FA & Trade Whispers

Dee-licious

7 minutes ago, Wiseblood said:

If this rumour turns out to be true, and I'm skeptical about it at the moment, it seems to be an odd move from an Eagles perspective.  He might have had an inconsistent season, but Kennedy is approaching 30 and they don't have a great deal else in terms of key forwards coming through the ranks.

Obviously this rumour would also make some Dees fans nervous, as the Eagles being willing to entertain trade offers for Darling might suggest they believe they are in the box seat to lure Hogan west.

So am I, but after Franklin and Tom Boyd nothing would surprise me any more, I would forget Lamb and make a play for Darling if rumours are correct

2 minutes ago, AngryAtCasey said:

They may be looking to beat Freo to the punch with Cam McCarthy?

Rory Lobb is getting talked about a lot.

Aaron Black from North on the move?

Mason Shaw had a good year in the WAFL,

There could be a few other options that they may also be looking at and after Darling's last two finals, I'm not surprised they're looking to move him on.

All fair points there AAC.  I hadn't put a great deal of thought into it, and obviously missed a number of players that they could also pursue that aren't named 'Hogan'.

2 minutes ago, Satyriconhome said:

So am I, but after Franklin and Tom Boyd nothing would surprise me any more, I would forget Lamb and make a play for Darling if rumours are correct

I'd certainly take a look at him, but I'm not sure if we could come up with a trade that the Eagles would find satisfactory.

Just now, Satyriconhome said:

Er....Hogan if he decides to go.....for Darling and Lamb and a pick?

Well of course, if Hogan decided to go, then I'd certainly look at Darling and their first round pick.  I'd even try and see if we could squeeze someone better than Lamb out of them to go with the deal as well.

Lots of water to go under the bridge yet and, as AAC pointed out, there are plenty of KPP's that may want to head home to Perth during this off season.

7 minutes ago, Satyriconhome said:

Er....Hogan if he decides to go.....for Darling and Lamb and a pick? or whatever is a good deal for us

WC have pick 12. So it would be Hogan for pick 12 + Darling and Lamb.

I still think thats unders for Hogan. Call me stubbon but id have McGovern instead of Darling.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dazzledavey36 said:

I still think thats unders for Hogan. Call me stubbon but id have McGovern instead of Darling.

I'd have McGovern, Darling, Kennedy, Gaff, Shuey et al.........my personal favourite would be to see Luke Parker, after he picks up his Premiership medal next weekend, that he fancies a change and would like a trade to Melbourne........and then I wake up unfortunately

• Like 1

Surely Rory Lobb wouldn't entertain leaving the Giants after missing out on a GF berth by a solitary goal?

He's had a great year there.

7 minutes ago, dazzledavey36 said:

Definitely...

It might also be why the Eagles would move Darling. McGovern is a natural at CHF...

13 minutes ago, McQueen said:

Surely Rory Lobb wouldn't entertain leaving the Giants after missing out on a GF berth by a solitary goal?

He's had a great year there.

This is the problem I have with managers these days, starting to go the way of European soccer, the player might not consider it but a manager might have his ear bent and he only sees the dollar signs, and convinces the player,  no manager becomes a manager for altruistic reasons

38 minutes ago, olisik said:

Duggan , McGovern and Pick 12 for Hogan. No less

McGovern WILL NOT BE LEAVING WCE.

THIS IS NOT THE [censored] HOGAN thread.

Carry on...

• Like 3

Apparently he responds very well to a roasting.

• Like 5

26 minutes ago, Satyriconhome said:

I need to be a ruminant over the way this thread is going

Plenty of cud to chew over yet

3 hours ago, AngryAtCasey said:

They may be looking to beat Freo to the punch with Cam McCarthy?

Rory Lobb is getting talked about a lot.

Aaron Black from North on the move?

Mason Shaw had a good year in the WAFL,

There could be a few other options that they may also be looking at and after Darling's last two finals, I'm not surprised they're looking to move him on.

Cam Macarthy has 72% goal kicking accuracy in his 2015 season (36g14b). I'd definitely make a play for him if I were WCE.

Edited by DominatrixTyson