CHANGES: Rd 12 vs Collingwood

Skin Deeamond

2 hours ago, whatwhatsaywhat said:

tom morris on the couch said that may and lever will defo be in for queen's birthday

I wonder if Hore comes back in too or too many talls back there?

not sure we can play, Hibbo/Lever/May/Frost and Hore all in the same backline.

13 minutes ago, DubDee said:

Hore has to come in and play against his,  ol' vfl club.

2 hours ago, whatwhatsaywhat said:

tom morris on the couch said that may and lever will defo be in for queen's birthday

Well, I would not bring Lever in under ANY circumstances. He is underdone and not worth the risk. IMO

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Just now, picket fence said:

Well, I would not bring Lever in under ANY circumstances. He is underdone and not worth the risk. IMO

just as likely to re-injure playing at Casey. Would prefer he works himself into form playing in the firsts.

• Like 5

27 minutes ago, DubDee said:

Not sure why Hibberd is on this list. He's 186 cm and generally plays on smaller forwards. However, I agree with the other four, although I think the answer is "yes" as both Hore and Frost should be able to play on smaller forwards.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, chook fowler said:

just as likely to re-injure playing at Casey. Would prefer he works himself into form playing in the firsts.

We can't manage him in the firsts...

At Casey he can have long periods off the ground, he's more likely to get a soft tissue injury with the intensity at AFL level.

• Like 2

On 6/2/2019 at 10:58 AM, At the break of Gawn said:

Serious question, but is there a compelling reason to go to this game? Collingwood home game, any general admin tickets go to their coffers. We’re also likely to lose. 

I feel this could be an 80-20 crowd split this game.

To support the Dee's!?

It will 80-20 crowd split if only the staunch turn up.

On 6/2/2019 at 10:58 AM, At the break of Gawn said:

Serious question, but is there a compelling reason to go to this game? Collingwood home game, any general admin tickets go to their coffers. We’re also likely to lose. 

I feel this could be an 80-20 crowd split this game.

I'm going mainly to get out of the house and have a few beers

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, DubDee said:

Yep, it would be fine, great, tremendous, terrific. Leaves a couple of spaces for smalls - eliminates weakness areas, encourages midfield runners to get involved in the backline approaches and is difficult to man up upon. Salem can pass at will with this set-up.

27 minutes ago, La Dee-vina Comedia said:

Not sure why Hibberd is on this list. He's 186 cm and generally plays on smaller forwards. However, I agree with the other four, although I think the answer is "yes" as both Hore and Frost should be able to play on smaller forwards.

Bluddoath!

3 hours ago, whatwhatsaywhat said:

Good, sounds like we're going all in.

In - May, Lever, Hore, Salem

Out - Wagner, O Mac, JFK, Stretch.

Melksham, VDB and Jetta are our only best 22 certainties out.

Lewis and probably ANB are available for good depth.

Starting from the Freo game after the bye (as May and Lever would've shaken the rust off) we should be winning more than we lose. Pure and simple. Excuses are over. The honey moon period for Goodwin is well and truly over.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Bring-Back-Powell said:

Starting from the Freo game after the bye (as May and Lever would've shaken the rust off) we should be winning more than we lose. Pure and simple. Excuses are over. The honey moon period for Goodwin is well and truly over.

love these black and white statements - they're the reason I come to these forums.

1 hour ago, La Dee-vina Comedia said:

yeah true, he is 6'1' though and can play tall.

can't wait for Lever and May to be out there.  imagine May wrestling Jenkins instead of O Mac??

21 hours ago, SwissDee said:

True, but I do wonder what constitutes a tackle sometimes. Does anyone have an actual definition? Like, does the tackle need to stop the opposition player? I'm always sceptical when it comes to stats

My understanding...

A tackle is only counted as a tackle if It impacts the play.  Ie;  stops player who has the ball from an effective kick or handball.

If an effective kick or handball (disposal) takes place in the process of being tackled the tackle is not counted and is instead marked down as an 'attempted tackle'* only.

*Champion data version

Edited by Rusty Nails

3 minutes ago, Rusty Nails said:

My understanding...

A tackle is only counted as a tackle if It impacts the play.  Ie;  stops player who has the ball from an effective kick or handball.

If an effective kick or handball (disposal) takes place in the process of being tackled the tackle is not counted and is instead marked down as an 'attempted tackle'* only.

*Champion data version

I must admit I don't remember Spargo making an effective tackle, but I'm not going to rewatch the game to look for those two moments :)

What I was trying to say in my original comment is that I think Spargo has some extremely good attributes, but I don't think he is able to impose pressure on the opposition the same way as someone like Lockhart has been able to. It's only an opinion obviously. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, La Dee-vina Comedia said:

Gee Hore has been one of the few good things this year. If Hibberd continues to improve and returns to his old self ....Frost likewise then we have Jetta,  Lever and May......quite formidable. 

Tmac better improve up forward as there might not be room down back. 

14 minutes ago, leave it to deever said:

Gee Hore has been one of the few good things this year. If Hibberd continues to improve and returns to his old self ....Frost likewise then we have Jetta,  Lever and May......quite formidable. 

Tmac better improve up forward as there might not be room down back. 

Made me laugh. I know what you mean, but I think most of us would prefer if Frost didn't return to his old self. While the current version still has one nervous every time he's near the ball, the 2019 Frost is far superior in overall output to the earlier version.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, La Dee-vina Comedia said:

Made me laugh. I know what you mean, but I think most of us would prefer if Frost didn't return to his old self. While the current version still has one nervous every time he's near the ball, the 2019 Frost is far superior in overall output to the earlier version.

Agree.  He now does some good passes compared to the wild delivery he used to do.

2 hours ago, Bring-Back-Powell said:

Dang the witch trials got nothin on the Demons.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bring-Back-Powell said:

The honey moon period for Goodwin is well and truly over.

Perhaps an interesting observation. May it evolve into a proper game plan.

3 hours ago, Engorged Onion said:

love these black and white statements - they're the reason I come to these forums.

And I love we have commenters like yourself.

The statement is self obvious. Maybe not to your good self.

Goodwin is really Badloss.

The period of all excuses IS well and truly over.

I'd suggest he's as useless as a wet rag in a storm.

No plan B..in fact plan A is fn useless and we'll understood by EVERYONE  !!!

I'm glad you're comfortable in your little place. That's precious.

No Taylor Adams, Elliot, Dunn, wells, Beams, Langdon. Question mark over Cox and Grundy but they reckon Grundy will play. 

After just beating Sydney Bd losing to freo at home they are certainly not in their best form

thats right, I’m getting my hopes up already!

4 hours ago, DubDee said:

I'm going mainly to get out of the house and have a few beers

Good idea might have to slip down to the local hotel....  more atmosphere as well, rather than just me moaning at the telly !1 Go Dees  I think we will surprise again but still not win,    !!

• Like 1