Changes for Queens Birthday

I am not a teacher bing

But should'nt it be eternally ?

maybe.....maybe not :unsure:

To avoid being totally massacred (12 goals or more)...

OUT: Soft Cox & the bottom end of the NQRs

IN: Tough nuts & other marginally better NQRs (even if they have less perceived talent than the soft cok NQRs)

Good luck RN the available pool of In's is no better than the lot in last week.

Change for the sake of change I am afraid.

• Like 1

that is the unfortunate dilemma isnt it OD..I too concur with RNs idea but we have limited options....and why....because our list only has about 50% AFL grade players

• Like 1

Agree 'old dee', it's funny to see the love for Riley when not so long ago many called him out as too slow with more than poor delivery and no decision making skills. Can't run, can't kick and has no idea.

Saying this after the last fortnight simply shows your bias. The last two weeks Toumpas has shown great gut-running and increased courage.

That's the kind of improvement that warrants re-selection. Same with Grimes, he is showing an increased tendency to take the game on and not to resort to backwards/sideways dinky kicks that he isn't capable of executing. That kind of improvement should be rewarded at the moment.

McDonald's good, but I'm not sure he can take Cloke and Elliot at the same time...

Like all demon supporters (even PF) I hope Toumpas makes it and I don't consider myself to be a Toumpas "basher", but he didn't have a good game on Saturday. 8 kicks and 6 handballs at 57% DE and 1 tackle is hardly setting the world on fire.

IMO Toumpas lacks the pace required for such an outside player. He will never be very good on the inside due to his lack of size and strength and he panics when he gets the ball under pressure. This may be eradicated with experience and it will have to be if he is to play more than 50 games. Even in his good game against the Dogs he gave up an easy goal with a panic handball.

For this week I would prefer we go with Riley, Newton and Tyson.

Anyway, you are the last poster that should criticise another of bias given your open hatred of Lynden Dunn.

• Like 3

Like all demon supporters (even PF) I hope Toumpas makes it and I don't consider myself to be a Toumpas "basher", but he didn't have a good game on Saturday. 8 kicks and 6 handballs at 57% DE and 1 tackle is hardly setting the world on fire.

IMO Toumpas lacks the pace required for such an outside player. He will never be very good on the inside due to his lack of size and strength and he panics when he gets the ball under pressure. This may be eradicated with experience and it will have to be if he is to play more than 50 games. Even in his good game against the Dogs he gave up an easy goal with a panic handball.

For this week I would prefer we go with Riley, Newton and Tyson.

Anyway, you are the last poster that should criticise another of bias given your open hatred of Lynden Dunn.

I refuse to respond to Dazzlemans rhetoric but I will say this!

I responded RESPONDED to another posters view was that Jimmy Toumpas "Gut Running" and "Improved courage" were great improvements.

Ok well A player can do all the gut running he likes but if he doesn't run to correct position it might not result in a possession or even an advantage. That was my first point!

Second point I was responding to the notion that Somehow Jimmy Toumpas has magically improved his Courage over the past two weeks. Just think about this statement for a minute. Either you have got courage or you haven't . At AFL level this is a non negotiable! Why this was even brought up is beyond me. But because it was I commented on it. THAT IS MY PREROGATIVE!

FWIW I do not have it in for Jimmy Toumpas but I judge his footy on the basis of results. And in my opinion the results so far are on the negative side of the ledger!

I hope for his sake and the MFC we continue to see improvements in all areas. So shove your opinions Dazzle man to the dark side of the moon and uck of.

Don't like em don't read em!

As with every week it will be won and lost in the midfield

Which is a worry considering we will have to try and stop the likes of Swan, Pendlebury, Sidebottom. etc..

Even Taylor Adams averages more touches than anyone at the MFC

Edited by hogans_heroes

Agreed OD.

But the difference is you bring in NQRs who arent soft at the contest and just go hard at it no matter where we are in the game. The ability to crack in and have a dip is more inspiring than watching a few pretty boys running around on the outside waiting to be given the ball... and then in many cases still choosing the wrong options/fluffing their disposals.

