CHANGES: Rd 15 vs Brisbane

What

2 hours ago, Fuchsia Shock said:

Kangaroo hide? Really?

According to Sherrin "It is made from Australian top-grade cowhide leather".

(https://www.sherrin.com.au/faq#product)

I am old school. And possibly out of date, or maybe it's that kanga brand that fooled me. But it's not bloody pig skin. I'll cop Mason Cox but not Americanisms.

Edited by pitmaster

4 hours ago, Earl Hood said:

I am heading up to Brissy for our next match and need to book tickets, does anyone know which stands the MFC people inhabit? I only know the Vulture Street end from listening to test cricket matches! 

Ring the Club Membership Dept. There are often 2 or 3 areas in the ground that visiting fans sit.

Mostly it is at the Vulture St end ground level or in the top section at that end of the ground.

• Like 1

Rotate Lewis through the midfield giving others a chance to rest forward. 4 Premierships playing as a midfielder is the clue to where he plays best and evidenced by his performance at Casey last game.

The track maybe a bit slow in Brisbane.  It has been raining quite hard throughout the night and this morning with more predicted over the next few days.  That should suit Lewis.

• Shocked 1

1 hour ago, ProperDee said:

Rotate Lewis through the midfield giving others a chance to rest forward. 4 Premierships playing as a midfielder is the clue to where he plays best and evidenced by his performance at Casey last game.

The track maybe a bit slow in Brisbane.  It has been raining quite hard throughout the night and this morning with more predicted over the next few days.  That should suit Lewis.

It's been non stop in the Northern Rivers. I wish it would stop. Tanks full, #kthxbye

My golden retriever has turned an even more god-awful shade of red soil red than usual.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Out:

Wagner is depth so he will miss out.

Either ANB or Hannan will likely miss also as neither did much.

In:

Hibberd and Lewis.

Think Lever has had enough niggles post returning from knee surgery, to suggest he just needs to have a couple of injury free weeks on track and return without worrying about re-injuring something so he can focus on getting the footy

• Shocked 1

Pity about Lever's absence. I was interested to see how he fitted in with Hore playing more or less of his intercept marking role.

Time to get some stability into this team but it seems that each week brings a fresh (or extension) injury.

Give's Petty some exposure in the meantime. Big three weeks for him.

On his SEN interview this morning Goodwin said Dunkley isn't far off selection. 

Could it be this week?  Of last weeks 22, ANB and Hannan are at risk.  Hannan likely to get more time to find form, having had a long lay off so ANB to miss out when Dunkley comes in.

Hibberd ready to come back so should replace Wagner this week.

3 hours ago, Superunknown said:

It's been non stop in the Northern Rivers. I wish it would stop. Tanks full, #kthxbye

My golden retriever has turned an even more god-awful shade of red soil red than usual.

Sunday to be 25 degrees and sunny. Gabba track will be fast as it drains well. Will be there with kids  & grand kids

With most posters here. Hibberd for Wagner the main change and if Lewis gets a run then for ANB or Hannan and Lewis to rotate through midfield using his excellent kicking into I hope leading forwards.

• Shocked 1

Out: Hannan, Wagner, ANB

In: Lewis, Hibberd, JKH

Edited by juzzk1d
  • Like 1
  • Shocked 1

58 minutes ago, Docs Demons said:

Sunday to be 25 degrees and sunny. Gabba track will be fast as it drains well. Will be there with kids  & grand kids

With most posters here. Hibberd for Wagner the main change and if Lewis gets a run then for ANB or Hannan and Lewis to rotate through midfield using his excellent kicking into I hope leading forwards.

Thanks for the weather update Docs, 25 is not too bad for footy. Dry conditions should suit us. Here's hoping.

2 hours ago, Lucifer's Hero said:

On his SEN interview this morning Goodwin said Dunkley isn't far off selection. 

Could it be this week?  Of last weeks 22, ANB and Hannan are at risk.  Hannan likely to get more time to find form, having had a long lay off so ANB to miss out when Dunkley comes in.

Hibberd ready to come back so should replace Wagner this week.

