Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

i want an apology from the club

Cheap Seats

I Wonder whether it would be better if we just folded, would be painful but at least we would be put out of our misery,better than feeling like this week after week year after year. Can't be buying this 'hope' from this lame club any longer

I have always thought that such talk was not warranted, but seriously, after today, I do just wonder.

It'd be nice if we could have ONE year where some of our senior players haven't given up because their locker number is already reserved at another club.

Just once. Is it that hard?

Like a malestrom, it won't happen until the team performs, and it won't while they don't. Downhill spiral......heading for terminal decline.

And that just shows how cr@p we have been!!

How we have 35k members is amazing..

It will be certainly at least one 15 year member less next year.

I do have the rare opportunity to get to the game in round 23, but there is absolutely no way I will be wasting my time. Will probably go to a park and watch the grass grow - more inspiring that watching the Dees, sadly.

• Like 2

Off you go then. Jump on the winning wagon. Hawks, Eagles, Dockers .....? Loyalty personified.

really Bobbie...can you blame anyone ?

I couldn't

• Like 1

This club is beyond help

There is simply not enough that can be done at the seasons end to make anything usable with this list. We only get so many draft picks as currency for trade. There are bugger all quality free agents, none which would even want to come here. Our currently players are so bad and damaged that they have no trade currency.

The drafting and trading system is just too limited to fix this club. Doesn't matter who coaches us.

Even when we do get new blood in bit by bit, by the time we can get more in, the ones we got last time are so screwed and disinterested by our losing culture that they become just more of the same as what we have had.

It's a cycle with no end in sight

Edited by Hellfish
  • Like 6

This club is beyond help

There is simply not enough that can be done at the seasons end to make anything usable with this list. We only get so many draft picks as currency for trade. There are bugger all quality free agents, none which would even want to come here. Our currently players are so bad and damaged that they have trade currency.

The drafting and trading system is just too limited to fix this club. Doesn't matter who coaches us.

Even when we do get new blood in bit by bit, by the time we can get more in, the ones we got last time are so screwed and disinterested by our losing culture that they become just more of the same as what we have had.

It's a cycle with no end in sight

Basically sums it up. We're in a cycle that we can't get out of, because no matter how many promising young kids we get in, our best players will continue walking out the door because we simply can't improve fast enough.

• Like 1

really Bobbie...can you blame anyone ?

I couldn't

I would not blame any Melbourne supporter who decided to walk away or not renew. The club has given supporters nothing in return for their loyalty.

• Like 1

Basically sums it up. We're in a cycle that we can't get out of, because no matter how many promising young kids we get in, our best players will continue walking out the door because we simply can't improve fast enough.

I know melb have been waiting for "A Messiah" over the last 10 years.. We hoped Watts would become that.. Then we thouht Scully was that running machine we thought Morton would be.. And just as Trengove looked to be the goods, his foot stopped him putting his first foot forward (maximum pun intended).

This season couldn't end quicker for us atm..

Heres hoping for a fit Petracca, Trengove, Kent, Frost & Pedersen in 2016..

Maybe Petracca is what we've been serching for? With those 5 in the team.. The likes of Grimes, Garland, Cross Dawes & Howe, won't be walk up starts.. (Abit harsh on Grimes.. But I just don't rate him)

Edited by Coup Cooper
  • Like 1

I would not blame any Melbourne supporter who decided to walk away or not renew. The club has given supporters nothing in return for their loyalty.

And it still has the nerve to ask us to Donate money when "we win" #getstuffed

• Like 1

I'm just sad. Like everyone here i've watched us go from top 8 finishes to completely bottoming out and it's this loss over any in the last 10 years that i finally feel nothing can be done to this club to change it's current situation. No amount of draft picks, marquee coaches or undervalued rookie pick ups can pull this debacle together.

I sit there with 2 close mates of mine who are hawks supporters and I have blown up at them twice in the last week when they begin to talk footy because I can't handle to listen to other people talk about success when it's been so long since i've felt anything close myself. I'm bitter, I'm jaded and I'm just downright sad that out of every football club in the land, i was stuck with this one 23 years ago. I don't want an apology from the club, I don't want empty promises from Jackson or Roos or Goodwin, I just want clarification as to how this has been allowed to go on for so long. this is no longer an onfield issue, this is an organisational issue, right down to the boys who pump up the sherrins.

• Like 9

From the Club's website:

