CHANGES: Rd 11 vs North Melbourne

WERRIDEE

14 minutes ago, DemonOX said:

If we manage Gawn could TMac come in for him and do the ruck duties. 

TMac has the tank so could be an option and could bring him back into some form. All he has to do is purely focus on the ruck. 

Why T.Mac when we have Preuss?

A lot will depend on who needs to be managed through injury and soreness for Sunday. As T-Mac seems to be the latest player to be taking heat from the fan base, if we go with Tommo at CHB again I wonder whether he could take his place on the wing? We did it a fair bit back in 2018 when he was having trouble getting into a game. Sometimes even starting him there if I remember correctly, albeit mostly on the right wing where Langdon tends to play.

The forward line clearly works better when we're not building a game plan around him as our main target but in such a compressed season there's still likely to be a role for him to play I think. Just a thought. 

3 hours ago, ProperDee said:

Those suggesting Bennell be dropped, bear in mind he has played a handful of games in 3 years and still coming to grips with his confidence after those terrible calf issues.  He is the class act in our forward line and should be persisted with. Rested, maybe. Omitted, no.

Should confidence in his calves stop him from putting his body on the line? There were a few one hand in efforts last night that a calf should not excuse.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Rab D Nesbitt said:

A lot will depend on who needs to be managed through injury and soreness for Sunday. As T-Mac seems to be the latest player to be taking heat from the fan base, if we go with Tommo at CHB again I wonder whether he could take his place on the wing? We did it a fair bit back in 2018 when he was having trouble getting into a game. Sometimes even starting him there if I remember correctly, albeit mostly on the right wing where Langdon tends to play.

The forward line clearly works better when we're not building a game plan around him as our main target but in such a compressed season there's still likely to be a role for him to play I think. Just a thought. 

I’ve mentioned this before but I haven’t seen Tom jump or run all day like he used to and I can’t help but feel he’s knee is shot (mine is too hence why I think this). If that’s the case what Tom was for us in 2018 will never happen again. If it’s also the case he can’t play wing and he won’t be able to jump in the ruck. But just my random thoughts from how he’s performed this year..

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

If suspension (but also he was rubbish)  ... Out. Anb. In. Pickett 

If injured again. ... Out. Avberg in. Hannan

Unlikely but if he needs a rest to ensure he stays upright Out. Gawn (managed) In. Preuss 

If AFL is a joke and soft suspension to Lockhart Out . Lockhart   In. Jetta 

Outs:

- Max will get a rest. He did his job last night. North are the perfect team for Preuss to play against, he'll want to prove himself.

- ANB will get 2-4 weeks for his tackle.

- Vanders might get a rest too. He copped another face knock, and may need the week to recover.

Ins:

- Pickett was rested (they just didn't want to mention ''managed" because it would go against Goodwin's previous comments)

- Preuss gets his chance

- Hannan back in to replace Vanders.

----

FB: Lockhart - May - Lever

HB: Salem - Tomlinson - Hibberd

C : Langdon - Viney - Jones

HF: Melksham - Jackson - Bennell

FF: Pickett - Weid - Fritsch

R: Preuss - Oliver - Trac

I: Hannan - Sparrow - Harmes - Brayshaw 

6 minutes ago, Wunders said:

I’ve mentioned this before but I haven’t seen Tom jump or run all day like he used to and I can’t help but feel he’s knee is shot (mine is too hence why I think this). If that’s the case what Tom was for us in 2018 will never happen again. If it’s also the case he can’t play wing and he won’t be able to jump in the ruck. But just my random thoughts from how he’s performed this year..

Hi Wunders. Yeah, all fair points you make there. I keep tearing the medial ligaments and meniscus in both knees as well. My goalkeeping days are behind me now unfortunately. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, titan_uranus said:

Presumably Pickett gets ANB's spot. if vandenBerg is injured, I'd get Hannan back in, as I don't think he should have been dropped. 

I'm not sold, at all, on Jones and wouldn't be against bringing someone fresh into the side to help with the four day break.

Yeah OK we get it, you don't like Tomlinson.

But much to your dismay, he was actually good last night, and I'm not sure Oscar will do any better on the "big aerial threats" of Larkey, Walker or Daw than Tomlinson will.

Tomlinson was asked to play a role, he played it well (no idea how you can be so confident that the reasons for moving him are limited to getting UPs and kicking from the backline - maybe it was just to play Oscar's role without the clangers?), and he deserves to hold his spot for at least one more week.

Agree re Tomlinson. His man (Himmelberg) only kicked 1 goal and that was not Tomlinsons fault at all. happy with his first stint down there

After Burgoyne escaped suspension in June, the AFL stated they will be coming down harder on dangerous tackles. I expect ANB to be made an example of and get four weeks down to three. So ANB and AVB out so far. As far as Gawn goes, it’ll depend on how he pulls up.

Edited by Ethan Tremblay

3 minutes ago, Dee*ceiving said:

Only ANB and Fritsch had very minimal impact out of the playing group last night for mine. 

And even with the minimal impact, Fritta still finds ways to hit the scoreboard.  It's why he is still important to have down there.