The other NQRs will still fluff and choose poor options. Difference is you want NQRs who dont throw the towel in when the heat is on and will go back with 2nd 3rd efforts to try & rectify their own clangers.

The few real foorballers (and up and coming ones) we have in the team that have to play with them, will be more inspired by the latter than the soft cok NQRs who dont go when they need to and choose when they want to have a dip. Nothing more demoralising. And its something that a few of the decent players we have are also starting to display at times. It becomes catchy. And once it catches on amongst your better players... we are looking at a potential 186 revisited against the top 3 or 4.

Edited by Rusty Nails

Honestly I don't think a couple of player changes will make much, if any, difference. If the team come to play with some ferociousness and a willingness to compete, we will do well. We have shown this year that our best is very good. I believe this will be a line in the sand game for us and we will surprise many.

• Like 1

Honestly I don't think a couple of player changes will make much, if any, difference. If the team come to play with some ferociousness and a willingness to compete, we will do well. We have shown this year that our best is very good. I believe this will be a line in the sand game for us and we will surprise many.

You can talk all the "line in the sand" talk u like. If you're carrying soft cok passengers in the team... even just 1 or 2... forget it.

You need everyone on board with a kill or be killed approach and "showing it" with their actions for this to be effective. If Roos keeps playing the same present line up there will be no "line in the sand" moment for us THIS season. Just more losses/beltings by most from 12 to 5 and a few massacres against the top 3/4 if they decide to put their foot on our throat.

• Like 1

We've drawn enough lines in the sand for a beach volleyball tournament. Means nothing anymore.

• Like 1

OUT : Passengers , NQR and half at its!

INNS : Hard as nail grunters

Consideration outs: Watts, Bail, M Jones, Fitzpatrick, Howe, Toumpas

Consideration inns: Combination of Tyson, Riley, Newton, Jamar, Gawn, Neal Bullen, White, ( yes White ...elite kicking skills can find ball)

Apart from Tyson in, I have no idea what other changes could/should be made.

I just SOOOO want the team to put on an almighty effort, and make a real game of it. It may not carry the same level of rivalry that Melb/Coll games carried back when I was a lad. But, it's still THE rivalry in footy as far as I am concerned. For me, there are still two things that bring me pleasure -- one is Melb winning, and the other is Coll losing. When they happen in the same game, I am in "Dog Heaven"!

Oh, how I would LOVE to be in "Dog Heaven" this Monday arvo!!

And, to do it for Neale, would make it that extra bit special!

My dream is to see vision of Danners in the circle with the boys after a special win, singing the song with gusto!

(I can dream...!!!)

• Like 3

We've drawn enough lines in the sand for a beach volleyball tournament. Means nothing anymore.

You are right, of course, Stuie. There are only so many frank and honest conversations the players can have till they become meaningless. There are only so many times the coaches can lay it on the line before their words mean nothing.

However if you believe that Roos is going along the right path, then at some time the message will click. We are still 3 very good midfielders away from being a decent side but I believe an hard at it, competitive Melbourne side will be on show this Monday

Bring Riley and Tyson in if he's good to go. Against the likes of Pendlebery, Swan and Adams, we'll need our best clearance players in the middle.

All this irrational fear of Taylor Adams... The bloke goes at 60.6% disposal efficiency and averages over four clangers per game. He can have as much of the ball as he wants. Absolute butcher

Jimmy T stays.

Fantastic courage against the Dogs when he back pedalled to spoil, putting his body on the line AND he finds space.

He needs to learn some composure and that will come from team confidence and his own.

Jimmy showed "something" in that game and deserves some further match time to find his place, confidence and the pace of AFL. Only his 3rd season and last year was interrupted. At least another 2 pre seasons away (and a good 5 to 10kg) from potentially having a significant impact at this level on a consistent basis.

Let's hope he makes it.

• Like 1

Not sure I want so see another 10+ goal loss

Drinking Pino with my sister at Newham looks like an attractive alternative.

Put on your thinking cap od. Make it a celebratory Pinot with Sis after the game, and kill two birds with one stone.