Football Department

- Paul Roos - Senior Coach
- Todd Viney - Manager Player Personnel
- Josh Mahoney - Manager Football Operations
- Simon Goodwin - Senior Assistant Coach
- Ben Mathews - Midfield Coach
- Jade Rawlings - Backline Coach
- Daniel McPherson - Forward line Coach
- Brendan McCartney - Devlopment and Strategy Coach
- Brett Allison - Head of Development
- Brad Miller - Development Coach
- Shannon Byrnes - Welfare and Development Coach
- Justin Plapp - Casey Scorpions Coach
- Mallory Smith - Football Administration Manager
- Sean Larkin - Football Operations Coordinator
- Andrew Nichol - Player Development Manager
- Jason Taylor - National Recruting Manager
- Kelly O’Donnell - Pro scouting
- Darren Farrugia - Recruiting Technology Coordinator
- Tim Lamb - National Recruiting Officer
- David Misson - Elite Performance Manager
- Robert Jackson - Strength & Conditioning Manager
- Charles Allen - Load Manager
- Alex Sakadjian - Sport Science Co-ordinator & Rehabilitation Coach
- Paul Blackman - Head Doctor
- Zeeshan Arain - Club Doctor
- Bianca Scotney - Match Day Doctor
- James McLaren - VFL Doctor
- Steve Allan - Physiotherapist
- Sam Pietsch - Physiotherapist
- Joel Ames - Physiotherapist
- Peter Roberts - Training Services Co-ordinator
- Anthony Brown - Property Manager
- Pete Roberts - Football Technology Manager
- Michael Scott - Football Analyst
- Joanna Shinewell - Nutritionist
- Spike Harris - Team Manager

I suspect the technology bloke does an OK job and the team manager gets the team to the right ground on time with the right coloured shorts.

Any evidence the rest are any good?

Edited by frankie_d
  • Like 1

From the Club's website:

Football Department

- Paul Roos - Senior Coach

- Todd Viney - Manager Player Personnel

- Josh Mahoney - Manager Football Operations

- Simon Goodwin - Senior Assistant Coach

- Ben Mathews - Midfield Coach

- Jade Rawlings - Backline Coach

- Daniel McPherson - Forward line Coach

- Brendan McCartney - Devlopment and Strategy Coach

- Brett Allison - Head of Development

- Brad Miller - Development Coach

- Shannon Byrnes - Welfare and Development Coach

- Justin Plapp - Casey Scorpions Coach

- Mallory Smith - Football Administration Manager

- Sean Larkin - Football Operations Coordinator

- Andrew Nichol - Player Development Manager

- Jason Taylor - National Recruting Manager

- Kelly O’Donnell - Pro scouting

- Darren Farrugia - Recruiting Technology Coordinator

- Tim Lamb - National Recruiting Officer

- David Misson - Elite Performance Manager

- Robert Jackson - Strength & Conditioning Manager

- Charles Allen - Load Manager

- Alex Sakadjian - Sport Science Co-ordinator & Rehabilitation Coach

- Paul Blackman - Head Doctor

- Zeeshan Arain - Club Doctor

- Bianca Scotney - Match Day Doctor

- James McLaren - VFL Doctor

- Steve Allan - Physiotherapist

- Sam Pietsch - Physiotherapist

- Joel Ames - Physiotherapist

- Peter Roberts - Training Services Co-ordinator

- Anthony Brown - Property Manager

- Pete Roberts - Football Technology Manager

- Michael Scott - Football Analyst

- Joanna Shinewell - Nutritionist

- Spike Harris - Team Manager

I suspect the technology bloke does an OK job and the team manager gets the team to the right ground on time with the right coloured shorts.

Any evidence the rest are any good?

Dave Missons title is comedy gold

• Like 2

I'm just sad. Like everyone here i've watched us go from top 8 finishes to completely bottoming out and it's this loss over any in the last 10 years that i finally feel nothing can be done to this club to change it's current situation. No amount of draft picks, marquee coaches or undervalued rookie pick ups can pull this debacle together.

I sit there with 2 close mates of mine who are hawks supporters and I have blown up at them twice in the last week when they begin to talk footy because I can't handle to listen to other people talk about success when it's been so long since i've felt anything close myself. I'm bitter, I'm jaded and I'm just downright sad that out of every football club in the land, i was stuck with this one 23 years ago. I don't want an apology from the club, I don't want empty promises from Jackson or Roos or Goodwin, I just want clarification as to how this has been allowed to go on for so long. this is no longer an onfield issue, this is an organisational issue, right down to the boys who pump up the sherrins.

I feel you mate. Today I have just been miserable. I have tried so hard to remain positive all year but the last 8 matches have been disgraceful overall and have chipped away at my resilience until I just broke today. It is getting extremely hard to see us ever turning around what seems to be an ingrained cloak of failure that surrounds us. I feel like I have been cheated in a way for all the misery this club has made me suffer. The game of Aussie Rules is supposed to be enjoyable, how can it be when you are asked to remain strong through torture after 9 years and no end in sight? I actually stormed out at half time cos I couldn't take it - the idea of doing that even a few years ago would have been laughable, but this is how much they have broken me down. I have been to 1 non-mfc game this year when in previous years I would go to 15 easily. This mob is killing me. I have read tonight a great deal of people talking about how today represents the last straw after long periods of unconditional support and inevitable disappointment, and I cannot blame anybody one little bit.

• Like 8

How true.....they give absolutely nothing. Zero.

And they will put their hands out over the off season and ask for our loyalty once again.

If they offered a "performance based" membership package, say $10 or even 20 for a win and zero for a loss, I may consider re-signing. Willing to pay for their loyalty to me. But otherwise after nearly 60 years I have had enough crappy excuses and false dawns.

Every year I post about how my son gives the Dees another chance , and every year we let him down .

I talk about how we are on the up, but like a broken record,I lose his trust.

