MATCH PREVIEW AND TEAM SELECTION - Round 5, 2016

Demonland

23 hours ago, pinkshark said:

I reckon we will miss Oliver a great deal.  He is the business.

My massive worry is that every time we get some media love and attention the players get ahead of themselves.  Clearly this was the case with Essendon, round 2.  I can see them running out this weekend thinking they are premiership contenders.  They are so desperate to rid themselves of past demons (pardon the pun) that they just take their eyes off the ball (pardon the pun again).  Of which is,  to individually focus, to stay together, and to win games.  

As much as we have improved, its 50/50 for me.  But [censored], we have to get over this bloody 'little league' embarrassing target of winning two in a row.  Just to state the bleeding obvious!!!!!!!!!

Come on Dee's, it's [censored] time to grow up.

Thanks for the pun apologies, but you should really have started your post by warning us to prepare for the cliches which followed. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ethan Tremblay said:

Melbourne - Essendon multibet paying $8 on Sportsbet. Worth a crack?

Not all cracks are worth it.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ethan Tremblay said:

A comfortable (big) win tomorrow would give us a very nice position on the ladder, even better if GWS and GC lose. 

Would need to win by 10 plus goals to be in the 8 after the round

Lets do this

7 hours ago, picket fence said:

No you don't get it, If he wasn't right to go then he would not have even made the emergency list! Imagine if 3 players pulled out tommorrow then he would have to play being one of the emergencies. Which means that as such he IS right to go! Get it!

Love your work picket!!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ethan Tremblay said:

You're completely missing the point Picket.

I find it hard to believe that someone called picket fence would be missing the point Ethan

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Biffen said:

If the goals were on the wings then Grimes would be first  picked.

With the new deliberate out of bounds rule I reckon Grimes would be a coach's nightmare regardless Biff

7 hours ago, picket fence said:

Yeah well, Happy to be highly opiniated, but I am rarely wrong! IMV If Petracca was right to go then he SHOULD have been picked! No If or buts, If he is as great as what we are all led to believe then he demaded to be picked. The club are letting him and the supporters down by not picking the best side possible. Again if he was right to go then on form and on balance he should play! So I beleive I am right, and the club is wrong! Take it or leave it!

7 hours ago, Ethan Tremblay said:

You're completely missing the point Picket.

7 hours ago, stuie said:

Being named an emergency was to tell him he was close but not quite ready. Have you not paid any attention to how Roos does things?

He won't be designated emergency, he will play VFL tonight.

you-re-wrong-o.gif

7 hours ago, stuie said:

You can please yourself,

You would be accustomed to that I'm guessing Stu!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Biffen said:

Not all cracks are worth it.

Yes they are. In my multis I usually put 8 X $10 multis each week. That allows me to take 3 games each way. The last two weeks I've gotten 9. I called the Lions early on here and they got up. Once you have a form line you should be able to pick at least 6 winners a week. Then take the other 3 games each way. Last week paid $680 for a $10 bet. Minus the $80 outlay = $600 profit.

Edited by Bombay Airconditioning
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Biffen said:

You would be accustomed to that I'm guessing Stu!

What a zinger. Where would we be without such insightful cutting wit. Lucky for us you're here to keep the standard of conversation up while Deeluded is on sabbatical.

Now toddle off back to your bananas and naughty jokes thread you little scamp.

• Like 1

OK, I'm coming in here.I recon we will give those tigers the biggest hiding they have had in a long time.I just got the feeling we are primed to have a break out game as a team.

Full strength, confidence in each other,Garlett and Vince back,Watts in form and building,playing for spots in the team.

They won't do an Essendon again,too fresh in their minds,Brilliant game against North,knocked off the wooblies,and now

to come up against the most fragile, over rated,team of wannabees ---- Hardwick--,gonna have no wick at all after tomorrow night.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, stuie said:

What a zinger. Where would we be without such insightful cutting wit. Lucky for us you're here to keep the standard of conversation up while Deeluded is on sabbatical.

Now toddle off back to your bananas and naughty jokes thread you little scamp.

Hadn't even noticed he was gone.  Shows how much his posts are missed.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, durango said:

Supporters should trust that the Football Department is doing what is best for the player and the club.  By playing young players too early in their development they may crash and burn ending up like Blease, Gysbert and Morton

Puck me Blease Gysberts and Morton????? Very poor analogies for the lack of talent, hard work required, wrong attitude and just lack of footballing nous!

Sheeit comparing Petracca to these Non entities NQR SHOCKERS! 

Words fail me!

9 minutes ago, Wiseblood said:

Hadn't even noticed he was gone.  Shows how much his posts are missed.

Nice one MonthBlood-

Kick him while he is not here to defend himself.

Dee-Luded is fairly innocuous to most .

6 hours ago, dees189227 said:

6.41pm – Poem: Ode to Fallen Soldiers (Rupert McCall)
6.46pm – Creswick Lighthorse Troop to enter arena
6.52pm – Family of fallen soldier video piece
6.56pm – Family of fallen soldier to light cauldron on stage
6.58pm – Last Post to play
6.59pm – National Anthem to play
7.00pm – Joint banner to rise, Melbourne and Richmond break through together

By the way a nice story on Angus Brayshaw and his brothers in the age today

Can' t wait. I loved the pre game formalities last year and loved the end result.

I never need an excuse to stand up and sing the national anthem - apologises in advance to anyone sitting in level one in the members. Singing is not one of my finer points.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Biffen said:

Nice one MonthBlood-

Kick him while he is not here to defend himself.

Dee-Luded is fairly innocuous to most .

Correct Biffen. Dee luded is a wonderful poster. A bit erratic on occasion to be sure but his heart is in the right place. The cheap shots at him seriously [censored] me.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Bitter but optimistic said:

Correct Biffen. Dee luded is a wonderful poster. A bit erratic on occasion to be sure but his heart is in the right place. The cheap shots at him seriously [censored] me.

Agreed. He redefines the location of the left field with most of his posts and I have noticed his absence

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, jane02 said:

Can' t wait. I loved the pre game formalities last year and loved the end result.

I never need an excuse to stand up and sing the national anthem - apologises in advance to anyone sitting in level one in the members. Singing is not one of my finer points.

Are you bringing the filth with you on Sunday Jane?