The Jesse Hogan Panic Room - all contract talk here

Grapeviney

22 minutes ago, Flamingdees said:

Jesse does not have to make a decision on his future intentions this year. The MFC would preferably want some direction so it can plan for the future either with or without him. 

Bottom line is Jesse has a contract for next year. 

If he asked for a trade this year one of or both Freo and WCE would have to throw everything but the kitchen sink at us in order for a trade to be facilitated.  It would have to be some sort of mega deal that would be too hard for us to refuse otherwise he plays for us next year. 

Ummm.... Yeah.

Devils advocate.. Ever heard of it?

Before any trading of picks gcs and gws have 11 picks in the first 2 rounds (6 gcs, 5 gws). This will probably increase by draft time esp for gcs (o'meara, prestia).

Freo have picks 3, -, 39, 57 (and have to pay hawks for hill)

WC have picks  11, 29, 47, 65

Melb have picks  -, 27, 45, 63 (with 27 locked in for hibbert?)

Haw have picks 18, 36, 54, 72 (plus what they get for hill)

Pretty hard to see a lot of the talked of trades happening without a lot of other good player trades + future picks

Edited by daisycutter

57 minutes ago, McQueen said:

Unless Hogan and the club signed a contract which stated something like:

"If an extension has not been brokered before the commencement of the trade period prior to the final contract year, the Club reserves the right execute a trade with the best offer and/or suitor available."

Because frankly, if it doesn't, everything in your post means zip. 

I am fairly certain clubs are able to trade contracted players. The purpose of the trade, in this case being his inability to sign an extension, is irrelevant. 

8 minutes ago, daisycutter said:

Before any trading of picks gcs and gws have 11 picks in the first 2 rounds (6 gcs, 5 gws). This will probably increase by draft time esp for gcs (o'meara, prestia).

Freo have picks 3, -, 39, 57 (and have to pay hawks for hill)

WC have picks  11, 29, 47, 65

Melb have picks  -, 27, 45, 63 (with 27 locked in for hibbert?)

Pretty hard to see a lot of the talked of trades happening without a lot of other good player trades + future picks

Getting off the topic for a minute. 

GWS have been in the comp five years. They have lost Tyson, Frost, O'Rourke, Gorringe, Jaksch, Philips, Sumner, McCarthy, Treloar, Miles, Hombsch, Boyd and I'm sure many more. They will also lose a couple more this year in Marchbank and Steel  

They Could be playing in a GF in two weeks. 

Have another five picks in the first two rounds this year.  Trades will see that maybe go to 7 or 8.

No wonder why clubs such as us have found it tough to rebuild with all the young talent being snapped up before we got the chance to draft them.

Not a good look for the AFL who has always believed in equalisation  

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, worldwideweb_demon said:

Question. If nothing eventuates during this trade period and by the end of next year, Hogan does not re-sign and has requested to go home. What if Freo have nothing to trade with us - No decent picks or quality players. Can they get Hogan for nothing?

he would have to take his chances in the nd or dfa. but, yes it is possible

17 hours ago, Wiseblood said:

I've never stated for a second that he doesn't need to do some work as well.  Of course he needs to work on aspects of his game, which includes his kicking for goal, especially under a bit of But he could easily have had 50+ goals when you factor in the 33 points, and once he works all that out then he will kick 50+ goals a year for the rest of his career.

If Hogans kicking improves as along with our midfields ability to deliver the ball to him I think 70 goals per season should be the pass mark.

3 minutes ago, worldwideweb_demon said:

Question. If nothing eventuates during this trade period and by the end of next year, Hogan does not re-sign and has requested to go home. What if Freo have nothing to trade with us - No decent picks or quality players. Can they get Hogan for nothing?

If a trade with Freo or WCE cannot be brokered then Jesse has the following options. 

1) re-sign with us. 

2) take his chances in the draft in the hope to fall to Freo or WCE. 

3) nominate another club that we can negotiate a trade with. 

