THE BOMBERS' SWISS ADVENTURE

Whispering_Jack

18 minutes ago, Lucifer's Hero said:

McDevitt appears before the Senate Committee:  He says:

"The tribunal accepted that Stephen Dank made plans to use thymosin beta-4 as part of Essendon's injection program. They also accepted that the players had consented to being injected with thymosin and that injections had occurred. Despite this, they were not comfortably concerned or satisfied that the injections had actually contained thymosin beta-4 because there were no adequate records kept and because Essendon failed to carry out lab analysis of the substances. The CAS panel openly disagreed." 'http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/essendon-doping-saga-afl-antidoping-panel-simply-got-it-wrong-says-asada-chief-20160304-gnakb9.html

McDevitt is a very impressive individual.  Almost the Lone Ranger as a voice against drug taking in sport.  Cudos to him.

From same article...

"Amid calls for the WADA code to be more applicable for team sports, and Madigan's criticism of CAS that it does not fall under Australian law, McDevitt said there was a "fallacy out there that it [WADA code] doesn't apply to team sports".

He pointed out that of the 85 sports under the ASADA code in Australia, more than 30 "have a team element and 18 of them are pure team sports".

McDevitt also raised sports overseas.

"Is it good enough for the English Premier League but not good enough for the AFL to have an option of going to the Court of Arbitration for Sport?" he said."

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Lucifer's Hero said:

EFC 'gentle' warning to Sheedy for this about the suspended players:  "It's forced upon them by an organisation obviously that's out of Europe, who don't really know a lot about AFL," Sheedy said..."Their job is really to get back and sort out Russia for the Olympics."  http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/essendon-chief-xavier-campbell-talks-to-kevin-sheedy-about-wada-comments-20160304-gnaeeo.html

That comment is right up there for ignorance and dumbness, with the excuses Beveridge made a few weeks ago. 

this solidarity march with suspended players (now ironically suing essendon) before the ess-mlb game will not be a good look for the afl and sport in general

gill the weak should be doing some quick back-room negotiations to dumb this down a bit but i doubt anyone will listen

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, daisycutter said:

this solidarity march with suspended players (now ironically suing essendon) before the ess-mlb game will not be a good look for the afl and sport in general

gill the weak should be doing some quick back-room negotiations to dumb this down a bit but i doubt anyone will listen

Saw a comment on the hun about this that said the Melbourne fans should all stand as well but turn our backs. I wont be there as I will not support the dons in any way but it would be great to see us make the stand. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Cards13 said:

From same article...

"Amid calls for the WADA code to be more applicable for team sports, and Madigan's criticism of CAS that it does not fall under Australian law, McDevitt said there was a "fallacy out there that it [WADA code] doesn't apply to team sports".

He pointed out that of the 85 sports under the ASADA code in Australia, more than 30 "have a team element and 18 of them are pure team sports".

McDevitt also raised sports overseas.

"Is it good enough for the English Premier League but not good enough for the AFL to have an option of going to the Court of Arbitration for Sport?" he said."

What a surprise that neither article is bering reporting the Essendon rag, sorry, Herald Sun!

• Like 1

Just now, Chris said:

Saw a comment on the hun about this that said the Melbourne fans should all stand as well but turn our backs. I wont be there as I will not support the dons in any way but it would be great to see us make the stand. 

well don't support the don's in any way, just come along to support the dees and make the best point possible by thrashing them

it really is unfair on the team by not turning up, especially as it is only the second game of the season. c'mon chris (and mandee) you're better than that

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, daisycutter said:

well don't support the don's in any way, just come along to support the dees and make the best point possible by thrashing them

it really is unfair on the team by not turning up, especially as it is only the second game of the season. c'mon chris (and mandee) you're better than that

I would if it was our home game and we got the money. Not going to put money in their pocket.

This whole thing and the AFL have peed me of to the point I may just give up on the sport full stop. 

Edited by Chris

44 minutes ago, Lucifer's Hero said:
45 minutes ago, Lucifer's Hero said:

EFC 'gentle' warning to Sheedy for this about the suspended players:  "It's forced upon them by an organisation obviously that's out of Europe, who don't really know a lot about AFL," Sheedy said..."Their job is really to get back and sort out Russia for the Olympics."  http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/essendon-chief-xavier-campbell-talks-to-kevin-sheedy-about-wada-comments-20160304-gnaeeo.html

That comment is right up there for ignorance and dumbness, with the excuses Beveridge made a few weeks ago. 

