Jayden Hunt

Six6Six

I was one who was very happy when he was not delisted in 2015, he only played a few games for Casey,  but the few he did play he showed his speed and knew where the goal were,  I think he showed enough, it just shows how many posters know  nothing about football but pretend to be experts. 

Players with his speed must always be given a good run, and the first 2 years of a player does not always show how good they will became.

Edited by don't make me angry
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, don't make me angry said:

I was one who was very happy when he was not delisted in 2015, he only played a few games for Casey,  but the few he did play he showed his speed and knew where the goal were,  I think he showed enough, it just shows how many posters know  nothing about football but pretend to be experts. 

Players with his speed must always be given a good run, and the first 2 years of a player does not always show how good they will became.

As I partially addressed in a previous post, Hunt was a "logical" choice for some people, myself included, to be delisted after his first contract.  He hadn't played a game of senior footy in 2 years, and was plagued by injury.  For someone like me, I was living in Queensland so didn't have the opportunity to watch any of his games at Casey.  But, when it comes end of season and list changes are made, he was an option in my limited view.  It's not about knowing nothing about football and thinking I'm an expert, it's looking at the minimal facts I have on hand (i.e. exposure of players that haven't played a senior game) and then voicing my views on a supporters forum.  Because of this, there is no doubt some we/ get wrong, and there's some that I get right.  FWIW, I made the call about Max King being extremely limited about 3 years ago after seeing one training session at Maroochydore.  

Out of curiosity, DMMA, of the 2017 list, which 3 players do you think will be delisted at the end of the season?

I'm not DMMA, but my guess is JKH, Trenners (please prove me wrong) and Garland.

Back in 2013 Hunt was described as being an Isaac Smith or Stephen Hill type but had an "awful long way to go to have those dreams realised." I think the comparison isn't too far off the mark, not such an awfully long to way go now though. 

Edited by Ethan Tremblay

21 minutes ago, Ethan Tremblay said:

I'm not DMMA, but my guess is JKH, Trenners (please prove me wrong) and Garland.

Back in 2013 Hunt was described as being an Isaac Smith or Stephen Hill type but had an "awful long way to go to have those dreams realised." I think the comparison isn't too far off the mark, not such an awfully long to way go now though. 

JKH will not be delisted, as I have said a few times on here, that the FD have a high opinion of him.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, billy2803 said:

As I partially addressed in a previous post, Hunt was a "logical" choice for some people, myself included, to be delisted after his first contract.  He hadn't played a game of senior footy in 2 years, and was plagued by injury.  For someone like me, I was living in Queensland so didn't have the opportunity to watch any of his games at Casey.  But, when it comes end of season and list changes are made, he was an option in my limited view.  It's not about knowing nothing about football and thinking I'm an expert, it's looking at the minimal facts I have on hand (i.e. exposure of players that haven't played a senior game) and then voicing my views on a supporters forum.  Because of this, there is no doubt some we/ get wrong, and there's some that I get right.  FWIW, I made the call about Max King being extremely limited about 3 years ago after seeing one training session at Maroochydore.  

Out of curiosity, DMMA, of the 2017 list, which 3 players do you think will be delisted at the end of the season?

To be honest, I was probably wrong on Max King, thinking that more time would see him really improve. He didn't.

31 minutes ago, Ethan Tremblay said:

I know you were responding to a question about three players being delisted, but to get the three vacant slots required by AFL rules, list changes can occur without delisting via trades and retirements. For example, I wouldn't be at all surprised if Vince retired at the end of this season. I'm not hoping for it, but if his 2017 is anything like the last half of 2016, it will look a lot like age has caught up with him. Lumumba's retirement will also free up a spot.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Redleg said:

JKH will not be delisted, as I have said a few times on here, that the FD have a high opinion of him.

Opinions can change quickly in the AFL red. If he's injury free this year and struggles to impact he may be doubtful in 2018

1 hour ago, billy2803 said:

We will never know about Max king, but with ruckman there are not a lot of spots, we had 4 ruckman on the list, also that was a easy call to make on king he did not show any point of difference where hunt showed a point of difference with his speed, way to early to make calls on dislisting at end of season.

