• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

WELCOME TO THE MELBOURNE FOOTBALL CLUB - MICHAEL HIBBERD

KC from Casey

4 minutes ago, Fifty-5 said:

Grimes is a Restricted Free Agent - it amazes me how posters continue to bring up trades involving him.  He is free to go to any club he wants to and we would need to match the contract to force a trade.  This is not going to happen.

As the poster did not state a trade, they may have meant a 4th round as compensation, so it is is probably worth mentioning that 4th rounders are not available as compensation for free agents.

Edited by Watts the matter

On 8/23/2016 at 6:11 PM, biggestred said:

Offer pick 945 for hibberd.

If they dont like it, threaten to take it to court.

If they dont like that, take them to court.

Last thing they'll want is a very public reminder about what they did given all the positive press they have somehow been given recently, i reckon they should take pick 27 and run to be honest.

This is all posturing and show biz. 

Pick 27 is exactly what Hibberd is worth.

The alternative is a player swap and it won't be any of our young guns. It would be like for like - a player worth around Pick 27 anyway. Someone around Hibberd's vintage and ability. 

They would probably get a Jack Grimes type (yes, I know he's a free agent).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Abe said:

Last thing they'll want is a very public reminder about what they did given all the positive press they have somehow been given recently, i reckon they should take pick 27 and run to be honest.

53 minutes ago, Whispering_Jack said:

This is all posturing and show biz. 

Pick 27 is exactly what Hibberd is worth.

The alternative is a player swap and it won't be any of our young guns. It would be like for like - a player worth around Pick 27 anyway. Someone around Hibberd's vintage and ability. 

They would probably get a Jack Grimes type (yes, I know he's a free agent).

If we give them anything better than pick 27 I will spew.

7 hours ago, Petraccattack said:

We should be showing Essendope zero respect.

Offer them our third rounder, or try get him to walk as a delisted free agent.

If Essendrug try to play hard ball, then drop interest altogether. We will get by just fine without Hibberd.

Third rounder be buggered! Paul Connors is an " Astute" player manager. If he has done his homework he would have sussed out that in view of Essendrugs Zero Duty of care and flagrant flaunting of rules, means that any player suspended has an excellent case to put before the league if not the Courts for Unsafe workplace and as result suspension which has then provided player and manager with a "Free agent" clause. I would think that the AFL being heartily embarrased by their inept handling of the issue from the start, would not want a player manager threatening court action to free his client from an unprofessional and unsafe workplace.

SOOOOO WINNER WINNER WINNER!!!

We get him FOC ( Free of Charge) 

Ah, just the way Fence likes it!

Edited by picket fence
  • Like 3

Running with the bulls has got to be one of the stupidest past times I have ever seen humanity engage in.

However,

I will rely on Simon Goodwin here.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, worldwideweb_demon said:

Hi first time post here!

Our record with ex Bombers doesn't seem too flash. Thinking Chris Heffernan, Gary Moorcroft, and now Jake who hasn't been allowed to play for a whole year!

I hope we don't trade big here.

I loved Heffernan when he played for us, he was a very servicable player

• Like 2

5 hours ago, The Sailing Demon said:

I loved Heffernan when he played for us, he was a very servicable player

Heffernan was bog average when he played for us. Get your memory serviced......

• Like 9

9 hours ago, worldwideweb_demon said:

Hi first time post here!

Our record with ex Bombers doesn't seem too flash. Thinking Chris Heffernan, Gary Moorcroft, and now Jake who hasn't been allowed to play for a whole year!

I hope we don't trade big here.

Hibberd is a much more talented player than any of those guys. He will slot in nicely, into an area of the ground where we could certainly use an injection of the type of skills he will bring.

17 hours ago, A F said:

You're probably right by insinuating we wouldn't be looking at Essendon players if we didn't have Goodwin, but the fact remains that we are. Why is this? Because Goodwin knows them intimately and understands what they will bring to his team in 2017 and beyond.

Well I hope he is a good judge of quality AF would hate to see two busts.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, faultydet said:

Hibberd is a much more talented player than any of those guys. He will slot in nicely, into an area of the ground where we could certainly use an injection of the type of skills he will bring.

Well I guess he is used to injecting. But remember he has been out for 12 months could make a big difference

Just now, jackaub said:

Well I guess he is used to injecting. But remember he has been out for 12 months could make a big difference

That's the obvious issue, but I'm still confident he will be a better player than the others mentioned in that post.

11 hours ago, picket fence said:

Third rounder be buggered! Paul Connors is an " Astute" player manager. If he has done his homework he would have sussed out that in view of Essendrugs Zero Duty of care and flagrant flaunting of rules, means that any player suspended has an excellent case to put before the league if not the Courts for Unsafe workplace and as result suspension which has then provided player and manager with a "Free agent" clause. I would think that the AFL being heartily embarrased by their inept handling of the issue from the start, would not want a player manager threatening court action to free his client from an unprofessional and unsafe workplace.

SOOOOO WINNER WINNER WINNER!!!

We get him FOC ( Free of Charge) 

Ah, just the way Fence likes it!

This is a commendably lucid post

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, faultydet said:

Didn't think he was that good.

Pure Squib.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, faultydet said:

Lol he was ordinary wasn't he.. Came in as a bargain recruit after a impressive career at Essendon only to spud it up with us.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, dazzledavey36 said:

Lol he was ordinary wasn't he.. Came in as a bargain recruit after a impressive career at Essendon only to spud it up with us.

Essendon offloaded him to us so that we could pay his super payment. Did nothing whilst here, only fit for retirement.

22 minutes ago, dazzledavey36 said:

I don't even think his essedon career was impressive.

A classic case of a soft outside player being made to look better than he really is, by talented teammates.

That essedon chose to clear out the likes of Heffernan/Blumfield/Caracella around the same time as they started to feel the salary cap squeeze, says enough for me.

Clever trading by the dons.