The same with Melksham.  While his output has been down on previous years, he has still kicked 7 goals in the last three weeks.  It's why others, like a Hannan, get dropped - he didn't kick a goal in the previous two games.  

• Like 3

This is probably the only match North want to win for the rest of the season so they drive our pick earlier.  They'll be up and about.

Other than that they are tanking hard to finish 17th below Freo and Sydney.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Pollyanna said:

This is probably the only match North want to win for the rest of the season so they drive our pick earlier.  They'll be up and about.

They have their own first round draft pick to think about as well. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Pollyanna said:

Theyre gunning for pick 1, so they may not go that hard.  I hope they do though, I dont want any gift games.

ANB gets 2 weeks, AVB looks out and Lockhart wasn't moving that well at the end of the game.  Not sure who the 7 players that travelled with the team are.

For me based around the suspension and injuries

Out ANB, AVB, Lockhart(injured?)

In Pickett, Rivers, one of Bedford/Chandler/Jordan

Would like to see a bit of speed in our forward line, Weiderman to his credit is competing in the air, most of the time the ball his coming to ground a couple of fast front and square forwards will really balance our forward line.

I have no idea who Goodwin will select. He doesn't so how could i?

But if i were king for the day:

I''d drop Melksham in a heartbeat. I don't care how good his kicking is (which shows how frustrated i am with him)  His attitude is rubbish. Is playing for himself. Exhibit A was his instinctive annoyed reaction when tracc took advantage after he was paid a free. And his halfhearted effort at marking (clearly worried about contact) put the the icing on the [censored] cake.

Benell was abysmal. First the first time his lack of physical intensity was an issue for me. The worst it has been. Maybe one more chance, but i'm vascilating. Which is very frustrating as it is not possible for us to need his skill more.

Jones out. Actually played not too bad. But in my team there is no room against a pretty quick roos team (actually no team) for wagon one, two and three of the slow train - Tomlinson, Brayshaw and Jones.

At half time Brayshaw was out of my team (but not goody's - brayshaw is Donald trump and Goodwin's his incorrigibles - doesn't mater what he does, he loves him) but a decent second half saves him. I was pleasantly surprised i have to say, i thought it was strange move by Goody putting him in the guts, but he seemed to relish the position.

Looks like we have fond another inside mid, which is good because i was worried we didn't have enough.

ANB out. What can i say, other than if we have almost a full list to choose from and he gets a game our list aint that strong.

In Hannan for Melksham. Kozzie for  ANB. Omac goes comes in to play full back.

Tomlinson replaces Jones on the wing, or wherever it is he actually plays.

On Tomlinson he was ok, but he is not a defender. We got him to run up and down the wings. How about we play him in that role.

Tracca, at the risk of a weird form of deja vu my thought watching live (and then the replay they showed), was that goal by Himmleburg was 99% Tomo's fault (the other 1% was Lever).

I might be wrong and will look at the tape but my recollection is he was man on man with with him in the marking contest, completely lost body contact with him, got lost when the ball hit the ground, and allowed Himmleburg to be able to drop the mark, still crumb it himself (no small feat given his size - this is where the 1% Lever comes in) and snap an easy goal. 

I might well be wrong, and perhaps it is my Omac confirmation bias at play (i'll get that checked by a doctor i think) but my thought when watching the replay was 'imagine what DL posters would say if it was Omac who was schooled so badly by a big unco rookie'.

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, Pollyanna said:

Cunnington, Ziebel and now Brown injured.  They will put Brown on ice to preserve his trade value.

And they are gung ho for the draft north-s-shift-in-recruiiting policy so they will want the best draft picks they can get. 

I think they have put the cue in the rack. 

12 hours ago, Deespicable said:

Hopefully Goody now realises that fresh legs will be required on a four-day break - the Cats and others certainly did and our effort against Port showed why only a couple of changes won't do.

As a result I have more changes than most of you and basically designed to provide run.

Out: ANB (susp), Sparrow, Bennell (rested), Jones (rested), Lockhart (rested) with tricky decisions on heaps of others.

In:  Pickett, Hunt, J.Smith, Rivers, Jetta

Agree with this except Hannan instead of Hunt

13 hours ago, Demonland said:

Gawn managed when we've got Goldstein and then Grundy.

He should have been managed this week.

You won't get an argument from me. Seems crazy. 

48 minutes ago, Lucifer's Hero said:

Cunnington, Ziebel and now Brown injured.  They will put Brown on ice to preserve his trade value.

And they are gung ho for the draft north-s-shift-in-recruiiting policy so they will want the best draft picks they can get. 

LH surely you are not suggesting they are tanking?

2 hours ago, La Dee-vina Comedia said:

Just east of Israel.

Very good LDC razor blades for breakfast?

• Shocked 1

1 hour ago, Lucifer's Hero said:

They would want to beat us because the lower we are on the ladder the better it will be for them but it's proven that they can't win a game without Cunnington. Ziebell and Brown out makes it worse.

2 hours ago, big_red_fire_engine said:

You did note he was an emergency last week and the week before yeah? You did note that ANB will be missing, AVB and I would suggest Bennell on a weak game and short turnaround. Look forward to your excitement when he is named.

Anyone but spargo. Please.