MATCH PREVIEW AND TEAM SELECTION - Round 4

Demonland

16 minutes ago, Bombay Airconditioning said:

Agree. 

Would love Viney to crunch Pendles and test those ribs out.

Do they play Pendles in the middle where he will get worked over all game by the likes of Viney, Gus, Oliver, Harmes, Bugg and Jonesy?

Or do they play him off half back right in the path of Jesse Hogan?

I will be disappointed if Pendlebury lasts until half time either way

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Bombay Airconditioning said:

Agree. 

Would love Viney to crunch Pendles and test those ribs out.

We have gone wrong many times playing the man for years. We're not good at it. Look at how clumsy Bernie Vince looked trying to be tough last week.

We have to just play good hard footy and stuff who is injured from the other side. Focusing on it gets us nowhere.

14 minutes ago, Undeeterred said:

We have gone wrong many times playing the man for years. We're not good at it. Look at how clumsy Bernie Vince looked trying to be tough last week.

We have to just play good hard footy and stuff who is injured from the other side. Focusing on it gets us nowhere.

I disagree Undeeterred. If think we have targeted a few players, particularly last year, where it has directly impacted the results.  Typically it's been the Captain of a leader of the opposition.

Round 1 Gold Coast - Viney targeted Ablett.  His impact was limited and we won.

The game versus Geelong, Viney targeted Selwood and he played sore. We won

Adelaide, Vince gets in Dangerfield's face, narrow loss, we kick straight we probably win.

the 2nd game v Pies, Viney and I think Vandenberg both got Pendlebury a couple of times.  He was sore, output down. We won.

Take out the leaders

Viney on Gablett last year. Then Selwood. Bernie on Dangerfield? We've gone wrong for years playing about three foot from the man and letting them run past us.

22 minutes ago, Undeeterred said:

• Like 1

You know after 10 minutes which Melbourne is on the field..the competitors or the uncompetitors......Last week was different..it looked real bad until we worked out the 7 goal wind thing. Which side will turn up this week?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hells bells said:

I disagree Undeeterred. If think we have targeted a few players, particularly last year, where it has directly impacted the results.  Typically it's been the Captain of a leader of the opposition.

Round 1 Gold Coast - Viney targeted Ablett.  His impact was limited and we won.

The game versus Geelong, Viney targeted Selwood and he played sore. We won

Adelaide, Vince gets in Dangerfield's face, narrow loss, we kick straight we probably win.

the 2nd game v Pies, Viney and I think Vandenberg both got Pendlebury a couple of times.  He was sore, output down. We won.

Take out the leaders

Don't forget Chunk getting in Pendles face at half time and starting a bit of biff.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Gorgoroth said:

It's a very young side if we go with Oliver, Wagner and Hunt. 7 games between them.  That would worry me. 

Oliver plays like a 100 gamer though so it's all good. 

• Like 2

Some quick stats for those interested. All stats based on full 25 man squad. 

MFC           CFC            Diff   
Average Age 23.2 24.7   -1.6  
Average Games 60.6 85.7   -25.1  

Back Line          
Ave Age 24.8 25.8   -1.0  
Ave Games 106.0 101.5   4.5  

Fol (includes wing)          
Ave Age 22.3 23.8   -1.5  
Ave Games 60.8 95.2   -34.3  

Fwd          
Ave Age 23.3 23.9   -0.5  
Ave Games 47.3 100.0   -52.7  

Int          
Ave Age 22.3 23.9   -1.6  
Ave Games 32.9 51.9   -19.0  

Melbourne          
Games   Backline             Fol          Fwd            Int         total
0-50 1 3 4 5 13
51-100 3 2 1 1 7
101-150 0 0 1 1 2
151-200 1 0 0 0 1
200+ 1 1 0 0 2
CFC          
Games   Backline             Fol         Fwd            Int         total
0-50 1 2 2 4 9
51-100 1 2 1 2 6
101-150 3 1 1 1 6
151-200 1 0 1 0 2
200+ 0 1 1 0 2

I thought the pies keep selling themselves as this really young and inexperienced side. Oh well, hopefully a younger and more less experienced side will show them up on Sunday. 

