FA & Trade Whispers

Dee-licious

Just now, Abe said:

Gold coast are rightly arguing that if you rate a guy as being worth 750 k for 5 years you see him as a genuine A grader so pick 6 outright is a fair price, Tigers are weak so they will blink and give up pick 6

Love the new Avatar Abe.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Seraph said:

I'll give naming the team a go.

B: Hibberd TMac Jetta

HB: Vince OMac Hunt

C: Stretch Jones Salem

HF: Petracca Hogan Watts

F: Garlett Pedo/Weed Kent

R: Gawn Viney Lewis

I: Brayshaw Tyson Frost Melksham

Oliver unlucky but we have plenty of depth with our mids. 

Harmes, Vanders, Bugg, Kennedy and Wagner would be battling it out to make up the next 5. Depends on positions required of course. 

Very similar to what I thought  I added VDB Oliver and Pederson(you put him with Weed)  I left out Stretch Brayshaw and Salem.  Not much in it.  People will have to perform to keep a spot.

2 hours ago, DemonLad5 said:

Why do I keep hearing we are into Tippet? I DON'T WANT HIM!!

Also still hearing this. A Geelong mate told me in the last hour. Third time I have been given this info.

3 minutes ago, Skuit said:

What could possibly be holding up the Dunn trade? Token late-round swap shouldn't be too hard to sort out. Unless there's more to it?

Having to deal with Hawthorn, Essendon & Collingwood in the one trade period should be outlawed under the Geneva Convention.

• Like 9

The NAB Trade Radio round up has the Demons in the limelight:-

• Jordan Lewis says Jesse Hogan re-signing at the Demons was a key factor in him joining the club. Lewis today joined the Demons on a three-year deal.

• Pearce Hanley will be a Gold Coast Suns player next season after complicated three-way trade involving Brisbane and Port Adelaide saw him leave the Lions.

• Melbourne defender Lynden Dunn could be playing at the Pies next season with reports today he would officially request a trade to Collingwood.

• Sydney ruckman Toby Nankervis has today officially requested a trade to the Tigers.

• Western Bulldogs defender Joel Hamling is officially a Fremantle player after the two clubs agreed on a trade today.

DONE DEALS SO FAR:

Tyrone Vickery moves from Richmond to Hawthorn as a restricted free agent
Daniel Wells moves from North Melbourne to Collingwood as an unrestricted free agent
Cam McCarthy, pick 7, 34 and 72 move from GWS to Fremantle in exchange for pick 3.
Chris Mayne moves from Fremantle to Collingwood as an unrestricted free agent
Brad Hill traded from Hawthorn to Fremantle in exchange for pick 23
Pick 3 and 16 traded from GWS to Brisbane in exchange for picks 2, 31, 51 and 60.
Jack Steele moves from GWS to St Kilda in exchange for their 2017 future round two pick
Sam Mitchell, pick 54 and 72 traded from Hawthorn to West Coast in exchange for pick 52, 70 and 88.
Tom Mitchell and pick 57 traded from Sydney to Hawthorn in exchange for pick 14 and 52
Pick 10 and 68 traded from St Kilda to Hawthorn in exchange for Hawthorn's 2017 future first pick, and this year's picks 23 and 36
Paul Ahern traded from GWS to North Melbourne for pick 69
Nathan Brown moves from Collingwood to St Kilda as a restricted free agent.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Skuit said:

What could possibly be holding up the Dunn trade? Token late-round swap shouldn't be too hard to sort out. Unless there's more to it?

I think it is all fresh, contracts etc need to be put together, probably tomorrow.

3 hours ago, DemonLad5 said:

Why do I keep hearing we are into Tippet? I DON'T WANT HIM!!

1 hour ago, Clintosaurus said:

Also still hearing this. A Geelong mate told me in the last hour. Third time I have been given this info.

Don't like it at all.  His best is good but lacks something called consistency.

I cant find where but someone somewhere mentioned, once only that I saw, that Westhoff could be in play.  Has anyone else heard this one?

