Welcome to Demonland: Taj Woewodin

dazzledavey36

On 11/17/2021 at 1:39 PM, Jontee said:

Woey sounds great and  I hope he has a successful career with the Dees.

My only worry is that no other club? seems interested.

Taj has only had eyes for the Dees. Has said publicly since he was about 14 his goal was to play for us.
That puts other clubs off, in the same way no other clubs are talking about picking up Nick Daicos or Sam Darcy this year.

• Like 2

We have been very good at drafting players in recent years no matter where they were viewed by others. The common attribute's appear to be "character, skills and hardness', not necessarily in that order.. Speed  and footy "nous" may also sway the selection if enough of the other three are obvious. You come with character and hardness we appear to be willing to help you with anything else you might need. From what I've seen and heard of young Woewy he has lot's of the attributes and we can now have faith in our development of talent.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

On 11/18/2021 at 8:37 PM, dworship said:

We have been very good at drafting players in recent years no matter where they were viewed by others. The common attribute's appear to be "character, skills and hardness', not necessarily in that order.. Speed  and footy "nous" may also sway the selection if enough of the other three are obvious. You come with character and hardness we appear to be willing to help you with anything else you might need. From what I've seen and heard of young Woewy he has lot's of the attributes and we can now have faith in our development of talent.

I know it's bad form to quote ones self but JT has just said as much in the latest clip.

• Like 1

That is pretty much what was in the interview on the MFC website. I suspect there is a bit of tactics in it – Taylor is warning other clubs that if they bid on him early, to try and provoke a matching bid from us, they might end up being stuck with him for an earlier draft pick than they would like.

• Like 2

• Whispering_Jack changed the title to Welcome to Demonland- Taj Woewodin
  • Whispering_Jack changed the title to Welcome to Demonland: Taj Woewodin

On 11/18/2021 at 7:49 PM, FritschyBusiness said:

Taj has only had eyes for the Dees. Has said publicly since he was about 14 his goal was to play for us.
That puts other clubs off, in the same way no other clubs are talking about picking up Nick Daicos or Sam Darcy this year.

The fact that he is captain of the WA under age side shows he has great leadership potential, and obviously potentially great skill as a player. The question l have is he more Jack Viney than Billie Stretch. We will soon see l guess….

• Like 3

Love this pick up, genetics are a wonderful thing, and what’s been forgotten perhaps is that Shane was 21 in 1997 when we recruited him, having played a couple of years for East Fremantle, then played 100 consecutive game as he developed further into his Brownlow form…

So baby Woey likely to take a few years, be durable and consistently grow his game.

love it

Go Taj

Go Demons.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, DeesFlag2020 said:

The fact that he is captain of the WA under age side shows he has great leadership potential, and obviously potentially great skill as a player. The question l have is he more Jack Viney than Billie Stretch. We will soon see l guess….

...or maybe he's more Taj Woewodin? 😁

I get that he ultimately didn't quite make it and no doubt he had some deficiencies in his game that were the reason for that, but Billie was still pretty close to cracking it and played some good games.  Kicked important goals for us in those break through wins we had against the Cats in 2015 and Hawks in 2016 and was highly regarded within the playing group for his professional training standards, so I'd like to think that he in some way contributed to our rise.  If Taj has the same approach as Billie, I don't think we can ask much more than that.

• Like 19

2 hours ago, DeesFlag2020 said:

I still think Billy Stretch was a few years too early for us. He would have gone really well in our current system.

• Like 10

8 hours ago, Left Foot Snap said:

I still think Billy Stretch was a few years too early for us. He would have gone really well in our current system.

I agree. We were a mess as a club then, and it was not until Roos came in that we started the reforms that have lead to our current success. Part of this is we are now getting the best out of our playing Group, which obviously includes developing young talent effectively, to the extent that it seems we are elite in that pathway in the AFL.

I have no doubt the Billy Stretch would have benefited greatly from that environment, along with a number of other recruits which we managed to burn. Our current recruitment and development pathways are setting us up for sustained success. Exciting times. 

• Like 3
  • Facepalm 1

His highlight package is seriously very impressive. His left foot kicking and poise is what stood out for me. 

I'm hoping his career pans out the same way as James Harmes. Came through the rookie draft, both Melbourne supporters and every year he's just gotten better to play a big part in our premiership campaign.

No reason why little Woey can't nut out 100 games for us and become a great role player in our best 22. All reports suggest he has a high character, and unbelievable work rate for someone his age.

Welcome Taj.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

13 hours ago, dees189227 said:

I think this is great. Pity Brad Scott had to announce it. 

Yes, I don’t know why the zombie of Brad Scott is doing the announcing of the picks. 

Halloween is over and once again with Americanisation of our great sport…

• Haha 2