Edited by Chris
spelling
  • Like 5

2 minutes ago, Chris said:

Some quick state for those interested. All stats based on full 25 man squad. 

MFC           CFC            Diff   
Average Age 23.2 24.7   -1.6  
Average Games 60.6 85.7   -25.1  

Back Line          
Ave Age 24.8 25.8   -1.0  
Ave Games 106.0 101.5   4.5  

Fol (includes wing)          
Ave Age 22.3 23.8   -1.5  
Ave Games 60.8 95.2   -34.3  

Fwd          
Ave Age 23.3 23.9   -0.5  
Ave Games 47.3 100.0   -52.7  

Int          
Ave Age 22.3 23.9   -1.6  
Ave Games 32.9 51.9   -19.0  

Melbourne          
Games   Backline             Fol          Fwd            Int         total
0-50 1 3 4 5 13
51-100 3 2 1 1 7
101-150 0 0 1 1 2
151-200 1 0 0 0 1
200+ 1 1 0 0 2
CFC          
Games   Backline             Fol         Fwd            Int         total
0-50 1 2 2 4 9
51-100 1 2 1 2 6
101-150 3 1 1 1 6
151-200 1 0 1 0 2
200+ 0 1 1 0 2

I thought the pies keep selling themselves as this really young and inexperienced side. Oh well, hopefully a younger and more less experienced side will show them up on Sunday. 

Stats?

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Gorgoroth said:

It's a very young side if we go with Oliver, Wagner and Hunt. 7 games between them.  That would worry me. 

Generous. It will reach the heights of 7 after they've played this game

12 hours ago, dees189227 said:

Anyone else fear that Cloke will suddenly kick straight, Howe will take mark of the year and the pies find there form? 

When Howe took his mark of the year against Sydney he was in a team that lost that day by around 100 points. I can live with that happening once again on Sunday.

Edited by La Dee-vina Comedia
Spelling
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, Gorgoroth said:

Surely Wagner only plays if one or more of the Hamburglar, Gus or Jeffy doesn't get up. 

15 minutes ago, mordja said:

Surely Wagner only plays if one or more of the Hamburglar, Gus or Jeffy doesn't get up. 

97723_54_news_hub_93274_656x500.jpg ?

Edited by ManDee

3 hours ago, Petraccattack said:

Do they play Pendles in the middle where he will get worked over all game by the likes of Viney, Gus, Oliver, Harmes, Bugg and Jonesy?

Or do they play him off half back right in the path of Jesse Hogan?

I will be disappointed if Pendlebury lasts until half time either way

I think with Varcoe and Sidebottom back he will still play back.

3 hours ago, Undeeterred said:

People have already beaten me to it.

14 hours ago, ashdemons22 said:

I would of liked to see Oscar Mac come in with Brayshaw,Garlett and Hunt.

Drop Frost possibly with M Jones and Vince and Vanders

BB Jetta O Mac Salem 

HB Lumumba T Mac Stretch 

C Tyson N Jones Brayshaw 

HF Watts Dunn Kennedy 

FF Garlett Hogan Kent

R Gawn Viney Oliver 

INT Hunt Bugg Wagner Harmes

Dunn to go forward, Frost and Pederson to never be seen again (wishful thinking). Let Wiedman get some VFL experience before he comes in as that second or third Tall. Dunny to play that role for now. Give Oscar Mac the job on Moore and Tom on Clokey.

3 smalls Kent,Garlett and Kennedy to use their speed in the forward half with M Williams out they are lacking even one small defender. Let's take advantage of this.

Bugg will follow Trealor  around all day. 

Gawn to explode with Viney and Oliver destroying the clearances 

Thats just my Thursday night footy brain ticking over but hey what the hell do I know leave it to you Roosy.

They could at least try Dunn up forward. Better bet than Pedo or Dawes.

14 hours ago, Chook said:

Vince just slams it on the boot, Sidebottom's an arse and Varcoe never gets it. Relax, we've got this.

grossly underselling the value of Vince, regardless in the context of the statement i like it.