The Jesse Hogan Panic Room - all contract talk here

Grapeviney

47 minutes ago, stevethemanjordan said:

I don't disagree with any of what you've posted.

But it's clear to me that the amount of criticism he receives from certain supporters means that they 'overrate' him. Whichever way you look at it.

They think he should be doing things that he isn't at this stage of his development.

Ps. Are you BenHur/ProDee/YzeMagic/Range/Rover disguised under yet another avatar?

I've swapped over to an Evoque.

No the problem appears to be Steve that he is trying to play like he did when he started and hasn't yet developed anything like an alternative forward style ie when double teamed,scragged or blocked he hasnt any other way of playing. In some ways he has gone backwards I merely surmised that I hoped that it wasnt the end of his development.He is a gifted player with many flaws at the moment. If he stays he will need a lot of work if he is to become some what of a forward star for us.

Me, Personally, I cannot see it particularly given he is very hard on himself emotionally and somewhat juvenile. Not over or underrated in my opinion

3 hours ago, stuie said:

I'm fairly certain he didn't have a "press conference". The players take it in turns to face the media and it was about Jesse's turn. They generally have the media rock up to one training session a week and interview a player afterwards. The duty of that rotates through the players.

The media seem to take a huge interest in Hogan. Everything seems bigger than what it is.  On SEN radio there is a poll today titled "Has Jess Hogan's value gone down this season?" Last I heard it was 59% yes.

3 minutes ago, america de cali said:

The media seem to take a huge interest in Hogan. Everything seems bigger than what it is.  On SEN radio there is a poll today titled "Has Jess Hogan's value gone down this season?" Last I heard it was 59% yes.

Yeah absolutely. We're probably just not used to it as we haven't had that sort of attention since Liam Jurrah was around. Hopefully we keep getting more and more attention and more players start being seen as stars and we can attract the next generation of supporters.

11 minutes ago, america de cali said:

Which was raised and argued by a biased WA [censored].

Anyone who thinks a 21 yo super talented kpp has lost value haven't got opinions worth listening to.

The short term fixation is ridiculous 

On 3 September 2016 at 7:17 PM, daisycutter said:

yep, my favourite after linear elamite

It is within Jesse's power to fix this - sign up for the generous contract that is available to him and stop the indecision. The longer this goes on the more likely it is for him to leave. This is becoming very Scully-esque 

14 minutes ago, Unleash Hell said:

Which was raised and argued by a biased WA [censored].

Anyone who thinks a 21 yo super talented kpp has lost value haven't got opinions worth listening to.

The short term fixation is ridiculous 

I think the poll alludes to that big offers may have been made. Most likely from WA and also perhaps a Vic  club like hypothetically Collingwood. And Hogan's non commitment  under pressure and recent average form just adds to the speculation. Rumours  that die quickly are usually wrong. Those that never go away are more likely to be true.

Edited by america de cali

1 minute ago, stuie said:

3rd, maybe even 4th, hand info but apparently on SEN this arvo they've floated the trade rumour of Zac Clarke, Barlow and a first round pick for Hogan.

Don't shoot the messenger....

Nothing wrong with floating a rumour or postulating possibilities.

That one, however, I would hope would be rejected out of hand by our admin I'd have thought.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Choke said:

Nothing wrong with floating a rumour or postulating possibilities.

That one, however, I would hope would be rejected out of hand by our admin I'd have thought.

Yep, seems like the kind of starting point that would end discussions before they even started.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, stuie said:

3rd, maybe even 4th, hand info but apparently on SEN this arvo they've floated the trade rumour of Zac Clarke, Barlow and a first round pick for Hogan.

Should be Weller,  Barlow and  1st round pick. Clarke is strictly blunt steak knives.

7 minutes ago, stuie said:

I know your just the messenger, but why would we accept Clarke as a trade when we could just take him as a free agent?

6 minutes ago, stuie said:

Can I hit you with a stick instead??

I would expect that this is nothing more than a rumour, which you said it is, as neither Clarke or Barlow are necessarily best 22 players for us, while just one first rounder doesn't do much for me.

I'm prepared for more weird and wonderful deals to be floated over the next couple of months - some will be terrific, others will make us gag.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, america de cali said:

Should be Weller,  Barlow and  1st round pick. Clarke is strictly blunt steak knives.

2 minutes ago, DemonAndrew said:

Seeing as Clarke is an unrestricted free agent it's not only unrealistic but ludicrous.

2 minutes ago, AngryAtCasey said:

I know your just the messenger, but why would we accept Clarke as a trade when we could just take him as a free agent?

1 minute ago, Wiseblood said:

Can I hit you with a stick instead??

I would expect that this is nothing more than a rumour, which you said it is, as neither Clarke or Barlow are necessarily best 22 players for us, while just one first rounder doesn't do much for me.

I'm prepared for more weird and wonderful deals to be floated over the next couple of months - some will be terrific, others will make us gag.

Guys, guys, I think it's a rubbish deal as well, merely passing on info.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, stuie said:

Still wouldn't take it.

1 hour ago, willmoy said:

the one with the ball all the time.

Realistically we will never get Neale. If Hogan wants out he will have us over the barrell in any case. And an exciting young player like Weller may be of long term value and he is already made. 

1 hour ago, america de cali said:

Would be massive unders for a "once in a lifetime'' player.

Forget Clarke. If Jesse  wants to go, we will feel enormous of pain to the whole enterprise and Freo  should too. Otherwise its simply an unfair trade.

42 minutes ago, chook fowler said:

I wonder if Hogan's father is called Phil.

Might want to stop the Dad jokes, as I read somewhere his father wasn't well and that was a major part of the pull back home..

• Like 3