Demonland Player of the Year - Round 16

Demonland

6 Oliver - With his best three clearance support acts missing, he had to step up and he did in a big way and before Cripps left as well).

5 Frost - He reminds me more of Sean Wight (circa 1987) every day. 

4 TMac - Can those who used to reckon he couldn't kick please head to church confession now.

3 Neal-Bullen - Horror start but kept buttering up and that's why he will play finals if we make it.

2 Petracca - The best hips since Brian Wilson and unlike Willo, he can kick a long ball as well as clear packs.

1 Jetta - Great final play and once again showed he can play on bigs and smalls.

Apologies Wags (great first half), Hunt (super disallowed goal), Jordy (Boo, who!) and Bernie (did Gibbs play?).

Clayton Oliver almost has the field to himself with only Michael Hibbert challenging given that 3rd to 5th are all out injured.

125. Clayton Oliver
93. Michael Hibberd               
92. Nathan Jones
67. Jack Viney
65. Jack Watts
64. Tom McDonald 
52. Christian Petracca 
47. Neville Jetta
45. Jeff Garlett 
37. Jayden Hunt
29. Jordan Lewis 
27. Sam Frost
26. Cam Pedersen Christian Salem
25. Oscar McDonald
23. Dom Tyson
19. Max Gawn  
18. Mitch Hannan  
13. Bernie Vince          
11. Alex Neal-Bullen
7. Jake Melksham 
6. Jesse Hogan Billy Stretch
5. Dean Kent
3. James Harmes    
1. Josh Wagner

6. T. Mac

5. Oliver

4. Jetta

3. Frost

2. Hibberd

1. Petracca

15 hours ago, Vogon Poetry said:

Interesting votes.  Murphy got a 5 and a 4.  No other player got more than five which means the coach who gave Murphy 4 gave either Curnow, TMac and Trac 5.  The other coach didn't think they were in the top 5 players.

Am I missing something?

You are correct.

And given that each coach gave their 1 vote to separate players, we can also work out that Oliver must have got 4-0. Otherwise, there's no way to allocate the votes to two of Petracca, Curnow and Tom McDonald. Two of these players must have got a 3-2 split while the other one got a 5-0. 

So, in summary, only three players (Murphy plus two of Petracca, Curnow and Tom McDonald) scored votes from both coaches.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, La Dee-vina Comedia said:

You are correct.

And given that each coach gave their 1 vote to separate players, we can also work out that Oliver must have got 4-0. Otherwise, there's no way to allocate the votes to two of Petracca, Curnow and Tom McDonald. Two of these players must have got a 3-2 split while the other one got a 5-0. 

So, in summary, only three players (Murphy plus two of Petracca, Curnow and Tom McDonald) scored votes from both coaches.

Amazing how differently the coaches saw it. Does anyone know if this is common for Bolton and Carlton to give votes out of whack with the other coach?

Their club doctor sees things differently.

• Like 1

On 7/11/2017 at 9:26 AM, La Dee-vina Comedia said:

You are correct.

Goodwin was effusive about Oliver in his presser, so I'd be amazed if he didn't give Oliver the 4.

Either coach would find it hard to ignore Tom McDonald's 4 goals, so my other guess would be Petracca getting 5 from Bolton. 

Edited by ProDee
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, La Dee-vina Comedia said:

You are correct.

Strange stuff this week for sure.

In the scenario where Goodwin gave Oliver 4 votes, that means he gave Murphy BOG as Bolton is the only one who can give Murphy 4 votes. That leaves Bolton thinking one of T Mac, Petracca or Curnow was BOG and the other coach allocating no votes to that player.

Surely Goodwin gave T Mac votes. In the above scenario I'd safely rule him out. Petracca is a curious choice but Curnow even moreso. It seems very much a Bolton type move giving out an "encouragement award", so it's certainly possible, but would be the oddest choice of all. 2 goals and 19 possessions isn't usually a BOG performance. But would Bolton have really given Petracca BOG? I doubt it. So in this scenario all three seem unlikely, although Curnow is possible as Bolton is a bit of an oddball.

