• Podcast: Draft Wrap Up w/Jason Taylor  

olisik

Sack everyone (mega-thread)

The season is rooted anyway, there is nothing to be gained from making the club look like a 2012/13 style circus.

20 minutes ago, TeamPlayedFine39 said:

Just out of curiosity... who are the 'multiple players careers' he has wrecked?

Is there a club in the AFL that has not had players retire due to injury?

What should the players do when they turn up to training on Monday..?

Should everyone who is planning on leaving the end of a year (Roos, Jackson, etc.) resign immediately?

(people are really struggling with who to blame now that Oscar has been dropped)

Mitch Clark and Trengove for starters. 

Just now, olisik said:

Mitch Clark and Trengove for starters. 

How did he break Mitch Clark’s navicular and give him depression?

If anything, Clark returned to football after his foot injury, it was his mental health that led to his retirement.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TeamPlayedFine39 said:

How did he break Mitch Clark’s navicular and give him depression?

If anything, Clark returned to football after his foot injury, it was his mental health that led to his retirement.

Didn’t Clark re-injure his foot and then have some soft tissue injuries (calf) on the same leg multiple times?

From what I remember, he continually tried to come back to early as he wanted to repay the faith but should have been told to cool his jets. 

Not sure if this is Missons job or not.

Trengove story is similar in continually playing injured. This has more to do with us picking a 21 year old kid as captain (similar to what we may have done with Viney!!!)

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Zoiikgarden said:

Perhaps he is a mole!!

It's a bad look for an assistant coach 2 openly barrack 4 an opposition team regardless of whether we were in the final series. Especially if he was wearing their colors. Chaplin should've known that in AFL u can't openly barrack 4 another team when u r employed by someone else. Privately yes publicly no.

• Thanks 1

Wonder what sort of long term damage TMac, Viney or Jetta are doing running around with obvious injuries at the moment.

9 hours ago, rjay said:

Looks like it might be time for a review and clean out of the FD.

I agree.  We need a club-wide review.  Need to look at what the assistant coaches are bringing to the table because we have problems on every line.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, one_demon said:

I agree.  We need a club-wide review.  Need to look at what the assistant coaches are bringing to the table because we have problems on every line.

One example is looking at the total change of assistants and a review of hardwicks coaching style.  They made changes and grabbed a flag.  But had also replaced every single coaching assistant at the club for immediate impact.  I dont know how that changed the approach but obviously it made a difference.

I have been banging on about Dave Misson for 2 years now, should have been saked at the end of 2017. 

As for Charlie, should have been sacked instantly after he was plastered all over national TV with a tigers scarf on.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Deeko2 said:

Didn’t Clark re-injure his foot and then have some soft tissue injuries (calf) on the same leg multiple times?

From what I remember, he continually tried to come back to early as he wanted to repay the faith but should have been told to cool his jets. 

Not sure if this is Missons job or not.

Trengove story is similar in continually playing injured. This has more to do with us picking a 21 year old kid as captain (similar to what we may have done with Viney!!!)

So,

Mitch Clarke -  Foot

Trengove - Foot

TMc - Foot

Viney - Foot

AVB - Foot

Seems a trend dee-veloping to me.

5 hours ago, samcantstandya said:

It's a bad look for an assistant coach 2 openly barrack 4 an opposition team regardless of whether we were in the final series. Especially if he was wearing their colors. Chaplin should've known that in AFL u can't openly barrack 4 another team when u r employed by someone else. Privately yes publicly no.

He’s gonna love the game this week 

1 hour ago, Win4theAges said:

I have been banging on about Dave Misson for 2 years now, should have been saked at the end of 2017. 

Same.   Could not agree more.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, samcantstandya said:

How did you feel about Adam Yze and brad green cheering for us against geelong last years final, or david neitz singing the song when we beat sydney last week?

Ive been asking about chaplins influence and coaching since he arrived, what ever hes been involved with has gone backwards under him

If brad scott gets sacked and we pick him up, and he improves us, i couldnt care less if he's seen cheering on brissy in a finals match or cheering on his former players at nth.

7 minutes ago, At the break of Gawn said:

Who are the other good assistant coaches that may be available out there?

Well, We had one of the best in jade Rawlings and imo his influence may have been bigger than we know. Certainly the backs are a shambles since he went. He’s coaching Casey  now... I say bring him back at years end as a matter of urgency. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, chook fowler said:

Goodwin keeps saying we are too easy to play against. Whose fault is that? I bet it starts with the game plan and coaching. 

Agreed.  From his press conf he thinks its the players:  aren't working hard enough, can't get the ball i50 accurately enough (ie can't connect) and our forwards can't mark (ie can't connect).  His points have validity but are only part of the story.

I didn't get the impression he thought it was game plan related issues.  I would be more confident of improvement if he said something like:  we will look at all aspects of our game, player skills, workrate, structures, forward leading and positioning, ball movement etc.

It wouldn't hurt to take and share the responsibility.

Edited by Lucifer's Hero
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, At the break of Gawn said:

Who are the other good assistant coaches that may be available out there?

Duterte - takes no prisoners 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, chook fowler said:

Extreme measure; would solve complacency issues though.

16 minutes ago, Lucifer's Hero said:

Agreed.  From his press conf he thinks its the players:  aren't working hard enough, can't get the ball i50 accurately enough (ie can't connect) and our forwards can't mark (ie can't connect).  His points have validity but are only part of the story.

I didn't get the impression he thought it was game plan related issues.  I would be more confident of improvement if he said something like:  we will look at all aspects of our game, player skills, workrate, structures, forward leading and positioning, ball movement etc.

Agree on this.

I've noticed Roos, when discussing MFC and other present dysfunctioning clubs this year, takes the view of putting it back on the players not executing plans properly.

Coincidence?

56 minutes ago, Lucifer's Hero said:

Agee LH But I’d also say that no game plan will work if the players cannot employ the basic skills of modern football. I’m not saying our game plan doesn’t need altering but when we cannot hit a target, drop marks, refuse to two way run, cannot pick up loose men, continue to have 3 up and no one down, continue to show no on field intelligence or leadership, etc then, as I said, no game will work. The players are making our coaching look bad. 

Therefore the suggestions on here by some of bringing in players of even lessor skills - such as Stretch and ANB, just because they can run - frightens me. 

But playing Lewis and Jones on the wing is a joke. Having a dysfunctional forward line is a joke. And having a backline that refuses to have one player goal side of any attacking move is a joke - and a poor reflection on our coaching staff.

So yes LH the blame needs to be shared.

Edited by Neil Crompton
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, chook fowler said:

3 hours ago, TRIGON said:

Extreme measure; would solve complacency issues though.

After 60+ years of following this rabble I’m ok with extreme measures 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

A little convenient Jetta sat out round 4 with a knee complaint only to come out of round 5 needing surgery and to miss an extended stint on the side lines. Seems another Misson speciality, guy needs to go ASAP.

• Like 3

Don’t forget Jennings!!! He is the guy who is looking at Trends in the game.. hi Craig, heard of a 6-6-6?