Jeffy Garlett's Indigenous Dance

UltimateDemon

We're not seriously turning the booing of H into a race thing are we? Please tell me we're not.

Go and watch his Pies farewell speech. He may as well have flipped the bird at the end of it.

I was merely asking a question.

I don't have an opinion either way but if we were ever going to pause and think about it, this week would be it.

Who did the Collingwood supporters boo yesterday? Garlett, Lamumba, anyone else?

My 2c (and I doubt it's worth even that) is that 99% of the people booing are just following the crowd. Ditto 99% of the people gettting outraged by it. Sometimes it just feels good to make niose with 30,000 other people, and sometimes it feels good to get up on a high horse about an issue that won't seem that important when the next news cycle rolls around. I don't expect a lot of sense from group think no matter the subject or the leanings of the group, and I'm rarely if ever disappointed.

However, I loved that the clubs and players all through the AFL closed ranks to support one of their own that is obviously hurting from his inane treatment and how he has become the number one water cooler conversation in the land. That's the only positive I can see in this whole childish episode.

• Like 2

I was merely asking a question.

I don't have an opinion either way but if we were ever going to pause and think about it, this week would be it.

Who did the Collingwood supporters boo yesterday? Garlett, Lamumba, anyone else?

And Watts. Not sure why but they did.

I don't think the booing of H is entirely unrelated to the Goodes situation. People have a particular distaste for Lamumba which has quitened down this season as he has. The two share a similarity - and no, it's not the colour of their skin. It's their willingness to confront discimination and talk about it publicly which makes people uncomfortable and angry. People aren't booing the race, but them talking talking about race. Which is about race.

• Like 2

We're not seriously turning the booing of H into a race thing are we? Please tell me we're not.

Go and watch his Pies farewell speech. He may as well have flipped the bird at the end of it.

So why did he get booed by the Richmond supporters earlier in the year?

So why did he get booed by the Richmond supporters earlier in the year?

We were discussing why Pies supporters booed him.

H is considered by the average knucklehead to be an outspoken, over sensitive, touchy feely [censored]. Surely this isn't news to anyone. That is why the average punter might see fit to boo him. They don't like him.

Because he has taken strong stances on political issues that make others feel uncomfortable?

Quite possibly. One of which is race, I acknowledge that. He also talks about other societal issues.

He's also intelligent and articulate. Boofheads don't like their footballers that way. They don't like anyone that way.

I think to once again brand a booing of a player who happens to be black as racism is a very slippery slope.

• Like 3

Quite possibly. One of which is race, I acknowledge that. He also talks about other societal issues.

He's also intelligent and articulate. Boofheads don't like their footballers that way. They don't like anyone that way.

I think to once again brand a booing of a player who happens to be black as racism is a very slippery slope.

P-Man, have you even been to a Swans game and heard the opposition crowd doing it?

It is unprecedented. I've not heard booing that intense or sustained in my entire life, in any sport.

Every time he so much as got a quick handball on the wing, the booing was like someone had just dived for a free, got a bonus 50 meter penalty and the shot on goal put the away team in front, in Perth. It is sick.

P-Man, have you even been to a Swans game and heard the opposition crowd doing it?

It is unprecedented. I've not heard booing that intense or sustained in my entire life, in any sport.

Every time he so much as got a quick handball on the wing, the booing was like someone had just dived for a free, got a bonus 50 meter penalty and the shot on goal put the away team in front, in Perth. It is sick.

We're talking about Lumumba now, not Goodes.

I totally condemn the booing of Goodes. It needs to stop.

• Like 5

I must be blind or stupid but it looked to me like some sort of aeroplane display, not any sort of indigenous dance.

Whatever, it went on for about a microsecond.

JG - It was a celebration and pretty light hearted. H - was booed and it was ignored by media. Jones' gesture at the end of the game, class! BTW, though he didn't have his best game but played one of his better 'Captains games' in demonstrating intent.

Love that the team took a positive step regarding racism and won the game.

• Like 3

Interesting indigenous dance, I didn't realize airplanes existed 30,000 years ago

Birds did, they also have wings.

I support Jeff. 36.

(Classy for us to take the foot off the pedal to win by only 37 to tribute Goodes...)

• Like 7

Birds such as magpies existed 30,000 years ago. Think they might predate the American invention of aeroplanes hh.

Yes but he was clearly mimicking an airplace

I thought it was hilarious, you can tell he was baiting the Filth cheer squad. Gotta love Jeffy

Interesting indigenous dance, I didn't realize airplanes existed 30,000 years ago

Buffoon

Birds such as magpies existed 30,000 years ago. Think they might predate the American invention of aeroplanes hh.

Yes but he was clearly mimicking an airplace

I thought it was hilarious, you can tell he was baiting the Filth cheer squad. Gotta love Jeffy

GOD - I JUST LOVE DEMONLAND!!!!!

• Like 1

Birds did, they also have wings.

I support Jeff. 36.

(Classy for us to take the foot off the pedal to win by only 37 to tribute Goodes...)

There are also things like Land Rover dreaming stories, rock art depictions of Cook's ship on the east coast, Macassan boats etc in the NT. That's the thing about 'continuous culture', it continues.

• Like 1

Clearly Deestroy All that clip was an aeroplane dance. Can't you see it?!!! Lol....

Absolutely.

In fact I believe 'QANTAS' is the Aboriginal word for 'flying cassowary'.

• Like 5