In the scenario where Bolton gave Oliver 4 votes and Goodwin gave him zero (also strange), that means it's likely Goodwin thought either T Mac or Petracca was BOG and Bolton gave them zero. Both odd for different reasons. Odd if Bolton gave T Mac no votes, and slightly odd if Goodwin thought Trac was BOG.

Jetta getting 1 vote is a shocker and Frost was also very stiff.

Very strange votes all round. Usually not that difficult to figure out where the votes went but not so this week.

Edited by P-man
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, P-man said:

In the scenario where Goodwin gave Oliver 4 votes, that means he gave Murphy BOG as Bolton is the only one who can give Murphy 4 votes. That leaves Bolton thinking one of T Mac, Petracca or Curnow was BOG and the other coach allocating no votes to that player.

Surely Goodwin gave T Mac votes. In the above scenario I'd safely rule him out. Petracca is a curious choice but Curnow even moreso. It seems very much a Bolton type move giving out an "encouragement award", so it's certainly possible, but would be the oddest choice of all. 2 goals and 19 possessions isn't usually a BOG performance. But would Bolton have really given Petracca BOG? I doubt it. So in this scenario all three seem unlikely, although Curnow is possible as Bolton is a bit of an oddball.

In the scenario where Bolton gave Oliver 4 votes and Goodwin gave him zero (also strange), that means it's likely Goodwin thought either T Mac or Petracca was BOG and Bolton gave them zero. Both odd for different reasons. Odd if Bolton gave T Mac no votes, and slightly odd if Goodwin thought Trac was BOG.

Very strange votes all round. Usually not that difficult to figure out where the votes went but not so this week.

Just wait until Gil read's out who the umpires gave the 3-2-1 to on Brownlow... that'll be strange stuff indeed!

49 minutes ago, P-man said:

Petracca's numbers were good and opposition coaches and commentators are enamoured with him so its possible...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, La Dee-vina Comedia said:

You are correct.

and it wasn't tmac

tmac and oliver surprisingly only got votes from 1 coach

Edited by daisycutter

2 hours ago, jnrmac said:
  B G
Murphy 5 4
Tmac   5
Curnow 3 2
Petracca 2 3
Oliver 4  
Kruezer 1  
Jetta   1
  My guess is this. No other makes sense

I just find it unlikely that one of the coaches ignored TMac's performance altogether - he was clearly the standout key forward on the day.

I think I prefer ProDee's breakdown although I'd like to see it spelled out (as you have) to make sure it adds up - too lazy to do it myself though.

10 minutes ago, Nasher said:

I just find it unlikely that one of the coaches ignored TMac's performance altogether - he was clearly the standout key forward on the day.

I think I prefer ProDee's breakdown although I'd like to see it spelled out (as you have) to make sure it adds up - too lazy to do it myself though.

Bolton

5. Murphy

4. Oliver

3. Curnow

2. McDonald

1. Kreuzer

Goodwin

5. Petracca

4. Murphy

3. McDonald

2. Curnow

1. Jetta

Maybe the most likely. Oddest thing about it is Goodwin giving Clarry donuts,

7 minutes ago, P-man said:

Bolton

5. Murphy

4. Oliver

3. Curnow

2. McDonald

1. Kreuzer

Goodwin

5. Petracca

4. Murphy

3. McDonald

2. Curnow

1. Jetta

Maybe the most likely. Oddest thing about it is Goodwin giving Clarry donuts,

You could fix that by simply switching "Bolton" and "Goodwin".

Though if you do that, I'd suggest swapping Jetta and Kreuzer as well.

1 minute ago, La Dee-vina Comedia said:

You could fix that by simply switching "Bolton" and "Goodwin".

Though if you do that, I'd suggest swapping Jetta and Kreuzer as well.

Yeah except I don't see Bolton giving Petracca BOG. It's possible I guess,

I've invested way too much time into this today :wacko:

• Like 1

Jockey        Goody

Petracca        5                  -

Murphy          4                  5  

Oliver             -                  4

TMac             2                  3

Curnow         3                  2

Kreuzer         1

Jetta                                  1

• Like 2