PREGAME: Rd 06 vs Richmond

Lucifers Hero

1 hour ago, Swooper1987 said:

The event is fantastic and well worth attending.  The game will most likely not live up to the event which is a real shame.  I am hopeful rather than optimistic that our mob can can put on a good show but I do like Lockhart, Stretch and Garlett as ins.  At least they can all run, which is a massive improvement on the blokes they've replaced.  Bull Smith has a crack.  He'll make a contest and hits it hard.  Maybe we can make things uncomfortable for the Tigers.

The in’s are good for sure. Crunch time for jeffy, do it now or probably face delistment and end of career. Got a feeling he’ll be on tomorrow night. Stretch and Lockhart have potential to add value. ANB if he finds some late 2018 type form could be important (not holding my breath for this one). Tim Smith up forward makes sense now jeffy is back, happy for bull to replace tmac who really needs to go back to CHB for the foreseeable future. Just make a contest, tmac has hardly been giving us that so an upgrade here is a low hanging fruit. 

All things considered, plenty riding on jeffy right now to have a day out with some ground ball. Hope he fires, he’s absolutely brilliant when he’s on. Carn Jeffy ...  

Obviously expecting a loss but a certain little fire inside me will never die. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Jaded said:

I’m just sad that we’ve had such a good run of prime time games and free to air exposure and we have totally stunk it up! 

been happening since the 90s Jaded. Never forget playing Adelaide at the MCG on a Friday night in the mid 90s. They'd lost their past 3 games at the MCG by like 90+ points each. We came in hot favourites. Friday night lights. Lost by 6 goals. Then there's Modra's 10 and Freo's first ever win at the MCG in 1999. 

I can't believe the sooking! I like the changes, Garlett needed for pace, Stretch, Neal-Bullen and Lockhart in form and T.Smith has a go.

Can't see the Weid and Preuss in the same team Weid plays too much like a ruckman. The Wagner's and Spargo had to go and Jetta has done nothing all year. I think we look a better team not enough to get us over the line so I think we will lose by 3 to 4 goals. I'll be going unlike some sooks on here.

6 minutes ago, Good Lord George said:

ANB is the anti- Stretch. Plays 4-5 stinkers in the ones, goes back for one week where, again, a stinker, then gets recalled. 

He played a pretty good game against Australia.

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Jaded said:

I’m just sad that we’ve had such a good run of prime time games and free to air exposure and we have totally stunk it up! 

At least we are consistently good at something Jaded!

41 minutes ago, praha said:

been happening since the 90s Jaded. Never forget playing Adelaide at the MCG on a Friday night in the mid 90s. They'd lost their past 3 games at the MCG by like 90+ points each. We came in hot favourites. Friday night lights. Lost by 6 goals. Then there's Modra's 10 and Freo's first ever win at the MCG in 1999. 

I think we hold the honour of giving every interstate team except one their first win at the MCG.

I wonder if we might complete the bingo card with the Wandering Suns one day.

Who can forget the day of the Orange bananas with the rent a cheersquad boys for GWS.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Diamond_Jim said:

I think we hold the honour of giving every interstate team except one their first win at the MCG.

Who can forget the day of the Orange bananas with the rent a cheersquad boys for GWS.

I remember it well. I thought the religious cult the Orange People had made a comeback. Gave me the creeps.

29 minutes ago, Call Me What You Will said:

Outs: Mediocre

In: Mediocre

Simply, this has to be the game that proves that football is played 95% above the shoulders.

Go Dees.

ZERO Expectations... upset looming!!

Yeah, I'll take these changes and happy to see Garlett get another crack. Although I don't have a lot of confidence in the inclusion of Tim Smith, but what's the alternative?... OMac? shudder

Hopefully a 'competitive' Melbourne outfit turn up tomorrow night........ Feels like I've gone back in time 5 years.

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Diamond_Jim said:

15 minutes ago, Dame Gaga said:

I remember it well. I thought the religious cult the Orange People had made a comeback. Gave me the creeps.

That was a very scary day indeed.  I'm just glad i was down the opposite Punt Rd end and only saw the Sheedy lead rent-a-hare krishna crowd on the big screen.  Just saw them as an orange blur of bald heads.

I can't recall but did we overrun them in the last quarter or was it an ugly close outcome?

I just hope we try something different tomorrow.

Tommy Mac back to Lynch.

Fritsch forward.

Viney forward/Salem in the middle.

Hunt back or to a wing...

Melk to HB, best field kick we have.

Lewis forward, use his so called experience to sort out that mess...

Brayshaw & Trac interchanging through the middle.

Weid the only really tall forward giving Max the odd chop out.

Be unpredictable, at the moment we are just so predictable...

Unfortunately, I'm not sure we're that inventive.

If we try something we could give it a shake

...the Tiges are men down and have been playing above themselves.

The Rance/Kotch loss has to take effect at some stage, with luck it will be this game.

Our luck hasn't been so good so it will probably be next week.

• Like 1

On 4/22/2019 at 4:54 PM, dl4e said:

So last year we were in a prelim final and by round 6 the following year the best I can hope for is effort.

Every moment of everyday we learn that we can't take anything for granted.

Its football only football. 

Perspective, comes when when you look at the world, most recent examples being Christchurch and Sri Lanka.

And that over 60,000 Aussie lost their lives in WW1 and over 150,000 were wounded, gased, or left broken, lives ruined.

• Like 1

Every chance I will not surface from the Frank Grey Smith Bar in the MCC tomorrow night, but alas I shall be there to endure the potential heat from the surrounds and my phone, with pint in hand.

Cmon Demons, give me some hope!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, My name is legion said:

So why do we glorify that in “Anzac Day” war remembrance?

It is not glorified. It is a day to remember and to reflect on the sacrifices of the men and women who served. "Lest We Forget".

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it".  - George Santayana.

Furthermore, I do not agree with the AFL having a rock band at the ANZAC Day game to jazz it up. I don't think people need to be entertained in this way on such an occasion. Attending the ANZAC games is a sobering experience. Hopefully the game which follows is entertaining enough.

• Like 4