Round 20 - around the grounds

Cards13

6 minutes ago, Wiseblood said:

Gee the Pies stink.  But so do the Tigers.  Which club bites the bullet first and gives their coach the flick?  Neither Dimma or Buckley are going to get them back into finals contention.

Surely Hardwick has to go first. The list at punt road is in dire straights.

With the filth's list, i still reckon things could click for them at some point.

Edited by AngryAtCasey

1 minute ago, The heart beats true said:

Gee, Collingwood are dreadful

:)

Sad to see the pies go under !!!  I feel Eddies pain. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Ethan Tremblay said:

Que the Richmond players carrying on after the final siren as if they've won the grand final.

Or cue the commentators talking them up as if they're back and bound for finals in 2017.  Nothing surer than toss pots like BT salivating over this nothing victory.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Wiseblood said:

Gee the Pies stink.  But so do the Tigers.  Which club bites the bullet first and gives their coach the flick?  Neither Dimma or Buckley are going to get them back into finals contention.

It's just beautiful isn't it

• Like 5

35 minutes ago, AngryAtCasey said:

Surely Hardwick has to go first. The list at punt road is in dire straights.

So help me here Angry. Collingwood have a better list and have won the same number of games as Richmond and yet the coach with lesser tools who has performed as well as those with better tools needs to go. That doesn't make sense to me. 

I agree Richmond's list is poor which makes Hardwicks performance over the last few years very good. I'd be looking at Gale, Richardson, the recruiters and development coaches myself. 

22 minutes ago, Clint Bizkit said:

I wanted Collingwood to win but Richmond winning is better for our ladder position.

It would be better for us if we finished in the bottom 6 for next years draw while still winning some of our last months games. What you want is for both clubs to finish just as strongly as us. We just need to drop the one game, Hawthorn for example. Go Pies! Go Tiges!

Though, Freo might have a resurgence and playing them twice if they return to their top of the ladder form wouldn't be great.

Edited by johndemons

1 hour ago, Sir Why You Little said:

I am only seeing score updates on the AFL website at the KL Airport Hotel. The tiges are Blitzing the Filth. 

This is marvellous stuff!!

From what I've been reading you have been having a magnificent trip WYL! (A bit a jealousy in that) ^_^

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Vogon Poetry said:

So help me here Angry. Collingwood have a better list and have won the same number of games as Richmond and yet the coach with lesser tools who has performed as well as those with better tools needs to go. That doesn't make sense to me. 

I agree Richmond's list is poor which makes Hardwicks performance over the last few years very good. I'd be looking at Gale, Richardson, the recruiters and development coaches myself.

The coach lives and dies by the recruiting and list building of his team. But I agree to an extent. Buckley should go first. He's rubbish. But Hardwick should have gone two years ago.

Edited by AdamFphlebeb

3 hours ago, johndemons said:

It would be better for us if we finished in the bottom 6 for next years draw while still winning some of our last months games. What you want is for both clubs to finish just as strongly as us. We just need to drop the one game, Hawthorn for example. Go Pies! Go Tiges!

Though, Freo might have a resurgence and playing them twice if they return to their top of the ladder form wouldn't be great.

Nah, just want to win as many games as possible and finish as high as we can. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Ricky P said:

Nah, just want to win as many games as possible and finish as high as we can. 

I dont think it makes a difference if Richmond and Collingwood win more than us coming home nor does it benefit us in any way if they lose, I don't know about you, but I don't have any pies/tiges workmate to be competitive with over final ladder possies. All I know is if both teams win more, we can have an easier draw next year in the event that we in all probability lose to hawks/geel. 

If its a choice between Bris, GCS, Carl, Coll, Haw x2 [or] Bris, Coll, Port, Stk, Haw x2. Yeah I think i'll hope rich and coll win all of their games.

Edited by johndemons

1 hour ago, johndemons said:

I dont think it makes a difference if Richmond and Collingwood win more than us coming home nor does it benefit us in any way if they lose, I don't know about you, but I don't have any pies/tiges workmate to be competitive with over final ladder possies. All I know is if both teams win more, we can have an easier draw next year in the event that we in all probability lose to hawks/geel. 

If its a choice between Bris, GCS, Carl, Coll, Haw x2 [or] Bris, Coll, Port, Stk, Haw x2. Yeah I think i'll hope rich and coll win all of their games.

Nup,  have to stop thinking like that; we have to keep winning and developing the winning culture.  To be the best you have to beat the best.  Playing the bottom teams twice may give you a better chance at the finals but there is no point in being there if you are not good enough. Floggings in September is not my idea of fun.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Cards13 said:

Sue have to totally disagree, the game then is netball. One of the beauties of our game is players coming from all angles with there eyes on the ball.

I'm not sure what you are disagreeing with.  I agree with your statement, I was just pointing out the inconsistencies in our rules and their interpretation.

51 minutes ago, Salems Lot said:

Nup,  have to stop thinking like that; we have to keep winning and developing the winning culture.  To be the best you have to beat the best.  Playing the bottom teams twice may give you a better chance at the finals but there is no point in being there if you are not good enough. Floggings in September is not my idea of fun.

I'm not talking about tanking ie winning culture, im talking about wanting richmond and collingwood to win their remaining games so we have a better draw next year, it has more rationale than cheering for them to lose because they're wealthy club and popular clubs with "feral" fans, which is mere pettiness. 

I'm not wishing for any losses, i'm just saying on the balance of probability, we will lose to hawthorn and in response to that I say i hope coll/rich win all of their games and overtake us and let us play 3 bottom clubs, instead of 3 middle clubs. It's not about cowering from teams but acknowledging that fixturing does determine how you finish, your momentum and other issues. Its not the sole determining factor, but its a bigger factor than some would like to admit.

There's also the idea that maybe the momentum of an easier fixture can help set you up so that you're better placed mentally to take on higher quality teams.

I think there's no coincidence that GWS & Geel are higher than WCE and Kangas this year, they have much easier fixtures

Edited by johndemons

I didn't watch much of the game because we had guests over for dinner but was still conflicted over which team I wanted to lose more. Then I decided it was a no brainer because Collingwood was playing and my heart sank when I turned on the TV just as that South Australian Aish marked in the goal square and levelled the scores at 74 each halfway through the last quarter. 

Anyway justice prevailed and neither coach is off the hook and the good part is that they both have their contract extensions in place so there's going to more of this going forward into 2017.

On South Australians, I thought Graham Molloy was a very good player but we really didn't get the best out of him. 

Then there was John Tilbrook who was an absolute champion but only in his first game and one against Geelong when he kicked 6 goals. His other 51 games were very Toumpasesque. 

Incidentally, we really never got the most value from croweaters whose initials are "JT", have we?

• Like 1