Two tossers take aim at Bugg

Demonland

It's no less than what Ballantyne or Crowley or Boomer Harvey or Jordan Lewis would have done in the same situation. And their fans would have been disappointed if they didn't.

Agree that the Tiges failed the character test big-time in that game, in many different ways and by many different players. And again, it's a great shame that the teams that duck & dive (& throw their head back & wave their arms around & whinge to umpires and tell them how they should umpire the game) seem to get more help from umpires than teams that don't.

Oh, and "bruise-free" is well and truly six feet under.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Dockett 32 said:

Being able to play very unsociable football, when required, is a great addition to the teams skills. We haven't quite got it to 'professional corkies , dropping of knees  or coat hangers but we seem to be able to respond well enough these days.

This is the absolute key. For young sides on the way up, every older side (especially those on the way down) is going to try to bully and intimidate them. The likes of Barrett & Lloyd would consider that to be "part of the game".

When the young side refuses to be bullied and pushes back, it's somehow not acceptable. We had their measure without having to do the unsociable stuff, but when they tried it on, they got it back much harder.

Just about every commentator I've heard or read today has ridiculed their comments and been - to some degree - supportive of Bugg, not so much for pushing Riewoldt as for the showboating.

Edited by Akum
  • Like 1

The players just look like they're finally enjoying their footy to me.
 I'm sure they've all had a good ol' giggle about Buggs antics.
As have we.
More power too 'em.

Edited by Fork 'em
  • Like 4

18 hours ago, Deestroy All said:

Jack Riewoldt on 360 talking about Bugg sending him a text apologising for pushing him whilst in the hands of the trainers. 

Didn't exactly seem like he accepted the apology. 

I am disappointed to hear Bugg apologise. If Bugg is going to play outside of the rules - which I think is ok so long as no one is seriously hurt - then he needs to own it. I hope the club didn't make Tom Bugg apologise.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Adzman said:

Don't take anything the "velvet sledgehammer" says seriously. This bloke made a living by pulling out blades of grass to see which way the wind was blowing, only to then take a 2 minute approach to kicking, which was enough time for the wind to change.

As for Barrett, he is doing everything he can to sell himself as an insider. He knows Jack about Schmidt!

One time when he was pulling up grass and tossing it up to check the wind at Etihad under a closed roof an observer was overheard to call out " The only wind in here Lloyd is blowing out your arrrze..... Just get on with it !!!!!!!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, KingDingAling said:

I am disappointed to hear Bugg apologise. If Bugg is going to play outside of the rules - which I think is ok so long as no one is seriously hurt - then he needs to own it. I hope the club didn't make Tom Bugg apologise.

I am sure we did.

But I am fine with that - if he is made aware that the club is fine with him toeing the line.

No-one from the club has admonished him - he has just fessed up that its not a great look to push injured blokes when trainers are out there attending to the injured player and he made that excellent kick from Harmes into a goal that would have given a team with heart ammunition. If that was Hawthorn, they would have responded if an opposition player did that. Goals are supposed to take the stuffing out of your opposition - not fire them up.

17 hours ago, rpfc said:

I am sure we did.

But I am fine with that - if he is made aware that the club is fine with him toeing the line.

No-one from the club has admonished him - he has just fessed up that its not a great look to push injured blokes when trainers are out there attending to the injured player and he made that excellent kick from Harmes into a goal that would have given a team with heart ammunition. If that was Hawthorn, they would have responded if an opposition player did that. Goals are supposed to take the stuffing out of your opposition - not fire them up.

Interesting that you mention that. I think Hawthorn would've responded. We responded to Rance's cowardly hit on Watts. Richmond didn't respond, and don't respond much. There is a perception among the football community that they are seen as pushovers, and it is instances like that (not standing up when they need to), that further adds to that perception. Richmond are in a diabolical state atm.

• Like 1

I don't mind the apology and reaffirming his dedication to the team. 

Helps kill the story off. 

It's good to have a guy who's unsociable and can get under the oppositions skin when required. But 3 goals up at quarter time isn't when required. Pushing an injured player isn't required. 

There will be moments when Bugg's niggle comes in handy, but most weeks he has to play a good team game and not become the focus of the umpires and opposition. 

It's hard to play well with a target on your back. I'd rather he be Tom Bugg - reliable hard running wingman and part time niggler not the other way around. 

Jones, Viney, Kent, Harmes, Dunn - there should be plenty of options to take up the unsociable football mantle. 

Just read an article on the Herald Sun, Riewoldt talking about Rance:

“It takes a pretty honest man to own up, he didn’t have to do it ... I’m proud of him as a teammate to step up and own the act that he did.”

You can't have it both ways Jack. Accept that you copped a little stick from the opposition and move on, especially if you want the rest of the AFL to move on from the dog acts from your teammates (Vickery, Rance & Conca).

1 hour ago, KingDingAling said:

What Bugg said in his apology was spot on. So I take it you have no problem with what Rance did because Watts didn't get seriously hurt. Good to know.....

The media rabble machine are just propagating the Bugg thing to take the heat off the Rance shambles.

Everything that should have been done, and more, has been done. Perhaps its time....

• Like 1

I reckon Bugg's great. Jack Watts told a yarn on MMM of Karl Langdon losing his boot in the Collingwood game and Bugg throwing it into the distance. Loved him from that moment and he took it to another level against Richmond. He lacks skill and probably won't have a long career because of it, but the nuisance factor he brings to the side can't be underestimated. Not since Philthy Phil Read in 2004 have we had such a little runt running around for us, which actually co-incides with when we were last half decent as a footy team.

As for Matthew Lloyd, he is not a fan of us and now we're winning games then he's clearly going to have dig deeper to find something to hang on us. He'll be complaining about Wagner's boots next week.

17 hours ago, nutbean said:

What Bugg said in his apology was spot on. So I take it you have no problem with what Rance did because Watts didn't get seriously hurt. Good to know.....

Rance elbowed Jack Watts in the back or the head out of frustration. Tom Bugg merely nudged Riewoldt. Intent was completely different. Bugg was niggling, Rance was trying to hurt. I dare say that if both of those instances were taken to a court of law - that Rance would be charged (and probably jailed), and Bugg would walk away with a slap on the wrist. Obviously there is a big difference between these two incidents.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, deesdeesdees said:

Just read an article on the Herald Sun, Riewoldt talking about Rance:

“It takes a pretty honest man to own up, he didn’t have to do it ... I’m proud of him as a teammate to step up and own the act that he did.”

You can't have it both ways Jack. Accept that you copped a little stick from the opposition and move on, especially if you want the rest of the AFL to move on from the dog acts from your teammates (Vickery, Rance & Conca).

Jack Riewoldt is too dumb to even realize hes a hypocrite

• Like 5

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.