He is fifteen now, and he has probably witnessed four of five wins in his life.

The last six years have been terrible and , whenever football is talked about with family or friends he is genuinely angry about being made a Demon from birth, like its a curse that he could change if he could.

Today I took him to see us play the Blues, surely we were a big chance to win?

Nope, rotten luck again, just like the Stkilda and Essendon games we went to this year.

I am totally gutted at how this pathetic lot have made a kid growing up feel....I resent them as a club....and I take it personally when they put on that sort of effort, like they did in the first half today.

Surely they realise the hell they are putting us through,with their insipid displays?

I feel sick in the guts.....every damn year.

• Like 5

Truly an indictment on the league.

I called the Geelong win an anomaly and we have been shocking since, with the Collingwood game the exception. The Brisbane game was awful and had we played them today they'd have won by 10 goals. Just look at how they dismantled Carlton.

We are still the worst "team" in the league.

Anyone that's been at the club pre-2010 should be moved on asap.

• Like 1

sent this to the club C&B - quoting you

For the attention of Peter Jackson

Dear Peter
You are rightly regarded by the fans as a hero of this club. You have rescued us from an inept administration whose damage to the club is far from healed.
Today's on-field performance, sadly, reprises one of your themes "We've lost the trust of the members". I have no idea about the disease, or the cure - only that the patient is going to die quite quickly (= after the next TV rights deal, I suspect) unless matters improve.
From one of the fan discussion groups:

"""

Today I have just been miserable. I have tried so hard to remain positive all year but the last 8 matches have been disgraceful overall and have chipped away at my resilience until I just broke today. It is getting extremely hard to see us ever turning around what seems to be an ingrained cloak of failure that surrounds us. I feel like I have been cheated in a way for all the misery this club has made me suffer. The game of Aussie Rules is supposed to be enjoyable, how can it be when you are asked to remain strong through torture after 9 years and no end in sight? I actually stormed out at half time cos I couldn't take it - the idea of doing that even a few years ago would have been laughable, but this is how much they have broken me down. I have been to 1 non-mfc game this year when in previous years I would go to 15 easily. This mob is killing me. I have read tonight a great deal of people talking about how today represents the last straw after long periods of unconditional support and inevitable disappointment, and I cannot blame anybody one little bit.

"""
We don't deserve what's being served up - and nor do you.
I wonder how the club can respond to this situation. In times past, we would have sacked the coach (10 in 7 years). We clearly have an unsackable coach, and so we have to ask if our players are just not good enough, either because we picked duds and/or didn't develop the good ones. A bit of both I suspect.
The situation out here is dire.
I'll be there at Etihad in a fortnight, and I'll renew my membership, but it's getting pretty miserable.
thanks again for all your great efforts
frankie_d
  • Like 4

Forget about an apology from the club.

My poor girlfriend, grew up in France and Singapore in her later high school year, is now a diehard supporter. I was in Germany two weeks ago and she went to the North game alone. I'm in Seoul now and she went today, alone.

She left at half-time.

I actually apologise to her. What have I introduced her to?

Dear Peter

You are rightly regarded by the fans as a hero of this club. You have rescued us from an inept administration whose damage to the club is far from healed.

Today's on-field performance, sadly, reprises one of your themes "We've lost the trust of the members". I have no idea about the disease, or the cure - only that the patient is going to die quite quickly (= after the next TV rights deal, I suspect) unless matters improve.

"""

Today I have just been miserable. I have tried so hard to remain positive all year but the last 8 matches have been disgraceful overall and have chipped away at my resilience until I just broke today. It is getting extremely hard to see us ever turning around what seems to be an ingrained cloak of failure that surrounds us. I feel like I have been cheated in a way for all the misery this club has made me suffer. The game of Aussie Rules is supposed to be enjoyable, how can it be when you are asked to remain strong through torture after 9 years and no end in sight? I actually stormed out at half time cos I couldn't take it - the idea of doing that even a few years ago would have been laughable, but this is how much they have broken me down. I have been to 1 non-mfc game this year when in previous years I would go to 15 easily. This mob is killing me. I have read tonight a great deal of people talking about how today represents the last straw after long periods of unconditional support and inevitable disappointment, and I cannot blame anybody one little bit.

"""

I wonder how the club can respond to this situation. In times past, we would have sacked the coach (10 in 7 years). We clearly have an unsackable coach, and so we have to ask if our players are just not good enough, either because we picked duds and/or didn't develop the good ones. A bit of both I suspect.

I'll be there at Etihad in a fortnight, and I'll renew my membership, but it's getting pretty miserable.

frankie_d

Onya Frankie...i suspect PJ is asking the same questions.

There is something missing at this club

Nobody knows what it is....

Dear Peter

"""

"""
frankie_d

Good work

There are plenty of other great posts tonight that the club should read. The problem is - what can anyone do about it? PJ has done his part in orchestrating a quality coaching staff and facilities blahblahblah but the fact remains we as a football club simply do not have the effort/desire/heart to win games more than our opponent. It is something that pervades through players, coaches and administrations over time like a haunted house continuing to terrorise its new residents. What the cure for that is, as SWYL says, nobody knows.