ANB just returned from injury as well, and I thought he did what he's there for, run, chase, pressure and tackle. Hannan was down, but not sure that Dunkley is a direct replacement for what Hannan brings. I think they'll end up giving Dunkley another game or 2 at Casey before he gets a call up, but might have talked him up to keep his spirits nice and high. 

I'd like them to play Fritsch forward, along with ANB, Hannan and Lockhart and try and go back to a real mobile forward line, with the talls all mobile as well.

The only change for mine would be Hibberd for Wagner, with Hore to try and play in front of Cameron and cut off any chances he gets. 

26 minutes ago, Red and Blue realist said:

ANB just returned from injury as well, and I thought he did what he's there for, run, chase, pressure and tackle. Hannan was down, but not sure that Dunkley is a direct replacement for what Hannan brings. I think they'll end up giving Dunkley another game or 2 at Casey before he gets a call up, but might have talked him up to keep his spirits nice and high. 

I'd like them to play Fritsch forward, along with ANB, Hannan and Lockhart and try and go back to a real mobile forward line, with the talls all mobile as well.

The only change for mine would be Hibberd for Wagner, with Hore to try and play in front of Cameron and cut off any chances he gets. 

Would like to see frost on Cameron and bury him in a few tackles. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Bay Riffin said:

Would like to see frost on Cameron and bury him in a few tackles. 

Get May to line him up like the Walters tackle in the first on Saturday, might have cost a free kick but I reckon it got under his skin for the rest of the game. Not sure Cameron would bite back as much, but would hopefully make him watch his steps.

20 hours ago, Red and Blue realist said:

I'd like them to play Fritsch forward,

Grossly overdue. Space-man on the fwd line. The person we need down there as an alternative lead and feed, even though the bombing to the goalsquare still occurs. His leads would make a few midfielders look before a statistic is accrued. Hell, an effective delivery is a better statistic than either 'metres gained' or 'ineffective delivery'. Fritta's second best skill is marking. Then come shots at goal; where he plays at the moment, both are taken from him and the game plan.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Red and Blue realist said:

Having just watched the replay, I was pleasantly surprised at how much ANB contributed. At the game I don't notice how much he actually did, not just running and chasing, but also getting the ball to players in better positions etc. He's not fluid or silky, but I was surprised how much he was actually in the game.

Hannan, unfortunately, was mostly invisible live and on the replay. Hopefully he gets his mojo back soon.

It won't happen but in the relative heat of Brisbane I would like to see Preuss played as first ruck with Gawn used as a floating forward/chf for say 60% of the game and ruck the rest. He could even sit in the hole around chb.

We won't beat Brisbane playing our present gameplan and even if we lose we won't run Gawn into the ground.

Let's be honest there is no small/mid size player demanding a spot so we may as well try something new. I'd give Hanan a rest.

Goodwin's style is so slow and one dimensional Brisbane are probably lining up the MFC witches hats already for the attacking runs off half back.

Edited by Diamond_Jim
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Diamond_Jim said:

It won't happen but in the relative heat of Brisbane I would like to see Preuss played as first ruck with Gawn used as a floating forward/chf for say 60% of the game and ruck the rest. He could even sit in the hole around chb.

We won't beat Brisbane playing our present gameplan and even if we lose we won't run Gawn into the ground.

Let's be honest there is no small/mid size player demanding a spot so we may as well try something new. I'd give Hanan a rest.

Goodwin's style is so slow and one dimensional Brisbane are probably lining up the MFC witches hats already for the attacking runs off half back.

What do you mean? Aren't we the team that plays on the most and goes backwards the least? 

• Like 1

Just now, whatwhatsaywhat said:

IN: lewis, hibberd
OUT: hannan, wagner

Inside knowledge?

Also, is Lewis in purely for his last dance with Hodge? Wouldn't have though the FD were so generous...

2 hours ago, Engorged Onion said:

Inside knowledge?

Also, is Lewis in purely for his last dance with Hodge? Wouldn't have though the FD were so generous...

No, Lewis was purely BOG last week at Casey. Demanded selection. At his best is clearly in our first 18. We still need to win games to build for next season and convince the competition we are still a force.