1 minute ago, monoccular said:

I cant find where but someone somewhere mentioned, once only that I saw, that Westhoff could be in play.  Has anyone else heard this one?

no wtf

42 minutes ago, monoccular said:

The Riddler?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Earl Hood said:

The Riddler?

I have been wracking my brain all afternoon as to how Westhoff would fit into the riddle.....and failed 

Riddler has his own thread eh...

I feel that Tippett and Westhoff go against the grain of consistency and competitiveness...let's not buy into the 'new environment' story.

Edited by Danelska

14 minutes ago, Forest Demon said:

Personally, I would love Tippett. Fills a big hole in our side.

People forget he was having a very good year until he got injured and missed a big chunk of the second half of the season.

Solid player but the cost isn't worth it for us at this stage. Both in terms of his contract and cost at the trade table.

1 hour ago, chook fowler said:

Something seems seriously amiss at the Swans - they are losing players left, right and centre. Has a Horse lost his touch? Whatever the reason I'm loving it.

I heard he and Hannebery had fisty cuffs on Grand Final day. Mitchell was already off before then and now it's simply trying to get Tippett off their books to lessen the squeeze on their cap and return to some sort of team harmony.

• Like 1

On another note, what is Robbo doing over at the Herald Sun with this:-

Bombers preparing O'Meara mega trade

"Essendon is plotting to undermine Hawthorn's pursuit of midfielder Jaeger O'Meara by offering Gold Coast a mega pick deal."

Really? O'Meara has nominated Hawthorn as his preferred destination. The Hawks are said to be close to reaching a deal with the Suns even if it's done through mediation. 

The article smacks of cheerleading by an Essendon supporter who happens to be the chief football writer at the newspaper. Strange indeed.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Forest Demon said:

Personally, I would love Tippett. Fills a big hole in our side.

People forget he was having a very good year until he got injured and missed a big chunk of the second half of the season.

I'm not so sure. I think just being within 10 metres of Viney might give Tippett concussion. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Elwood 3184 said:DONE DEALS SO FAR:

Done deals so far:

Tyrone Vickery moves from Richmond to Hawthorn as a restricted free agent
Daniel Wells moves from North Melbourne to Collingwood as an unrestricted free agent
Cam McCarthy, pick 7, 34 and 72 move from GWS to Fremantle in exchange for pick 3.
Chris Mayne moves from Fremantle to Collingwood as an unrestricted free agent
Brad Hill traded from Hawthorn to Fremantle in exchange for pick 23
Pick 3 and 16 traded from GWS to Brisbane in exchange for picks 2, 31, 51 and 60.
Jack Steele moves from GWS to St Kilda in exchange for their 2017 future round two pick
Sam Mitchell, pick 54 and 72 traded from Hawthorn to West Coast in exchange for pick 52, 70 and 88.
Tom Mitchell and pick 57 traded from Sydney to Hawthorn in exchange for pick 14 and 52
Pick 10 and 68 traded from St Kilda to Hawthorn in exchange for Hawthorn's 2017 future first pick, and this year's picks 23 and 36
Paul Ahern traded from GWS to North Melbourne for pick 69
Nathan Brown moves from Collingwood to St Kilda as a restricted free agent.

I think you might be missing one from your post :cool:

• Like 1

Some interesting comments on some high profile yet to be finished deals:  http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/afl-trades-2016-tigers-poised-to-land-dion-prestia-20161018-gs51ll.html

"Negotiations between the Hawks and Suns have been tense throughout the trade period, with Hawthorn now insisting pick 10 is their final offer for O'Meara.  The clubs could go into mediation on Wednesday in an effort to break the deadlock".

Under the deal, Richmond would give the Suns their first pick, as well a future second-round pick...The Tigers would gain Prestia as well as a second-round selection this year, strengthening their position in the coming draft.  So Richmond will end up parting with pick #6!!

I really like that GCS are playing hardball and not get unders for their elite players.  On a smaller scale we did the same with Lewis and seemingly with Hibberd.  Its good that the so called 'power clubs' are not getting away with using their might to crap on smaller clubs. 

• Like 2