• Podcast:     

• Podcast:     

7 minutes ago, rjay said:

24yo who's done nothing, zilch with his career to date.

Why???

Keep the lid on tight boys...

...and why would we want Darling? a perennial under achiever.

I agree, but I was just throwing a name up there as a potential replacement? Due to bad happenings, Hogan has also under achieved due to bad luck (back, family, cancer). Can you think of any other potential forwards available and throw a name in? 

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Jesse going nowhere, boys and girls.

MFC has demanded at least pick 2 and Freos first rounder next year for Jesse. This is why Freo offered Weller and 5, for The Suns' pick 2. This will then be sent to us for Hogan along with their 2018

The club has someone else in their sights big time. Not Lever, that deal is done. I'll let you know if I can find out more

Posted Images

1 minute ago, SFebey said:

Can you think of any other potential forwards available and throw a name in? 

Lynch is the only one I would consider for Hogan and I couldn't care less if GCS tumble down because of it...

If we lose Hogan that's who we go after.

• Like 3

Just now, rjay said:

Lynch is the only one I would consider for Hogan and I couldn't care less if GCS tumble down because of it...

If we lose Hogan that's who we go after.

Unfortunately I think the AFL will cheat the system and force Tom to be unhappy and stay! There isn't too many around this year though is there? I'd love Curnow, but can't see that being an option.

14 minutes ago, rjay said:

24yo who's done nothing, zilch with his career to date.

Why???

Keep the lid on tight boys...

...and why would we want Darling? a perennial under achiever.

Relax rjay, Taberner was developing nicely behind Pavlich for most of his career. But Freo got Kersten and McCarthy in, so is now playing second fiddle. He is a welcome KPF and at the right age too.  It'll keep Pederson and Weidemann on their toes.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, SFebey said:

There isn't too many around this year though is there?

...and thats why we don't trade. No point trading out quality and bringing in a borderline player unless the long game is to bring in Lynch.

Just now, Caligula's Cohort! said:

But Freo got Kersten and McCarthy in, so is now playing second fiddle

If he's playing 2nd fiddle to Kersten and McCarthy, neither of who are a KPF's bootlace then he's going nowhere fast.

• Like 3
Just now, rjay said:

...and thats why we don't trade. No point trading out quality and bringing in a borderline player unless the long game is to bring in Lynch.

If you're referring to Hogan - it'll be what Jesse wants, not a forced trade by the club.

If you're referring to Watts - well, he ain't quality IMO, he's a fragile gazelle in the headlights.

So at the end of EVERY season we are going to hear about a potential Hogan trade. 

Ffs personally if he wants to go trade him and get a massive return for him now so we can get on with it. 

I’m sic of this already and he’s IN contract (not that that means much anymore it would seem). 

• Like 3
50 minutes ago, SFebey said:

Unfortunately I think the AFL will cheat the system and force Tom to be unhappy and stay! There isn't too many around this year though is there? I'd love Curnow, but can't see that being an option.

So if I've got this right, the AFL introduced Free Agency to avoid 'restraint of trade' complaints by players, yet they would somehow restrain one particular players trade to one particular club. Have I got it right? I see what you and others are saying, but surely if Tom wants out, Tom gets out (once his contract expires of course).

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, DemonOX said:

So at the end of EVERY season we are going to hear about a potential Hogan trade. 

Ffs personally if he wants to go trade him and get a massive return for him now so we can get on with it. 

I’m sic of this already and he’s IN contract (not that that means much anymore it would seem). 

Look at it as an improvement. This year the talk didn't start until our season had finished. In years prior it was non stop from [censored] to breakfast.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
5 minutes ago, FireInTheBelly said:

So if I've got this right, the AFL introduced Free Agency to avoid 'restraint of trade' complaints by players, yet they would somehow restrain one particular players trade to one particular club. Have I got it right? I see what you and others are saying, but surely if Tom wants out, Tom gets out (once his contract expires of course).

Have you heard what they're going to pay him for an "ambassador" role? He's going to be the highest paid player in the comp soon.

• Like 1
Just now, SFebey said:

Have you heard what they're going to pay him for an "ambassador" role? He's going to be the highest paid player in the comp soon.

Yep, so they have a salary cap to equalise the competition, but again, they're allowed to break their own rules and pay certain players outside of that. Anyone that thinks they don't 'fix' matches has rocks in their head for mine.

Having said that, I still reckon if he wants to go he'll go. Would love to know how much the AFL are willing to cheat, oops, I mean pay, to keep him at the GCS.

• Like 2
Just now, FireInTheBelly said:

Yep, so they have a salary cap to equalise the competition, but again, they're allowed to break their own rules and pay certain players outside of that. Anyone that thinks they don't 'fix' matches has rocks in their head for mine.

Having said that, I still reckon if he wants to go he'll go. Would love to know how much the AFL are willing to cheat, oops, I mean pay, to keep him at the GCS.

I'm with you on this. I thought I did hear the figure $500k per year on the radio but that number may be incorrect. They were saying $1.3m a season all up

4 minutes ago, SFebey said:

I'm with you on this. I thought I did hear the figure $500k per year on the radio but that number may be incorrect. They were saying $1.3m a season all up

At what point is it called corruption? Breaking of an industries laws for the betterment of one particular entity.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, DemonOX said:

For the next few seasons I'd say we will.  If he were to sign a long term extension during the 2019 season (4-5 years) then those yearly rumours may pass.

Until then we need to get used to them.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, DemonTux said:

Only happy to trade hogan if it turns into Tom Lynch... freo 2 first rounders plus our 1st rounder next year for lynch fair?

Not even for the 'loane ranger ?  watt if ?

I was under the impression Jesse's mum now lives in Melbourne the city and he was enjoying the club and the Melbourne lifestyle. 

Would hate him to leave,  but Freo 2017 and 2018 first rounders with the Tab and Balic would be tempting. Those 2 picks on-traded would boost our midfield or kpd stocks considerably. MFC with 2017 picks 5 and 10, 2018 picks 3 and 18.... hmmmmm!!!

Edited by Moonshadow
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, Moonshadow said:

I was under the impression Jesse's mum now lives in Melbourne the city and he was enjoying the club and the Melbourne lifestyle. 

Would hate him to leave,  but Freo 2017 and 2018 first rounders with the Tab and Balic would be tempting. Those 2 picks on-traded would boost our midfield or kpd stocks considerably. MFC with 2017 picks 5 and 10, 2018 picks 3 and 18.... hmmmmm!!!

Only an assumption here, but with Jesse's dad passing this year you wouldn't think she would've moved to Melbourne so quickly, unless just ST to support Jesse while he was sick. Still WA based I'd say.

3 hours ago, Moonshadow said:

Im sure shed be happy enough to move back to WA with Jesse.

Im sure Jesse knows all the required bouncers in Freo.

This will never go away til ...it does.....if....

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, Moonshadow said:

I was under the impression Jesse's mum now lives in Melbourne the city and he was enjoying the club and the Melbourne lifestyle

Was enjoying himself at the races today.  Not sure he’s as homesick as the media and Fremantle would want us to believe.

• Like 3
9 hours ago, Dirts said:

Is Gibson worth a look from NM. Age is other side but healthy and could be rookie listed?

Hasn't missed a game in 5yrs. Better than garland and could give us a great defence and allow Oman to grow in the twos...