• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Changes v Collingwood

P-man

Cant even want Dawes to play well any more.

Its bad I know. He cost so much and delivers so little without blame.

Just the sight of him pointing and endless spitting when he does one good thing out of 10 possibles gives me the tom t1ts.

Hate to be the bearer of bad news OD but you will be seeing him for a few more weeks yet. Went to a premium members function pre match at the G and Josh Mahoney mentioned that we need to have a good look at him for a few weeks. Said he is far to good a player at VFL level and we need to see if he can start bringing some of that form into the seniors. Id be expecting to see him in the starting 21 next week. Besides, he was far from our worst yesterday in his 1 qtr.

I was talking about Tyson HB

So in the ordinaryist scale of 1-10 (highest best player) where do you rank Michie, MJones, Bail, Riley, Dawes, Grimes ??????

2,s with the exception of Grimes he is a five.

I wouldn't have either of the two former Pies in. Stretch to go back to a lower level too, get more involved.

Garland would have to be very close to being dropped, he was awful again. We have far too many ordinary half backs who can't kick the ball - Howe, Garland, Grimes, Lumumba Cross and Jetta are honest battlers but they simply can't dispose of the ball. The sooner Salem is fit and back in the side the better. Playing all these guys means we are down a mid rotation every week too. We need ANB and Michie to run through there, either permanently or as a sub. Same goes for Harmes. These guys play as vfl midfielders, yet when they come up they're stationed as half forwards or small forwards? Makes no sense.

I actually didn't think Tyson was that bad, certainly not worse than Watts or vandenBerg as a wingman. Brayshaw looks cooked, but I'd prefer he play at AFL level than VFL.

OUT: Dawes, Lumumba, Stretch

IN: Jamar, ANB, JKH

I know he didn't do much against Brisbane, but JKH needs afl exposure, and I'd much prefer him in the side to a Bail or Matt Jones for instance.

B: Jetta - Dunn - Howe

HB: Grimes - Garland - Cross

C: Tyson - Jones - vandenBerg

HF: Watts - McDonald - Brayshaw

F: Jamar - Hogan - Garlett

Foll: Gawn - Vince - Viney

I/c: Michie - JKH - Harmes

Sub: ANB

Lumumba has proven to be a dud.

In: Jamar, Neal-Bullen, Toumpas

Out: Dawes, Lumumba, Stretch

B: Garland Dunn Jetta

HB: Watts McDonald Cross

C: Tyson Michie Vince

HF: Brayshaw Hogan Neal-Bullen

F: Garlett Jamar Howe

Foll: Gawn Viney Jones

I/C: vandenBerg, Grimes, Toumpas

Sub: Harmes

I was almost tempted to put Dawes in there, but we need to send a message. Jamar can stand around and be tall just as well as he can.

• Like 1

In: Jamar, Neal-Bullen, Toumpas

Out: Dawes, Lumumba, Stretch

B: Garland Dunn Jetta

HB: Watts McDonald Cross

C: Tyson Michie Vince

HF: Brayshaw Hogan Neal-Bullen

F: Garlett Jamar Howe

Foll: Gawn Viney Jones

I/C: vandenBerg, Grimes, Toumpas

Sub: Harmes

I was almost tempted to put Dawes in there, but we need to send a message. Jamar can stand around and be tall just as well as he can.

Tough choice Jamar or Dawes.

That looks like deck chairs on the Titanic.

Honestly Jamar has never ever from memory been able to contribute much beyond ruck work at ball ups.

Fitzpatrick is a better chance if uninjured IMO

• Like 1

Tough choice Jamar or Dawes.

That looks like deck chairs on the Titanic.

Honestly Jamar has never ever from memory been able to contribute much beyond ruck work at ball ups.

Fitzpatrick is a better chance if uninjured IMO

Perhaps I misspoke. Jamar can stand around and be tall better than Dawes can.

You're right, though, Fitzy would be even better.

Dawes - 193cm

Jamar - 198cm

Fitzpatrick - 200cm

• Like 1

Irrespective of the changes we make, there isn't one player that can be brought in nor one player than can be dropped that would change the way the team plays.

Sure, there are players of lesser skill, and players of better skill, but no one player is going to make us a better "team" at this point.

I have no confidence in this game, or any game for the remainder of the season. Collingwood would lap up our center clangers and win by 5-6 goals again. Unless there is a major change to the team dynamic, no one change will have a direct influence on the outcome.

Irrespective of the changes we make, there isn't one player that can be brought in nor one player than can be dropped that would change the way the team plays.

Sure, there are players of lesser skill, and players of better skill, but no one player is going to make us a better "team" at this point.

I have no confidence in this game, or any game for the remainder of the season. Collingwood would lap up our center clangers and win by 5-6 goals again. Unless there is a major change to the team dynamic, no one change will have a direct influence on the outcome.

Probably correct but why should imcompotence be continually rewarded with games at the AFL level?

Probably correct but why should imcompotence be continually rewarded with games at the AFL level?

My point being that I would rather establish consistency with the team when there aren't any injuries. I think there is a clear issue in player's breaking down in knowing their role, and dropping players all the time for this team in particular could be detrimental to the club's plan of winning games and getting people to games.

Consistency is the next turning point for this club and it just can't turn the corner. Establishing a team and putting faith in players might actually help them play like a team, as opposed to playing like they hate one another.

Edited by praha
  • Like 1

B Howe, Dunn, Jetta

HB Lumumba, Garland, Grimes

C Watts, Vince, M Jones

HF Stretch, Hogan, Harmes

F T McDonald, Dawes, Garlett

Fol Gawn, Viney, N Jones

Int Tyson, Cross, Michie, Brayshaw (sub)

In: M Jones

Out: Vandenberg

• Dawes and Hogan are too slow to play in the same forward line, but we don’t have any depth and I don’t like the idea of two ruckmen.

