If we beat Carlton and North lose to Swans I will...

Bleeds_Red_&_Blue

If we win and north loses, I will remind myself that the Geelong game will be the most important game for the club in a decade.

I haven't forgotten the Geelong belting under Dean Bailey and would love to close the chapter on a dark era by winning the Geelong game and sneaking into the finals. North have to drop their bundle, but it's possible they might just do that!

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Colin B. Flaubert said:

Wonder why the Dees always come good when I'm out of the bloody country!

Don't have an answer for this but could you stay out of the country till  2nd October. 

• Like 9

34 minutes ago, Colin B. Flaubert said:

Wonder why the Dees always come good when I'm out of the bloody country!

Dunno. So where you going to go for next season ? :P

Just now, beelzebub said:

Dunno. So where you going to go for next season ? :P

Hoping to convince the lovely wife that we should move back to Australia in 2017. 
All this uptick in positivity is getting me quite homesick!

17 minutes ago, Mgdee said:

Don't have an answer for this but could you stay out of the country till  2nd October. 

I will be out of the country until then. I will be in Japan until early 2017. So all augurs well!

3 hours ago, praha said:

Not going to lie, it pisses me off that we have to travel to Geelong AGAIN. 

Since 1990, we've played them there 19 times (compared to 18 at the MCG, 1 at Optus Oval).

Does any other Melbourne team have to travel there as often as Melbourne does?

No real issues about this one, it's their home game, their home ground - that's where we will play them.

Just don't start me on why we should play the Saints or the dogs at their home ground for our home games.  That is what really sux with AFL fixturing.

• Like 3

If us and Sydney win next week, I'll be thankful that the last game of the season means something more than a dead rubber. ...at least we won't be accused of tanking this year!!

Someone needs to get the commentators at Fox Footy (or was it Channel 7) some maths tuition.  During the pre match of the Hawthorn game (you know when they were suppose to be building up the game) one of them stated unchallenged that the highest Melbourne could finish was 9th.

Edited by Rodney (Balls) Grinter
auto correct stuffup
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Bring-Back-Powell said:

Because Carlton, Collingwood, Essendon, Hawthorn, Richmond and lately North are exempt from playing there, so us and the Bulldogs have to pick up the slack every year.

I read somewhere that Geelong want an additional home game in Geelong next year (i.e. 9 of their 11).

That's an extra Victorian club going down there, if it happens.

It's time the AFL sucked it up and sent Essendon, Carlton, Collingwood and/or Richmond down there. Hopefully this end-of-season form translates into a reprieve at the fixturing table for us.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Rodney (Balls) Grinter said:

No real issues about this one, it's their home game, their home ground - that's where we will play them.

Just don't start me on why we should play the Saints or the dogs at their home ground for our home games.  That is what really sux with AFL fixturing.

I get that it's their home ground, but I don't see why Melbourne is always fixtured there while other Melbourne clubs aren't. It's not classified as a "Melbourne" game so why do the Cats play home games again Collingwood, Hawthorn, even North at the MCG and Etihad? We constantly have to make the trek there, even when we were a finals team in the 2000s. 

The whole "big clubs, big games" argument is irrelevant because, as you said, it's their home ground, and every team should play away games against Geelong in Geelong, not on neutral territory.

Edited by praha
  • Like 2

Be glued to the TV watching us win against Geelong. 

While still ruing the loss to Essendon ?

7 minutes ago, daisycutter said:

fixed

If we had won all three I would have mentioned finals tickets. ??

Edited by Deevout
  • Like 1

My old Boss is a Nought Supporter

so i will start Tetxing him. 

I have purposely held off so far but they are going down in Freefall

how i hate them. 

Get your own name for your pissy boring club 

Stop using ours

oh has Brad Scott explodeded yet?

Edited by Sir Why You Little
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Demon Disciple said:

Remind myself that we'd still need to knock off the [censored] at Geelong.

9 hours ago, deeflog said:

Nothing we haven't done before....?

During the telecast last night, the brains trust of Dermie and Ricciuto were talking about our finals prospects. Roo said that even if we were to beat Port and Carlton, we'd be coming up against Geelong down there. Dermie points that we did it last year and Roo was legitimately shocked. Doesn't watch much of us then I guess.

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, Chook said:

During the telecast last night, the brains trust of Dermie and Ricciuto were talking about our finals prospects. Roo said that even if we were to beat Port and Carlton, we'd be coming up against Geelong down there. Dermie points that we did it last year and Roo was legitimately shocked. Doesn't watch much of us then I guess.

Hes a Crow Chook....they have a very biased view on footy...VERY !! :rolleyes:

6 minutes ago, beelzebub said:

Hes a Crow Chook....they have a very biased view on footy...VERY !! :rolleyes:

You don't have to tell me that. I have a host of South Australian relatives and spent nearly a year over there in '09 (an experience I'd like never to repeat), during which I don't think I heard a single thing about the MFC.

What's the percentage equation about 4 behind yes??  Will two north losses by about 20 and say we win by 30 b Carlton and 10 v cats be enough to reverse this?  North have a few coming back next 2 weeks apparently. Hopefully they are underdone, they do play well in Hobart though but SYDNEY are hot and want to sew up top 2 next week!  Then gws will have top 4 to play for last round let's hope'! Don't want a situation where gws are locked into a position and can't move so their motivation be less 

• Like 1

No good carping on about the loss to Essendon. They beat us fair and square.

Try looking to the loss against the eagles. That is a game we won over the ground most of the arvo.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Chook said:

The news will be arriving there in approx 6 months.

• Like 1

....getting very excited about Round 23!

5 minutes ago, Sir Why You Little said:

Patience Grasshopper

Let us all direct our energy to smashing Carlscum first. 

With no injuries...

Then worry about the Handbags...

That sounds like bruise-free footy to me though. If there's any team I want to be the opposite of bruise free against, it's Carlton. I think we all know why.