A trade with Freo or WCE can always be orgestrated if they are willing to give up quality to get quality. 

Fox Footy article on FB.

Tom Petroro says Hogan will play for Melbourne next year "I can't see him playing anywhere else in 2017", but couldn't guarantee his future after that.

If that some sort of player agent code for "Jesse is waiting to see what direction West Coast and Fremantle take? 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, daisycutter said:

I think that's 14, 32, 50 and 68 now?  That improvement will help them a bit with their trades.

2 hours ago, Demonator said:

Jason Dover is his manager, so not sure what relevance Petroro has to any of this?

Dover is a WA agent at Stride. Petroro is the managing director at Stride. I'm tipping they've had the odd work-related conversation.

But even if Dover and Petroro worked at different companies, they would talk. Player agents spend a lot of time talking about each others players. That's their job.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, daisycutter said:

he would have to take his chances in the nd or dfa. but, yes it is possible

This is what I fear most if he either doesn't re-sign or isnt traded this year. 

It would be typical MFC if it pans out this way. 

Edited by DemonOX

32 minutes ago, praha said:

I am fairly certain clubs are able to trade contracted players. The purpose of the trade, in this case being his inability to sign an extension, is irrelevant. 

My point was that Hogan has to agree. There is no clause in the contract that would allow the club to 'force' a trade.

57 minutes ago, demonoid said:

Yes I did an no I don't think he is. That's me out

Whenever you see single quotation marks in a headline - Stephen Fry says rape victims should 'grow up' - you need to tread carefully. And read carefully. That's how journalists distill a comment down to a headline-sized, click-friendly bite. Fry said people who self-pity should grow up, he did not say rape victims should grow up. But that's how the journalist, or most probably the sub-editor, read between the lines to apply some sauce to the article.

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, Bizmo Funyans said:

Thought Id sign up to maybe put some minds at rest - I spoke to one of the assistant coaches after the b n f dinner and he was extremely confident jesse would re-sign. Was expectant even. FWIW 

Image result for bismo funyuns

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Tony Tea said:

Whenever you see single quotation marks in a headline - Stephen Fry says rape victims should 'grow up' - you need to tread carefully.

Little known fact. In the media world, esp "print" media, single quote marks in the headline (as opposed to double quotes ...  ' ' vs "" ) means the person didn't really say it, and a subeditor paraphrased, sometimes very loosely, what the person actually said.

A convention made up by and for the media and passed into standard usage without anyone being any the wiser.

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, Bizmo Funyans said:

Thought Id sign up to maybe put some minds at rest - I spoke to one of the assistant coaches after the b n f dinner and he was extremely confident jesse would re-sign. Was expectant even. FWIW 

wasn't aware we had any female assistant coaches................

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Flamingdees said:

33 minutes ago, Tony Tea said:

Dover is a WA agent at Stride. Petroro is the managing director at Stride. I'm tipping they've had the odd work-related conversation.

Player agents, eh? Those lovable scamps. That reminds me of a well known agent of a well known player.

November 25, 2012: Superstar Lance Franklin will stay at Hawthorn, his manager says

"We'll get it done with Hawthorn, don't even worry about that," Pickering said on SEN yesterday. "Let's be honest, every club would want Buddy. But he will stay with Hawthorn. It will all be sorted."

March 5, 2013: AFL slams reports of Buddy push to GWS

Franklin's manager Liam Pickering has denied he has taken offers from opposition clubs, but the reported asking price for Franklin's services would be in excess of $1 million a season.

July 6, 2013: Lance Franklin's manager Liam Pickering says Hawks star highly likely to resist lure of GWS

"To be honest, there's only really one in it, which is Hawthorn,'' Pickering told SEN Radio.

August 26, 2013: Franklin wants to stay a Hawk

"I would have thought if you're a betting man, you'd still be pretty confident he's staying at Hawthorn," Pickering said.

• Like 14

1 hour ago, worldwideweb_demon said:

Yes if they finish last.