Sign in to follow this  
What

CHANGES: Rd 15 vs Brisbane

Well, we might as well make the finals now.

Will Lever and Hibberd ready next week?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

No change unless injuries

we might win 4 of next 5 but will still miss finals

Lever in, Wagner out

Hibbo for someone else as well.

Whiskey fog stops me from identifying who.

• Like 1

Happy for Lever or Hibberd to come in for Wagner.  If both available then Petty may miss.  Doesn't really deserve to but Lever and Hibberd will give us more.

ANB will be lucky to stay in - no one better at the moment unless someone stands up at Casey.

• Like 2

be interesting to see who plays well at vfl level tomorrow

until then, presuming our key players are back...

IN: lever, hibberd
OUT: petty, j wagner

Hibberd might be our best and only choice to play on Cameron. He’ll have a field day. In for Wagner. Good luck pig.

Wouldn’t rush Lever.

Hannan’s done nothing since he came back and looks a fair way off it. Actually think we’re better off with Hunt in his role as a deep forward. Corey Wagner back at half forward? Or Dunkley? Stretch or JKH playing wing and use Baker/Fritsch forward more?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, DeeSpencer said:

Hibberd might be our best and only choice to play on Cameron. He’ll have a field day. In for Wagner. Good luck pig.

Wouldn’t rush Lever.

Hannan’s done nothing since he came back and looks a fair way off it. Actually think we’re better off with Hunt in his role as a deep forward. Corey Wagner back at half forward? Or Dunkley? Stretch or JKH playing wing and use Baker/Fritsch forward more?

Hibbs is no good against the pacer small fwds, he was ok against Betts but then ran out of puff and couldn’t keep up.

We need someone, just don’t know who it could be.

Outs. Petty Wagner

ins. Lever Hibberd 

hibberd may lever

salem frost hore

brayshaw Viney Fritsch

trac Tmcd baker

Lockhart Weid TSmith 

gawn Harmes oliver

njones Hannan Hunt Anb 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

8 hours ago, Lucifer's Hero said:

Happy for Lever or Hibberd to come in for Wagner.  If both available then Petty may miss.  Doesn't really deserve to but Lever and Hibberd will give us more.

ANB will be lucky to stay in - no one better at the moment unless someone stands up at Casey.

Like Pretty's game. Solid mark and has a defenders nous. Going to be good for us in the long run and would like to see him continue to develop with the season all but done. Same goes for Baker,  the only true wing man on our list given KK can't get on the park. Give Lever an extra week or two rest, prefer to see him come back at peak fitness not after the recent ankle and knee injuries

• Like 1

I've got NFI who should play given i've watched zero neutral matches all year and have no idea who Brisbane's team and our matchups for them are. That being said I'm looking forward to our club taking on a team that seems to be on the rise like we were last year, so It's a symbolic match of sorts. And could be used as a way for us to put our stamp on them for future matches, given we plan to be back in the mix soon enough. Even though i'd love pick 1, to go on a run and beat up on some teams over the next 10 teams could be a great way of saying 'lookout' for next year.

In: Lever, Hibberd, Dunkley

Out: Wagner, Petty, Hannan

• Like 4

I don't want to be a downer but I don't think Petty will be up to it. Not sure what those who have praised his game saw that I didn't. What I saw was his direct involvement in almost every early score against - improved later, but not by that much. Clumsy, basically, with no distinctive weapons and caught between weight classes. 

Out: Petty - and hopefully Wagner

In: Hopefully Lever and Hibberd.

Also: Hannan can probably come out and find some form in the seconds.

In: Why not Dunkley?

And I'm still suss on Tmac up front . . . 

Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, Skuit said:

I don't want to be a downer but I don't think Petty will be up to it. Not sure what those who have praised his game saw that I didn't. What I saw was his direct involvement in almost every early score against - improved later, but not by that much. Clumsy, basically, with no distinctive weapons and caught between weight classes. 