• We don’t have enough pace and we need to pick some additional outside runners like M Jones, JKH and/or Hunt. I have just gone for Jones.

• Vandenberg is out of touch and needs a run in the VFL.

• Tyson’s kicking is poor, but the potential replacements are worse.

• Brayshaw needs a rest and starts as sub. Stretch probably needs a rest too, but that would make us slower.

• Tom McDonald starts forward for the rest of 2015.

I have changed my mind on Dawes and would also now swap him for Bail.

B Howe, Dunn, Jetta

HB Lumumba, Garland, Grimes

C Watts, Vince, M Jones

HF Stretch, Hogan, Harmes

F Bail, T McDonald, Garlett

Fol Gawn, Viney, N Jones

Int Tyson, Cross, Michie, Brayshaw (sub)

In: M Jones, Bail

Out: Vandenberg, Dawes

One major difference between Dawes and Jamar is that Dawes can run. He chases and tackles and he leads for marks. Jamar is better at pack marking and, of course, at rucking.

My preference is to play them both, and Gawn. Gawn should be better with proper back up; and Dawes should be better when he's not also forced to help Gawn out.

• Like 1

Regardless of who you bring in and personell etc

The big ins need to be

2 way running

100% effort

back yourself

2nd efforts

tackling pressure

Out:

waiting for a team mate to do it

not taking the 1st option

second guessing yourself

lack of run

• Like 4

One major difference between Dawes and Jamar is that Dawes can run. He chases and tackles and he leads for marks. Jamar is better at pack marking and, of course, at rucking.

My preference is to play them both, and Gawn. Gawn should be better with proper back up; and Dawes should be better when he's not also forced to help Gawn out.

Dawes chases but the only time he tackles is if someone is unlucky enough to run into his arms.

I would rather us go another small/medium and play Tommy Mc forward/ruck.

I certainly don't hate Michie but he doesn't really have any weapons at AFL level

He is a player who can win a decent amount of the ball, but doesn't do much with it, doesn't break lines and doesn't kick goals

I certainly don't hate Michie but he doesn't really have any weapons at AFL level

He is a player who can win a decent amount of the ball, but doesn't do much with it, doesn't break lines and doesn't kick goals

He never goes into the forward 50. His role appears to be positioned just outside, to be a defensive/rebounding mid. On Sunday he kicked a point from outside 50 and had 1 goal assist. He has 6 goal assists from 56% game time in 5 games. He goes at about 80% disposal efficiency, high for MFC and means we usually get another possession. I do agree that you don't notice him on game day and suddenly he has 20 touches. Interesting to note that at Casey he does not always have the same restrictions and has kicked a few goals. I would like to see him given a more attacking role.

• Like 2

Dawes chases but the only time he tackles is if someone is unlucky enough to run into his arms.

I would rather us go another small/medium and play Tommy Mc forward/ruck.

I must admit, I'm surprised we haven't yet tried Tom McDonald as the second ruck support. I would have thought he's in the Blicavs mould of someone who can run all day and as such would be worth trying.

Nevertheless, overall, I still prefer a proper second ruck option. My view is that the on-ball work is where a game is won or lost. Therefore, it's more important that your second ruck can really do that role properly and pinch hit forward rather than the other way around.

Whether that's Gawn plus Jamar or Gawn plus Spencer I'm not sure. Eventually it may turn out to be Gawn plus King.

He was fresh when everyone else has slogged away for 90 minutes.

If you dot look good under those conditions you never will.

I dont hate him but I never see anything much from him.

Also stats dont show how effective they were, he obviously had no big effect on the result . I am struggling with all the love for an ordinary player.

Look at the first qtr numbers. Cross, Dawes and Vince were the only ones who matched him. His DE was 78% with no clangers.

I know stats are not the be all and end all but it is one means of comparing similar roles and Viv's stats stack up very well against most of the mids. I think he should be put into an attacking role, rather than the heavy defense roles he has played this year. He was tagging Fyfe and Mitchell early in the year.

• Like 1

My point being that I would rather establish consistency with the team when there aren't any injuries. I think there is a clear issue in player's breaking down in knowing their role, and dropping players all the time for this team in particular could be detrimental to the club's plan of winning games and getting people to games.

Consistency is the next turning point for this club and it just can't turn the corner. Establishing a team and putting faith in players might actually help them play like a team, as opposed to playing like they hate one another

I have said it before. Pick a team from the players likely to be on the list next year and play them for the rest of the year. The season is gone so imo the results are secondary.This will give the FD

1. an idea of what we need from the draft (they should know already but 6 games left will confirm).

2. Chance to experiment with players in roles

3. Identify skill needs of the group and enable a detailed skill training regime for preseason.

4. Build a team bonding and trust in a core group which seems to be missing,

5 Restore some confidence in the players which is sadly lacking.

The focus has to be on next season and a new game plan.

Edited by Samael

TYLER ROOS!!!

He got the same amount of ball as JKH at Casey this week.

Regardless of who you bring in and personell etc

The big ins need to be

2 way running

100% effort

back yourself

2nd efforts

tackling pressure

Honouring Leads

Out:

waiting for a team mate to do it

not taking the 1st option

second guessing yourself

lack of run

Long Bombs

Pointless Sideways/Backwards Han Passes.

• Like 2

Salem has another week in the VFL with increased game time

Pedersen might play VFL later in the year...YEAY!!

Kent to face fitness test not playing anywhere this week

Frost is a month away...

Misson's full fitness reporthttp://demonland.com/forums/index.php?/topic/38761-changes-v-collingwood/page-5#entry1130098

So no new players available for selection this week.

Edited by Lucifer's Hero