Favourite Dees

Elegt

1 hour ago, Hell Bent said:

Current: Tracc

All time: R Flower, doubt there will ever be a better Demon. 

The next Melb premiership team will be the best Demons for 50 plus years 

Yes we should laud and remember our champions but that  next flag 22 will all be immortals along with the Coach.

28 minutes ago, 58er said:

The next Melb premiership team will be the best Demons for 50 plus years 

Yes we should laud and remember our champions but that  next flag 22 will all be immortals along with the Coach.

The OP asked for our favourite players past n present.

I've never seen a better Demon and as I said I doubt we will. Hope I'm wrong! 

1 minute ago, Hell Bent said:

The OP asked for our favourite players past n present.

I've never seen a better Demon and as I said I doubt we will. Hope I'm wrong! 

Agree that Robbie is elite but have no doubt if Trac Clarry or Gawny andone or two others play in our next  flag they will go to another level of favouritism.

All 3 are starting to put together a cv which if mirrored over the next  5/6 years and a flag or two will trump IMO any player of the last 50 years in history and achievement.

On my duffle coat I had Mark Jackson's number (25) then on my woollen royal blue guernsey Michael Reynolds (46) followed by Brad Sparks (42) on my navy blue lace up. Maxy is my favourite of our current crop of players. 

Past : Tassie Johnson, Robbie Flower defied the laws of motion,  Lyon for leadership, Neitz we took for granted - Wiz and Jako for entertainment

Current : Trac has turned into the player we all hoped for, Salem cool as a cucumber

• Like 1

I just missed Robbie as I grew up supporting the Dees in 89. I'm spewin

Flower was the best by far,great skills and courage,RDB,Don williams,A Johnson was fantastic.Today I think Max ,Oliver Tracc and the weid will be our future.Saw all of the late fiftys and sixties every player back then were champs

5 hours ago, Elegt said:

I am interested to know people's favourite dees currently and in history. 

Currently for me would have to be Max Gawn, ever so consistent and rarely plays a poor game 

In history would probably be Flash Davey. Reinvented himself to become a penetrative deliver I50, would be a perfect addition for our current side, its just a pity he played in a weak side

We have similar taste in players. It was always the Wiz for me and then Flash took that mantle.

Maxy is an absolute gun but also comes across as a top shelf human being and would be my current fave as well.

I remember choosing my team when I was about 7. My parents had other teams but weren't footy crazy, so I had free rein.

The footy itself had nothing to do with my choice - it was all about who I thought were the coolest looking cats.

At the time, there was a guy playing for Melbourne wearing the number 2 who looked like he could have been fronting the next big thing to come out of Seattle or catching waves down at Bell's. That was it, I'd found my team. 

So to sum up, this is all Stinga's fault.

Edited by Cheesy D. Pun

As a kid, Robbie Flower was our shining light. An absolute superstar.

As an adult, Jeff Farmer and Aaron Davey. Farmer took my breath away so many times with goals, marks, absolutely amazing. Davey made me laugh, just with his pace, tackling, love for the game. Can't remember anybody who has made me smile as much as these 2 blokes at their best.

• Like 2

Former: Ray Biffin, Laurie Fowler, Rod Grinter, Russell Richards, Todd Viney, Dan Hughes and of course the legend that is Robert Flower. 
Current: Maxy, Nev Jetta, Vanders Jack Viney and Steve May.

Edited by ProperDee
Spell.

1970’s. Stan Alves, Gary Hardeman, Robert Flower, Laurie Fowler

1980’s. Alan Johnson, Garry Lyon, Brett Lovett

Rod Grinter

1990’s.  Yze, Neitz, Schwarz, Tingay, Jakovich

2000’s.  Matt Whelan, Brad Green, Stinga, Davey

2010’s. Max Gawn, Clayton Oliver, Steven May

Christian Petracca

8 minutes ago, Big Carl said:

1970’s. Stan Alves, Gary Hardeman, Robert Flower, Laurie Fowler

1980’s. Alan Johnson, Garry Lyon, Brett Lovett

Rod Grinter

1990’s.  Yze, Neitz, Schwarz, Obst Tingay Jakovich

2000’s.  Matt Whelan, Brad Green, Stinga, Davey

2010’s. Max Gawn, Clayton Oliver, Steven May

Christian Petracca

Plus   Andrew Obst 

Aarok Davey. When he first came on the scene his chase down tackles and forward line pressure was next level. He then moved up the ground and I haven't seen a better field kicker before or since at the club. I remember one game at Etihad against the Bulldogs (granted there were 12 ppl there) the sound of the footy coming off his boot was crisp and you could hear the air coming out of the ball. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.