• Podcast      

Demonland

AFLW: Rd 3 vs Brisbane

Watching parts of last night’s game where North Melbourne gave last year’s premiers a whipping, I can’t see anyone else getting near them. How did they get to assemble such a strong side in no time?

• Shocked 1

39 minutes ago, The Third Eye said:

Watching parts of last night’s game where North Melbourne gave last year’s premiers a whipping, I can’t see anyone else getting near them. How did they get to assemble such a strong side in no time?

It stinks but they have been able to buy a flag ( presuming they win ) in their first year. Current clubs had to give north and geelong some players including a top ranked player. If the 4 clubs entering the comp next year can do the same the situation is effed. They shouldn't be expanding again next year or even for the next 5 years.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, whatwhatsaywhat said:

north in the aflw in 2019 = north in the afl in 1975

Yep. Every other club was furious about how Norf went about recruiting. Says it all really.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, FarNorthernD said:

Well to have any hope of staying in touch we need to win tomorrow 

• Like 1

Well, I'll be there. It's going to be a bit strange barracking against a few girls I've coached. Any other QLD Dees planning on attending?

• Like 3

We need to win.  We are in the strong conference group. Look at the percentage between the two.  Its seems to come out completely loop sided.

Can't Im sorry but am in Melb fir a week.

Girls can win and start to bear all rivals.

GDees

If they had the same conference system back in the day when Mark Neeld was coaching us, we would have been a chance to make the finals.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Deeman said:

If they had the same conference system back in the day when Mark Neeld was coaching us, we would have been a chance to make the finals.

No we wouldn't...

That Freo win against Collingwood has not done our finals chances any good.

As others have mentioned there seems to be some disparity between the two conferences

5 hours ago, Deeman said:

that is both wishful and wistful 😀 

14 minutes ago, daisycutter said:

that is both wishful and wistful 😀 

I’ve heard of rose coloured glasses dc but never seen rose coloured blinkers

Very scrappy vs the pies last week.  Very clean this week. 

There has been some really good marking, overlap play and short stab passes to position.  And our defensive structures are holding up really well.  For a change we have kicked more goals than points.

It will be a good win and a very good percentage boost (if I haven't spoken too soon...).

• Like 3

Well, that experiment didn't last long...the game isn't over yet. 

I opened the thread from the main board and by the time I finished the post the thread had been moved.  I reckon regular AFLW posters are still watching the game...

• Like 1

Terrific team performance today. I thought Pearce was best on, she was brilliant and dominant all day. 

Bring on Norf, the only downer was Cunningham on report. 

• Like 3

The joke of the conference system is shown in the ladder. 

image.png.91bd87dd7850ce97f865101af41cdb99.png

If this was the final round Carlton and Brisbane from Conference B would be playing in the finals (as the top two teams in Conf B).  Yet they are below all of the teams in Conference A.  Its embarrassing. 

It was rather dumb of the AFL to put the last two premiers in the same conference and Melbourne as a recognised strong team in that same conference. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lucifer's Hero said:

If this was the final round Carlton and Brisbane from Conference B would be playing in the finals (as the top two teams in Conf B).  Yet they are below all of the teams in Conference A.  Its embarrassing. 

It was rather dumb of the AFL to put the last two premiers in the same conference and Melbourne as a recognised strong team in that same conference. 

It’s not a good look at all. Carlton won their first game in 12 months this weekend and are currently holding down a finals spot.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dee Zephyr said:

It’s not a good look at all. Carlton won their first game in 12 months this weekend and are currently holding down a finals spot.

I think they just need to make a few rule changes for next season and everything will be ok.

Clowns

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Dee Zephyr said:

Terrific team performance today. I thought Pearce was best on, she was brilliant and dominant all day. 

Bring on Norf, the only downer was Cunningham on report

AFL app says ‘Reports: Nil’

49 minutes ago, Lucifer's Hero said:

So 'Lucifer', I haven't been keeping a close eye on this at all.

How does the conference system work?

For some reason I thought that conference A teams just play other teams in conference A then the top teams in each conference play off???

...but it seems you just play anyone????

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.