Out: Petty - and hopefully Wagner

In: Hopefully Lever and Hibberd.

Also: Hannan can probably come out and find some form in the seconds

I see what you're saying about petty in terms of his costly turnovers, but reads the play well and has good hands.

Also loved the way he attacked the ball in the air at the edge of the centre square at the punt road end. Cruched the Freo player. Playing twiggy lever's role so probably comes out for him. But who knows when that will be?

I'd keep hannan in too. Rather he finds form in the ones to be honest. Important player structurally and i think with q couple of games now under his belt will start to improve.

Edited by binman
  • Like 6

May as well continue with Petty and see if he can make it. His trajectory certainly flattened after his call up last year.

Worth noting that Baker had not been starring at vfl level but is now showing early promise at AFL level.

I doubt Lever will be ready. Likewise Hibberd.

Wagner should be dropped. Preuss should be given a chance. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Diamond_Jim said:

May as well continue with Petty and see if he can make it. His trajectory certainly flattened after his call up last year.

Worth noting that Baker had not been starring at vfl level but is now showing early promise at AFL level.

Bigger grounds and quicker standard of footy suits the style of someone like Baker.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Demons1858 said:

Like Pretty's game. Solid mark and has a defenders nous. Going to be good for us in the long run and would like to see him continue to develop with the season all but done. Same goes for Baker,  the only true wing man on our list given KK can't get on the park. Give Lever an extra week or two rest, prefer to see him come back at peak fitness not after the recent ankle and knee injuries

I think finals are out so we should be getting games into Petty. Would learn alot playing with Maysie

2 hours ago, John Demonic said:

I've got NFI who should play given i've watched zero neutral matches all year and have no idea who Brisbane's team and our matchups for them are. That being said I'm looking forward to our club taking on a team that seems to be on the rise like we were last year, so It's a symbolic match of sorts. And could be used as a way for us to put our stamp on them for future matches, given we plan to be back in the mix soon enough. Even though i'd love pick 1, to go on a run and beat up on some teams over the next 10 teams could be a great way of saying 'lookout' for next year.

In: Lever, Hibberd, Dunkley

Out: Wagner, Petty, Hannan

Thought Tom showed promise would like 2c get games 4 his development. Jimmy (Hannan) looks underdone & Wags is not best 22, 2 slow &  2 vanilla.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Ugottobekidding said:

I think finals are out so we should be getting games into Petty. Would learn alot playing with Maysie

Agree wholeheartedly. But with Lever to come back in where does that leave Petty?

I am a very big supporter of Petty. He shows real glimpse of his attack in the air and plays a bit like Lever with his intercept marking and spoiling.

Wonder whether he is worth a shot up forward?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, dazzledavey36 said:

Agree wholeheartedly. But with Lever to come back in where does that leave Petty?

I am a very big supporter of Petty. He shows real glimpse of his attack in the air and plays a bit like Lever with his intercept marking and spoiling.

Wonder whether he is worth a shot up forward?

Was wondering the same thing about Hore

25 minutes ago, dazzledavey36 said:

Bigger grounds and quicker standard of footy suits the style of someone like Baker.

Agree. Plus he us confident in his own ability and confident enough to go for things, like the nice baulk he did on the he flank.

His pace is really important for us evidence when he got to that ball meters booted forward (passing Jones who gave him a 15 metre head start).

12 minutes ago, defuture15 said:

Yes, we have some quality depth in defence. Not so much in midfield or forward

No risking players unnecessarily please. 

No change for mine. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, defuture15 said:

I think we can definitely fit in Hore, May, Lever and Frost.

Frost is such a different hybrid of a defender. For someone who is 194cm, he has speed of a small running defender and can easily play on the small blokes like Walters. I'd give him first choice on Cameron next week.

Lever and Hore are brilliant intercept defenders. Something we haven't had since Jared Rivers. Once May and Lever are up and going Hore plays a floating defender In the same way as what Tom Stewart does down at Geelong. 

• Like 8