The Jesse Hogan Panic Room - all contract talk here

Grapeviney

19 minutes ago, Satyriconhome said:

No it's not, you have too many people these days who know about photoshop, there are a couple of extraneous pieces in the photo, a bit fuzzy on your right had side, and the perspective is out

Oh dear Saty....

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, Redleg said:

It is definitely Victoria. I recognise one of the leaves on a tree to the left of the players. 

That's just a branch with leaves that Frosty brought with him from Victoria, he's the strange one of our group.

Edited by Ethan Tremblay

Too much greenery for a Perth beach path IMO. Never seen one that green.  One usually gets fried walking from car park to water line over there. Then again who would be mad enough to surf on Vic beaches this week? Photo looks too nice weather beachy. 

4 minutes ago, daisycutter said:

anyway ethan, i thought it was funny (in case it got lost in all the "noise")

at least we now know you can't be jesse hogan incognito

I thought it was hilarious as well, but decided to go with the 'ignore function' to see what happened, a couple of the usual of course, good to see Hogan 'happy', perhaps now the noise around his re signing will quieten down and everybody will just wait for the announcement

Edited by Satyriconhome

Goodwin was just on SEN and re Jesse - his comments were that he assumes contract talks are starting soon and thinks Hogan will be staying and will not be worried if it takes 6 weeks, 6 months, next year for him to re-sign.

It may be a long wait folks!

2 minutes ago, Lucifer's Hero said:

Goodwin was just on SEN and re Jesse - his comments were that he assumes contract talks are starting soon and thinks Hogan will be staying and will not be worried if it takes 6 weeks, 6 months, next year for him to re-sign.

God I hope this crapola doesn't go into next season cause I really don't want to have to listen to the media all next season too it was bad enough this season and he still had 2 seasons to run. 

funniest thing about ET's photo shop gag and the response thereafter is that Saty seems to be completely oblivious to the fact that ET's profile pic is Zach Galifianakis and seemingly thinks that ET is actually claiming to be there hahahaha

• Like 9

1 minute ago, DemonOX said:

God I hope this crapola doesn't go into next season cause I really don't want to have to listen to the media all next season too it was bad enough this season and he still had 2 seasons to run. 

Then we should close this thread, coz the 'journos' start a lot of it with........... 'supporters' are..................do what I do, believe nothing until it appears on club website

32 minutes ago, Lucifer's Hero said:

Let's not derail this thread with actual facts and contract talks

Cmon LH

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Sylvia Saint said:

I'm not optimistic after reading his manager's direct quotes.

I'm still confident, as it's only normal and fair for him to spend some time back home on the off season, but it's the first time I've seen his manager mention that he is either going to stay with Melbourne or request to come home.  While we all know it's been about that from the start, it's never actually been said by his manager before.

Again, I'm still confident, but this is an interesting development for sure.

4 minutes ago, Redleg said:

What did he say I can't open article. 

Here is what his manager said:

“We are not in a hurry and we are quite comfortable with where things sit,” Dover said.

“Put it this way — there is no time line on it.

“I have had a discussion with Jesse but we aren’t any further advanced. I was at the footy with ‘Goody’ on the Thursday night watching the Eagles.

“We were able to have a good chat and he gave me some information and I gave him some.

“Jesse will come home and see where his head space is. It is making a decision to be with Melbourne or a request to come home. Nothing has been finalised.”

1 minute ago, Wiseblood said:

Here is what his manager said:

“We are not in a hurry and we are quite comfortable with where things sit,” Dover said.

“Put it this way — there is no time line on it.

“I have had a discussion with Jesse but we aren’t any further advanced. I was at the footy with ‘Goody’ on the Thursday night watching the Eagles.

“We were able to have a good chat and he gave me some information and I gave him some.

“Jesse will come home and see where his head space is. It is making a decision to be with Melbourne or a request to come home. Nothing has been finalised.”

Thanks. Not overly positive. 

Goodwin seems confident so hope he is right. 

1 minute ago, Redleg said:

Thanks. Not overly positive. 

Goodwin seems confident so hope he is right. 

Yep, it's not overly positive to be honest, 

The one thing I'm hopeful for is that he makes a decision in the next month, and if it's to go home, then we can strike a good deal and get value for him.  Then we can move on from it.  

If he makes the decision in our favour then I'll be stoked with that, but either way, I'm hopeful he decides in the next month or so.

10 minutes ago, Wiseblood said:

Yep, it's not overly positive to be honest, 

The one thing I'm hopeful for is that he makes a decision in the next month, and if it's to go home, then we can strike a good deal and get value for him.  Then we can move on from it.  

If he makes the decision in our favour then I'll be stoked with that, but either way, I'm hopeful he decides in the next month or so.

If he wants to stay, he can actually take as long as he wants. If he wants to go home next year, he has to tell us in the next couple of weeks, so he can be traded in trade week. 

I am hopeful he will stay. 

• Like 2