1 hour ago, La Dee-vina Comedia said:

I know you were responding to a question about three players being delisted, but to get the three vacant slots required by AFL rules, list changes can occur without delisting via trades and retirements. For example, I wouldn't be at all surprised if Vince retired at the end of this season. I'm not hoping for it, but if his 2017 is anything like the last half of 2016, it will look a lot like age has caught up with him. Lumumba's retirement will also free up a spot.

I too thought there could be a chance Vince could retire, depends how close we run to finals.... Lumumba is another spot I had forgotten about, but I reckon Pederson, Trenners and Garland will need everything to go right before getting offered a contract for 2018. 

Just now, don't make me angry said:

We will never know about Max king, but with ruckman there are not a lot of spots, we had 4 ruckman on the list, also that was a easy call to make on king he did not show any point of difference where hunt showed a point of difference with his speed, way to early to make calls on dislisting at end of season.

I'll give you the mail about Max King - he won't make it, ever.  The fact that you are even slightly defending him indicates that you obviously rated him higher than his worth.  And the "not a lot of spots" you speak of, especially having 4 ruckman on the list, one of those spots was immediately re-filled with a ruckman when King was delisted.  Plus, King's point of difference was he was a big man that could play forward, mark strong and kick well - something that clubs think is "cool" at the moment.

You're point about it being too early to make delisting calls in an indirect way proves my point.  Even up to the point of list lodgements, we don't really know who is coming or going.  In the final year of his contract, I had Hunt delisted, but obviously he was re-signed.  This year, I would imagine JKH is playing for his career (I do think he has "something"), but as Red said, the FD rate him, while a large number of posters don't.  I also rate ANB, and am confident he will do enough to get a new contract, but again, a lot of posters don't.  One thing that is consistent is that it's all guess work from an outsiders perspective, and we're all going to get some wrong some years, and we're also going to get some right.

I find it ridiculous that because I made the wrong call about Hunt means that I'm a poster that knows nothing about football that pretends to be an expert.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, billy2803 said:

Thanks Billy, this summarizes my position too. My position was always "will probably be delisted", but @Redleg and others consistent portrayal of that as "want him delisted" is a sore point.

14 minutes ago, Nasher said:

Thanks Billy, this summarizes my position too. My position was always "will probably be delisted", but @Redleg and others consistent portrayal of that as "want him delisted" is a sore point.

Bit unfair on me Nasher. My criticism was on those who rubbished Jayden and actively wanted him out, not those who suggested he might be delisted.  

2 minutes ago, Redleg said:

Bit unfair on me Nasher. My criticism was on those who rubbished Jayden and actively wanted him out, not those who suggested he might be delisted.  

Apologies if I'm being unfair. I just remember you specifically quoting me at the time as "wanting him delisted" in the list management threads, and I felt you were misrepresenting my position then, and since I still see posts from you claiming others "wanting him delisted", I see this as a continuation of it. Perhaps I just need to let it go.

1 hour ago, Redleg said:

Fun reading here:

5 hours ago, Ethan Tremblay said:

I doubt JKH will be one of the three, particularly based on what I've seen at the first 3 sessions for the year. ANB is likely to be in the firing line before him.

23 hours ago, Ethan Tremblay said:

He will be better then both Smith and hill, he plays more like Dangerfield 

On 07/01/2017 at 8:13 AM, CBDees said:

Maybe our three recruits from Brighton Grammar are going to play a big part in our fortunes this year? Thank you Robert Shaw for Hunt, Salem and Watts! 

Maybe they could have a quiet word with  Josh Kelly to join them!

Edited by Dee Dee
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Dee Dee said:

Maybe they could have a quiet word with  Josh Kelly to join them!

Well we did forego him in favour of Tyson and Salem. Maybe when he comes out of contract? ?