone know if they are going up on game day or the day before?

Thanks for passing this on DJ.

I was hopeful we'd do this, worked well for the 4 day break in Adelaide for the Crows/Roos games. Hopefully we take several extras for the second game to rotate out some tired legs.

• Thanks 1

On 8/31/2020 at 6:52 PM, hardtack said:

I was actually thinking he could come in for an obviously out of form Hannan... he has the pace and he is a decent shot on goal; but I get the feeling that they might listen to the Demonland selection panel and instead go with a half paced Bennell, which concerns me a little.  It would be interesting to know just how Hunt has been performing in the scratch matches and what sort of a role he's been playing.

How's LA by the way? Or did you flee back to the safety of Melbourne ??

I fully agree. Maybe Hunt's better at HFF or FP than wing?   Also curious to know how he's been playing.  In for Hannan, or if managing Kossie or?

I've been back in LA since late 2016 thanks Tim.  It's been another world here. Masked distancing since March.  No live music gigs, though the players are still here.  

Spend much time with the GF.  Watch the Dees games. All the best to you and all at Demonland 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, La Dee-vina Comedia said:

I never meant implied it was all Essendon's fault, simply referring to the fact that bc of how that situation panned out we are now playing fixture catch up unfortunately.

On 8/31/2020 at 6:01 PM, Deemania since 56 said:

Hunt is adaptable - he can do these things and has been given great exemplars to interpret over the past month. His pace and sprinting recovery is a tremendous asset now that the team is actually slowing its intended progress of the ball and looking up for opportunities ahead - but not too far ahead. Hunt is also a great kick. 

Yes 56.  Perhaps he's learnt something from Landon? .and he's already got the bandanna!?

• Haha 1

My ins: 

Fritsch, Harmes, Lockhart, Bennell 

My outs: 

Hannan, Hibberd, Omac, Spargo 

I think we'll manage with two talls in defence and we'll need some quicker players and good users of the footy as it will be most likely slippery conditions. 

- Fritsch takes Hannan's place as 3rd tall

- Harmes to replace Hibberd as our rebounding HBF

- Lockhart in for Omac to lockdown on Papley (their most potent forward)

- Bennell in to add a bit of class to replace Spargo or Pickett. Have a feeling Kozzie will be good in those conditions so I think Spargo will go out. 

Hope Kozzie remains in the team, I know he's not very prolific at this stage but I do think he's beneficial even when not touching the ball.

He drifts in and out of space very well and pulls a defender with him, even some of the goals he's scored have had very good off the ball movement in the lead up.

Sounds like  conditions may favor this.