Posting Unsubstantiated Rumours on this Website is Strictly Forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Changes vs GW$ Giants

OUT: ANB, T Smith (both concussion) and i wouldn't be surprised if Salem was as well given the knock he took late
IN: one of C Wagner or Sparrow (depending on how tomorrow goes), Preuss

brayshaw had a real dom tyson vs meth coke; he can only play the one role - inside mid - and whenever he has to play a different role (e.g. the lewis role) then he gets completely lost, and his fumbles and up-and-unders are momentum killers

i wouldn't mind seeing brayshaw forward, but his defensive pressure is just non-existent so he's a liability anywhere but on the ball - he's too good a player to be performing like he is currently

billy stretch skating on super-thin ice for mine - he holds up play every time he gets it; hoping a youngster can start to show something for casey to replace him as a runner

petty holds his spot as we'll need all tall hands on deck vs cameron, himmelberg and finlayson

B: Hore - Frost - Petty
HB: Salem - O Mac - Fritsch
? Jones - Oliver - Baker
HF: Hunt - T Mac - Lockhart
F: Petracca - Preuss - Garlett
Foll: Gawn - Harmes - Viney
I/c: Brayshaw - Stretch - C Wagner - J Wagner
Emerg: Jordon - Sparrow - Chandler - Kielty

• Like 1

Dont really give a Fat Rat's Clacker!!

Just play Guys who are actually footballers.

That means IF WE ARE REALLY SERIOUS 

Bye Bye one of our captains, Ok Ill call it VINEY as limited a player as I've seen! 

Jones , faithful servant but a bloke like Clarko would call it at end of year!

Lewis Gone!

Billy Stretch um No!

Oscar? see previous comments

Neal Bullen? see Billy Stretch

And i'm just scratching the surface!

Time for Simon to GET TOUGH!

Edited by picket fence
  • Like 2

Brayshaw’s a better kick than what he showed tonight, wouldn’t say I’m worried about him yet but someone should try to get ahead of any bad habits he might be starting to get in his game. 

Hard to know who comes in yet but at this stage you’d think Smith, ANB, and Salem all have clouds over them from concussion. 

Lockhart and Stretch would be two performance wise I’d put in the firing line. 

As for INS well until Casey play we can’t really say but Preuss would surely be looked at, will we take things slow with Lever or get him back in should he physically get the all clear from one week at Casey? Lewis will probably come straight back in despite his unpopularity amongst the demons fathiful.

We really are the walking wounded, but at least we played more like our 2018 selves this week than I’ve seen all year. 

Edited by Pates
  • Like 1

Depends on who's fit. They've got 9 days, so presumably enough to deal with concussions (ANB, Salem, Smith), so hopefully no forced outs, at least.

Can't see many changes, as much as anything because there's no-one really to change with. Lewis in if fit presumably, would at least allow Fritsch to move further up the field. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, picket fence said:

Bye Bye one of our captains, Ok Ill call it VINEY as limited a player as I've seen! 

Lewis Gone!

Billy Stretch um No!

I doubt anyone could get as tough as you.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2

Yes some average players getting games. Wagner stays in just due to manpower ie so many injuries. 

In. 

1-goal kicking accuracy   It was the DIFFERENCE 

2- passing the footy inside fwd 50

3- marking inside forward 50   Tmcd  Petracca  Smith all fumbled marking chances within 15-20 metres of goal

outs.

1-Costly fumbles and Turnovers.  We cost ourselves in the last quarter.  Fritsch panic handball straight to Eagles player and Frostys goalline fumble were costly. 

2- biased umpiring.  The 23 Rd man in the west. 7-0 free kicks in the first 15 minutes of the last qtr.  they missed Cripps throw and yet an umpire 45 metre away called Oliver’s a throw .... and petty touched the footy on the goal line.  

• Like 1
  • Love 1

11 hours ago, whatwhatsaywhat said:

OUT: ANB, T Smith (both concussion) and i wouldn't be surprised if Salem was as well given the knock he took late
IN: one of C Wagner or Sparrow (depending on how tomorrow goes), Preuss

brayshaw had a real dom tyson vs meth coke; he can only play the one role - inside mid - and whenever he has to play a different role (e.g. the lewis role) then he gets completely lost, and his fumbles and up-and-unders are momentum killers

i wouldn't mind seeing brayshaw forward, but his defensive pressure is just non-existent so he's a liability anywhere but on the ball - he's too good a player to be performing like he is currently

billy stretch skating on super-thin ice for mine - he holds up play every time he gets it; hoping a youngster can start to show something for casey to replace him as a runner

petty holds his spot as we'll need all tall hands on deck vs cameron, himmelberg and finlayson

B: Hore - Frost - Petty
HB: Salem - O Mac - Fritsch
? Jones - Oliver - Baker
HF: Hunt - T Mac - Lockhart
F: Petracca - Preuss - Garlett
Foll: Gawn - Harmes - Viney
I/c: Brayshaw - Stretch - C Wagner - J Wagner
Emerg: Jordon - Sparrow - Chandler - Kielty

Would rather go in 2 short that play both Wagners.

North identified that pretty quickly with Corey and for whatever reason we thing they can play.

Clearly they are  in possession of some interesting polaroids of Goodwin.

You can add Stretch to that list. Yes i get the Father/Son love but hes is not up to you, is not quick and offers nothing!

4 minutes ago, chook fowler said:

Billy Stretch is infuriating. When he has the ball he is so slow to make a decision that he allows the opposition to set up and a turnover results.

The most risk averse player in our team. The stalling is momentum killing especially as he is used on the wing which is a link position 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, chook fowler said:

Billy Stretch is infuriating. When he has the ball he is so slow to make a decision that he allows the opposition to set up and a turnover results.

Correct.

Not only is he too slow to make a decision he still makes the wrong one after taking an eternity.

Unfortunately, he's a hopeless AFL footballer.  VFL quality at best.

• Like 5

Stretch needs someone to just tell him to play on more.  

His kick to Viney in the 3rd qtr showed his talent.  

Goal opportunity in the last 3 minutes showed exactly where he is at.  Close but not quite.  Should have kicked it.  AFL standard means you kick goals in the run from 35 metres. Should have even baulked around the eagles defence.  

• Like 1

Stretch would not have been an AFL player if not for his fathers name. Its bad luck for him and us but needs to make every post a winner like kicking get able goals. Rather a youngster. 

I don’t think we should be so hard on Stretch. He is really only playing because we have so many injuries. He has played 40 odd games at AFL level which is an achievement not too many on here have done, and despite his limitations he always gives 110% and is noted as a very professional footballer, attitude wise.  To call him a “hopeless AFL footballer” is just disrespectful IMO.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 1

12 hours ago, picket fence said:

Lewis Gone!

Billy Stretch um No!

You missed Fritsch...

3 minutes ago, Graeme Yeats' Mullet said:

You missed Fritsch...

I thought after last time we played at Optus the powers that be would have realised that Fritsch is not a backman.

• Like 4

What is it with our club?  16 injuries. Eagles had 2 out.

Kent playing his 9th straight and Hogan also. Both missed all the time with us injured. What is the story?

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Redleg said:

What is it with our club?  16 injuries. Eagles had 2 out.

Kent playing his 9th straight and Hogan also. Both missed all the time with us injured. What is the story?

its fu@ked up isnt it. I think it really is a curse or just  terrible luck or its conditioning and player management ....or a mix of all three. Knees and concussions you cant do anything about ( 3 in one frikn game points to the curse part) but I suspect we've fallen behind the comp again in terms of fitness and conditioning. Hogan looks like a different build , slimmer and more defined,  than when he was with us. 

• Like 1