• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Adam Goodes

picket fence

Actually, I worked in Halls Creek for 2 years. I got spat on walking to work, house spray painted and called a white "C" almost daily.

But of course Nasher, that's not racist.

(And I'm gay).

Of course it is...it doesn't make it right though does it?

Plays for frees, and is a protected species. Whinges to umpires constantly. Has been a sniper in the past.

Couldn't give a damn what his race is. He seems like a [censored] so I will boo him regardless.

The fact that riled up the crowd intentionally should be reportable, in my opinion. In soccer if a player does that they'll get a yellow card. Deserves a fine, at least.

From people that know him and his family that I know. He is a great bloke from a fantastic family.

You are implying that every single boo he receives, which is literally thousands, are all directed at him because of his race?! Rubbish. Some, perhaps. Most, no. So i guess Ballentine gets booed because he is white? Same with Crowley etc.

Plenty of other indigenous players playing tonight, Yarran, Jetta etc. Are they being booed? No.

I think Martin Flanagan said this right on the TV the other night. Yes there are many booing Goodes for reasons other than race (as many have mentioned) but unfortunately they are cover for the racists who are booing purely on his race.

• Like 2

Yeah, Goodes is just an utter plonker. What a way to quell the media circus by throwing them more peanuts.

Fark now all the commentators are just banging on and on about it, and that just what my Friday night needed, Matthew Richardson's expert analysis on this situation with assistance from the ginger one.

Opps I hope that was not racist.

Yeah, Goodes is just an utter plonker. What a way to quell the media circus by throwing them more peanuts.

Fark now all the commentators are just banging on and on about it, and that just what my Friday night needed, Matthew Richardson's expert analysis on this situation with assistance from the ginger one.

Opps I hope that was not racist.

You'd know.

• Like 1

Actually, I worked in Halls Creek for 2 years. I got spat on walking to work, house spray painted and called a white "C" almost daily.

But of course Nasher, that's not racist.

(And I'm gay).

Then you should know that Goodes getting called a monkey is as bigoted as someone calling you a white "C" or a derogatory comment because of your sexuality. Very surprised you can't see the booing is based on his Aboriginality.

• Like 1

I think Goodes hears boos mostly because he seems like a shite bloke.

I think any sort of racism is abhorrent, but I truly do think Goodes looked like King Kong on the poster, in a way that I don't think all indigenous people do.

Just like I don't think all white people look like John Candy.

But some do.

Eddie is a twit for saying it though.

• Like 1

I haven't been much of a fan of Goodes since I was at a game at the SCG and he snotted Simon Godfrey behind play.

That's my issue with him too - the fact that he got off was bizarre, not that I've got a long memory or anything.

But it's still way behind LOL COL Sylvia and his busted jaw in the NAB Cup.

all of them? no

most of them? no

some of them? yes

Then why did it not really start until he called out the young girl and started being mor evocal about racial issues?

I agree it is not all, but I would say it is most.

• Like 4

I'm still angry at him for this:

Thank you for posting an example of one of the many reasons that he gets booed.

Something like this isn't an isolated incident for Goodes.

It really seems like he has trouble controlling his emotions (as shown tonight).

• Like 2

Of course it's racist, but it's not systematic, nor is it your whole life.

It is systematic if he was living there with daily abuse. It only changed because he moved.

It might not have been for his whole life but it may have scared him for life.

Yes racism is a blight it the world, but everyone is guilty of it.

Vanilla responses change nothing, Adam's actions are only inflaming the already raging fire. If he had handled the situation differently via one of the many ways the AFL could have taken care of this. We would not all be on our soap boxes.

He is not liked by me, not because of his race, but because of his actions.

• Like 2

I'm being very honest here...l've watched footy for many years ..there has always been players from many nationalities playing our game and as Australia's population grows and becomes more diversified more nationalities will hopefully embrace our game. You admire certain skill sets that different players bring to the game and our indigenous players often bring that brilliance to the game that we all love. I am not a "booer" (Scully being an exception ) but I just don't like Adam Goodes. My observations ... Cowardly acts e.g Colin Garland SCG....and several others . I simply find him arrogant. Just my opinion. We are too quick as a "young nation" to label differing opinions as racist..,homophobic etc.....sometimes it's just simple......people don't like him & they boo. Who hasn't been to a game & heard Milne, Lindsay Thomas, Selwood, Buddy , Mitch Clark , Nick Riewoldt being booed. Don't agree with it...but it happens. Do we always have to be precious & pull out the racist line.....

• Like 4

Then you should know that Goodes getting called a monkey is as bigoted as someone calling you a white "C" or a derogatory comment because of your sexuality. Very surprised you can't see the booing is based on his Aboriginality.

The booing started because of his continuous staging for free kicks. He's since stopped it but continues to inflame things by having a sook about how people boo. If he learnt to shut up and just play footy I'm sure the booing would disappear. Everyone boo's Joel Selwod and Lindsay Thomas for staging but the just get on with it. Why can't Goodes?

As for the Aussie of the Year award, we all love to cut down the tall Poppy's, especially when they earn and accept accolades of any type without the true merit deserved of such an award. We applauded him for his Brownlow because he was clearly the fairest and best player in the competition.

It's a real shame either way that it's come down to this. A great deal of footy supporters are pretty rabid and pumped up at any game and when players react to get a rise from the crowd they only bring more pain on themselves which will continue for a period until it's forgotten about.

The booing is not racist. It's been brought about by how he played the game for a period of time and it was amplified by the incident with the young girl.

Goodes is booed because he was Australian of the Year and he didn't toe the party line and chant 'Aussie, Aussie, Aussie!'

He said some truths that made s lot of people very angry to hear.

An absolute champion of the game and a great of the modern era.

• Like 7

In 2012 Mark Murphy was fined $900 by the tribunal for giving the Collingwood cheer squad the bird.

Goodes' premeditated display of aggressive and menacing theatrics towards a section of the crowd was far more reprehensible and I expect to see him up before the tribunal this week....

....unless different standards are applied to footballers according to their colour.

And that would be racism, wouldn't it?

• Like 8

Apparently Goodes was being antagonised by a section of Blues scum at the ground. He decided to stick it right up them, good on him!!! I would've done the same thing.

not at all. he just said in an interview post-match, that he did it to display and celebrate his indigenous heritage, and honour the younger indigenous players who taught him it from there younger ranks. Which is absolutely fine, in my opinion.

I disagree with people saying that he is booed because he is indigenous, as i feel he is booed because he is an arrogant, [censored] etc.

The same as other plays are booed.

Edited by The Song Formerly Known As
  • Like 2

all of them? no

most of them? no

some of them? yes

A core are racists, the rest sheep.

Most of them are booing because of the booing publicity and they are just joining in with what people around them are doing. Sheep. However, I think the booing has clear racist undertones which has developed into a spectator trend at Swans games.

Having said that, the media have a lot to answer to on the issue. Ch 7 tonight went into a commentator frenzy about Goodes and the booing. And it's going to increase.

Edited by Moonshadow
  • Like 3

If there was nothing in it like Goodes and channel Seven are going on about after the game,what were the cops doing talking to the Carlton supporters? Seems like a cover up not to blow out another indigenous round with another Goodes outrage.