Steven May Suspended for 1 Match

Demonland

7 minutes ago, beelzebub said:

BS

?

7 minutes ago, Ethan Tremblay said:

Weak. 

A fine should have been suffice,  for that tweak the the chest.

Just because a players has priors, does not mean he is automatically guilty, accordingly. 

this decisions is carp.

I know it's not the done thing...for Melbourne....but I'd be promoting our concerns to the media leaving nothing to misinterpretation. 

This is what Eddy does. Good on him.

Jeff wouldn't let this rest either.

Do you get fined for speaking out against the AFL as player? Just curious...

If I was suspended incorrectly I wouldn’t be towing the party line, I’d be saying ‘I now can’t play because an incorrect decision has been made. The AFL made a mistake and change needs to happen for the good of the game’ etc.

I’m so sick of the change that’s happening to the game. The new rules are brain dead. The new 50 meter penalty rule seems like it was created by a 10 year old for backyard footy. Ughhhhhhh [censored]

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Neil Crompton said:

I guess the tribunal didn’t read the 12 pages of expert witness statements on this site.

i also guess that Oscar and Frosty get another chance to redeem themselves

Port don’t have Kennedy and Darling.  The boys will be right!!

11 minutes ago, david_neitz_is_my_dad said:

This is a new paradigm - the potential to cause injury. We’re now in a new world where impact is no longer based on consequence but opinion.

just another AFL interpretation like OOB intent. This game is so far into the grey it’s ridiculous.

• Like 2

Just like when it decided to clamp down on tanking, the AFL again decide to use Melbourne “to make an example of “ for removing indirect head high contact from a player holding his ground... easy target to send a message  . I’m glad the club at least contested it 

and mummy still got off for an intentional hit to the head ... FMD 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, daisycutter said:

so who do we appeal the appeal to?

The court of public opinion.

Time to go to war against these dimwalts.

And special kudos to May for putting us into this position even after the following incidents had happened:

Preuss injures his groin. Probably out round 1

Viney cops a corkey

Jones cops a corkey

VDB throws a punch

JFK cops a 3 month injury and probably his career

Harmes appeared to (at the time) cop a 2 month finger injury 

Smith runs around with a sore groin probably robbing him of a round 1 gig

Fritsch injures his hip.

Oliver costs us the game with a stupid punch when we had momentum.

and finally May’s 2 seconds of stupidity which will no doubt see Westhoff tear us a new one.

Edited by Bring-Back-Powell

There's a lesson to be learned somewhere in this saga.  I hope it's well learned.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bring-Back-Powell said:

And special kudos to May for putting us into this position even after the following incidents had happened:

Preuss injures his groin. Probably out round 1

Viney cops a corkey

Jones cops a corkey

VDB throws a punch

JFK cops a 3 month injury and probably his career

Harmes appeared to (at the time) cop a 2 month finger injury 

Smith runs around with a sore groin robbing him of a round 1 gig

Fritsch injures his hip.

Oliver costs us a game with a stupid punch when we had momentum.

and finally May’s 2 seconds of stupidity which will no doubt see Westhoff tear us a new one.

OMG I had no idea - sack the bastard

• Love 1

9 minutes ago, Tom Dyson said:

i bet ya if a richmond player was invovled in a similar incident, he would get off with a fine. they are so fückin biased 

Cotchin did, for a worse hit that put Shiel out of a Preliminary Final.

• Like 3

Seriously...it's time to take it up to these Bozos.

Fair dinkum clubs don't take this rubbish without giving it back.

The AFL think we're a soft target. 

Yeah it's bull[censored] but let's take a positive it puts May on notice now, no doubt this won't have gone down well with the coaches or club leaders. The decision like it or not is the right one in the AFL eyes. Better that May learns he's lesson now then during the year when it could potentially be a worse scenario