• Demonland Interviews

Dee-licious

FA & Trade Whispers

15 hours ago, Dante said:

He shanks most of his kicks.

Unlike all of you, I have some genuine intell on Tom Lamb. I'm just not ready to shear it yet.

Edited by Return to Glory
  • Like 7

9 minutes ago, ManDee said:

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/drew-petrie-keen-to-play-at-west-coast-in-2017-20160928-grq6l9.html

Released North Melbourne veteran Drew Petrie has confirmed his interest in a move to West Coast, but he doesn't expect to know his future for another few weeks.

Edit:- Looks like lots of forwards going west. Like Shane Kersten, I wonder if Mitch Clark will finally go home too.

Mitch clark is finished.

8 minutes ago, Return to Glory said:

Unlike all of you, I have some genuine intell on Tom Lamb. I'm just not ready to shear it yet.

Well I heard they wanted to play him in the ruck because he was a bit of a jumper.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Return to Glory said:

heard he's not much chop but i don't want to lambast him, but if we can fleece methcoast i'm all for it

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, ManDee said:

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/drew-petrie-keen-to-play-at-west-coast-in-2017-20160928-grq6l9.html

Released North Melbourne veteran Drew Petrie has confirmed his interest in a move to West Coast, but he doesn't expect to know his future for another few weeks.

Edit:- Looks like lots of forwards going west. Like Shane Kersten, I wonder if Mitch Clark will finally go home too.

To burn another club? Surely the penny has dropped now about him

Edited by chook fowler

1 minute ago, RalphiusMaximus said:

He's the type we need, but maybe not the player we need.

Spot on.  I'd prefer Brent Harvey, and I can't stand Brent Harvey.

4 hours ago, rjay said:

Only one good player in the Cats lot, didn't get them to a GF and now they have to make the hard call and go for a mini rebuild. House of cards built on an old list.

...and the Hawks. O'Meara, who knows if he will come up, Mitchell not good enough to cover for his namesake when the inevitable comes. Vickery??? what a great catch he will be.

Agreed.

The club knows we have genuine talent already on the list and is once expecting to mainly build through the draft.  We have an exciting group on a journey together within the same age bracket.  Hibberd and Melksham will help the age profile.

I think the list is in far better shape than some supporters envisage.

• Like 9

18 minutes ago, RalphiusMaximus said:

He interests me.  I know he's inconsistent, but he's the right age with 112 games under his belt.

Can be an absolute match-winner on his day and kicked 44 goals one year and 38 this year.

He's just the outside class we need.

• Like 9

19 minutes ago, RalphiusMaximus said:

Right on the money.

A new and fresh surrounding might reinvigorate Motlop, but I certainly wouldn't want us to pay overs for him.

1 minute ago, Demon Jack said:

Right on the money.

A new and fresh surrounding might reinvigorate Motlop, but I certainly wouldn't want us to pay overs for him.

It certainly did that for Jeffy, then we made the mistake of extending his contract and he fell apart, pity we couldn't extend his contract on a weekly basis.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dante said:

It certainly did that for Jeffy, then we made the mistake of extending his contract and he fell apart, pity we couldn't extend his contract on a weekly 

5 minutes ago, Dante said:

It certainly did that for Jeffy, then we made the mistake of extending his contract and he fell apart, pity we couldn't extend his contract on a weekly basis.

Would like to elaborate how Jeffy fell apart?.

4 minutes ago, jeck wartz said:

I think the outside mids we need are already on the list we just need to develop them. 

Hunt

Harmes

JKH

Salem 

Stretch 

Hunt - I like him off half-back and don't want to move him.  I suspect he plays better behind the ball and I want him to develop into our Johannisen.

Harmes - Needs to improve his footskills to ever be a damaging outside player.  

JKH - I quite like him, but the jury is well and truly out.  You don't not draft a player because Kennedy-Harris is on your list.

Salem - No outside speed.  Salem will be a gun and has arguably the most class on the list, but I don't see a line-breaking outside role, which is what we need.

Stretch - Billy boy is the closest thing we have to outside class and I like him, but his pace is good without being express.  We can do with more outside class than just Stretch.

Melksham - Should provide some of what we lack, but is still a little unknown after a year out.

• Like 12

9 minutes ago, jeck wartz said:

I think the outside mids we need are already on the list we just need to develop them. 

Hunt

Harmes

JKH

Salem 

Stretch 

Someone older and more experienced in that position is what we need. Motlop may well be it, but I think Geelong's asking price will be too high.

10 minutes ago, Satyriconhome said:

Would like to elaborate how Jeffy fell apart?.

Didn't you go to any games in the last half of the year?

I would have thought it was obvious, even to you, that his form disintegrated after he signed his contract extension.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Satyriconhome said:

Not saying he did, but his averages for the last nine games after he signed were:

10 possessions

1.3 goals

1.7 marks

3.2 tackles

Rumour on Bigfooty (so taken with the appropriate pinch of salt) that we are into Tom Cutler at Brisbane. 

• Like 2

You are kidding me right? He had an average finals this year but Motlop is a gun and wins games off his own foot.

If he is available, he is worth the 1st round pick it will cost.

15 minutes ago, ProDee said:

Hunt - I like him off half-back and don't want to move him.  I suspect he plays better behind the ball and I want him to develop into our Johannisen.

Harmes - Needs to improve his footskills to ever be a damaging outside player.  

JKH - I quite like him, but the jury is well and truly out.  You don't not draft a player because Kennedy-Harris is on your list.

Salem - No outside speed.  Salem will be a gun and has arguably the most class on the list, but I don't see a line-breaking outside role, which is what we need.

Stretch - Billy boy is the closest thing we have to outside class and I like him, but his pace is good without being express.  We can do with more outside class than just Stretch.

Melksham - Should provide some of what we lack, but is still a little unknown after a year out.

Agree with all of this, although those who think that Melksham is quick might be sadly mistaken.  He's not slow but he's not a line breaker either.  

1 hour ago, Luther said:

Someone older and more experienced in that position is what we need. Motlop may well be it, but I think Geelong's asking price will be too high.

That's it, comes down to asking price and no more than a two year contract.

1 hour ago, Dante said:

Didn't you go to any games in the last half of the year?

I would have thought it was obvious, even to you, that his form disintegrated after he signed his contract extension.

It had nothing to do with the contract extension, I had a talk to him about it

Some of the forward entries in some of the end of season games left a lot to be desired, and he was asked to perform a couple of different roles,

It is laughable to say the least that you are suggesting he conned the FD to get an extended contract

1 hour ago, P-man said:

Rumour on Bigfooty (so taken with the appropriate pinch of salt) that we are into Tom Cutler at Brisbane. 

Good size, averaged 18 disposals this year. Only 21.