This really tells you how much he knows.

Arr no Kev they are actually head quartered  in Canada.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, daisycutter said:

Will they let me in with this on my Tshirt?

medizin-0004.gif from 123gifs.eu Download & Greeting Card

Edited by ManDee
  • Like 3

Which is more important , denying Essendon a few bucks or SUPPORTING our team.

Not showing up to this game denies us  a far greater impact than would abstaining deny the EFC.

Let's be POSITIVE for our club. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, beelzebub said:

Which is more important , denying Essendon a few bucks or SUPPORTING our team.

Not showing up to this game denies us  a far greater impact than would abstaining deny the EFC.

Let's be POSITIVE for our club. 

Supporting clean sport is most important. That is why it is very hard to support the AFL. 

13 minutes ago, Chris said:

Supporting clean sport is most important. That is why it is very hard to support the AFL. 

but no-one outside of demonland will know why chris didn't go. there are more meaningful ways to make your protest

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, daisycutter said:

but no-one outside of demonland will know why chris didn't go. there are more meaningful ways to make your protest

But if no one from the opposition goes every week that makes a pretty good stand. Problem is that so many in the AFL community don't care if sport is drug free and really have no idea what is going on. 

At the very least everyone should turn their back on the brazen support of taking drugs that will go on. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Chris said:

But if no one from the opposition goes every week that makes a pretty good stand. Problem is that so many in the AFL community don't care if sport is drug free and really have no idea what is going on. 

At the very least everyone should turn their back on the brazen support of taking drugs that will go on. 

whatever. your choice.

No one hears you scream in space

No one will know the protest of a person at home

Support Melbourne... .. Barrack loudly ...Enjoy the game

saw a great quote the other day

"People who do not understand your silence will never understand your words "

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, daisycutter said:

DC we all have our own ways. I also boycott their sponsors and have told each and every one of them. I have told Foxtel that I will not watch programs featuring drug cheats and that I am considering dropping Foxtel completely if they continue to feature drug cheats in their programs.

The AFL needs to understand that supporters don't like cheating. 

In addition EFC makes me angry, I don't need anger in my life, so I will take the day off.

This may all be futile but at some level I feel that I have made a statement and maybe it might make a difference.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, ManDee said:

DC we all have our own ways. I also boycott their sponsors and have told each and every one of them. I have told Foxtel that I will not watch programs featuring drug cheats and that I am considering dropping Foxtel completely if they continue to feature drug cheats in their programs.

The AFL needs to understand that supporters don't like cheating. 

In addition EFC makes me angry, I don't need anger in my life, so I will take the day off.

This may all be futile but at some level I feel that I have made a statement and maybe it might make a difference.

as i said to chris.......whatever. your choice, mate

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, beelzebub said:

I like this one,

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."    Edmund Burke

• Like 2

How weak is this of the AFL: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/jobe-watsons-brownlow-afl-hoped-he-would-hand-back-medal-20160304-gnarvn.html

According to Caro, The Commission was relying on Jobe voluntarily giving back the Brownlow so it could avoid being the 'bad' guys! ... according to his manager Craig Kelly the suspended player has no intention of voluntarily giving back his medal. 

What an indictment of AFL thinking the article is! 

The AFL got a reprieve from the player's appeal to the Swiss Federal Court. 

Hope they don't forget to do their job when its over!

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, beelzebub said:

Just finished watching "The Martain" BB, what a bloody good movie.

Surely the best solution for the perplexed EFC-hating supporter (and for those who can attend free of charge) is to show up, supports the Demons, but have some sort of banner which puts the boot into the drug team.  Since none of the players on the field are convicted drug cheats, thought is needed in getting the wording right.   My suggestion is to finds words to express satisfaction that we are playing a clean team. How can any AFL Big Brother object to that.

4 minutes ago, sue said:

Surely the best solution for the perplexed EFC-hating supporter (and for those who can attend free of charge) is to show up, supports the Demons, but have some sort of banner which puts the boot into the drug team.  Since none of the players on the field are convicted drug cheats, thought is needed in getting the wording right.   My suggestion is to finds words to express satisfaction that we are playing a clean team. How can any AFL Big Brother object to that.

Much like Orwell's Big Brother, decisions made by the AFL do not need to be based on fact. And if the facts contradict Big Brother, change the facts.

I wonder if those who work in the AFL's PR department feel like Winston.

The chocolate ration has been increased!