• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

THE SAGA CONTINUES - WADA APPEALS

Hird knows exactly what the players were given in my opinion ... and those with influence at the Essendon club will know that he knows all. The devil would be in the detail so it's best to keep that information suppressed. So, they're tied to him.

Cutting him loose before the final judgement from the CAS is high risk. If they do cut him loose then I'd expect a sizeable settlement and a confidential agreement to be signed off. He'll be well compensate [/quoted]

Yes he may well know what they took. Personally, I can't see how Essendon could benefit from tying him up legally, because it will all come out at CAS as witnesses are supenored and evidence comes forth under oath, including presumably Hird and Reid. Now I look forward to the cross examination of Hird and Reid by WADA's American lawyer - they will not be allowed to get away with the sorts of lies they have been peddling to the Australian press and what Hird put forward in his court cases.

There will be enough evidence there against Hird for ASADA to not only issue infraction notices against him, but also for Essendon to fire him without compensation IMHO. To move on him before the finding will only make themselves liable foe further compensation. It makes no sense. Mind you, nothing in this saga does!

Dees2014, what makes you think that Hird and Reid will be called to/allowed to be witnesses?

And how are they relevant to the specific appeal against the players or Danks?

I would have thought if ASADA had a skerrick of evidence against Hird and Reid they would have already used it.

Keep in mind WADA can bring in new evidence only if it was not known at the time of the AFL Tribunal.

Don't see it happening, tbh.

• Like 1

Funny how ess lose few games in a row, win, and now they have won five, we lose to them and we continue to lose and nobody cares.

If ess had of lost to Melb the media would have been right up ess . You know "how could you lose to Melb" etc.

If we had of won it would have been "so what, you only beat half a team".

That is because we have been easy beats for so long that when you lose to the MFC it is a shock.

We are only half a team

Yes I seem to recollect that sort of "your an aloof bunch of b's" back when I started barracking for us in the 50s.

It seemed like a good idea at the time of the Olympics, watching winners, and I didn't really mind.

• Like 1

Yes I seem to recollect that sort of "your an aloof bunch of b's" back when I started barracking for us in the 50s.

It seemed like a good idea at the time of the Olympics, watching winners, and I didn't really mind.

And I would not mind now willmoy

I would to be as hated as Hawthorn

• Like 1

Hird knows exactly what the players were given in my opinion ... and those with influence at the Essendon club will know that he knows all. The devil would be in the detail so it's best to keep that information suppressed. So, they're tied to him.

Cutting him loose before the final judgement from the CAS is high risk. If they do cut him loose then I'd expect a sizeable settlement and a confidential agreement to be signed off. He'll be well compensated.

Keep your friends close but your enemy's closer. Sun Tzu

Yes he may well know what they took. Personally, I can't see how Essendon could benefit from tying him up legally, because it will all come out at CAS as witnesses are supenored and evidence comes forth under oath, including presumably Hird and Reid. Now I look forward to the cross examination of Hird and Reid by WADA's American lawyer - they will not be allowed to get away with the sorts of lies they have been peddling to the Australian press and what Hird put forward in his court cases.

There will be enough evidence there against Hird for ASADA to not only issue infraction notices against him, but also for Essendon to fire him without compensation IMHO. To move on him before the finding will only make themselves liable foe further compensation. It makes no sense. Mind you, nothing in this saga does!

I very much doubt they can even subpoena anyone actually. CAS themselves distinguish between punitive and arbitration processes, so why wouldn't the Supreme Court, especially in light of recent decision. That is what you're talking about right? It's a bit hard to tell

Keep your friends close but your enemy's closer. Sun Tzu

Along those lines anyway ...more so clam up, play dumb, deny everything & stick pat.

To me there's no question that Hird knows what the players were given ... he was the coach overseeing proceedings.

So they walk across the road on numerous occasions to receive copious injections of various substances under his watch and he doesn't know what they were given?

Why would anyone buy that bs story? He knows all and so do many others.

Edited by Macca
  • Like 4

Ordinary people!

According to Chip

During the AFL negotiations with Hird (2013) Tania told Gillon: "you are a disgrace and so is your organization", you disgust me!".

So now at last Hirdy has taken aim himself at the head AFL Honcho (regardless of any non-disparagement clause in the "settlement"!)

I wonder if he is modelling his strategy on Malthouse . . . Hey Little! dare you to sack me?

Many seem to forget it was Hirds experience and vicarious relationships with the shadowy dodgy chemist types which got the whole ball rolling in the first place. The programme was his baby. He liaised with Dank and such and it would stretch logic beyond breaking that he didnt know what was being jabbed.

Be like a conductor not knowing the music

• Like 2

Many seem to forget it was Hirds experience and vicarious relationships with the shadowy dodgy chemist types which got the whole ball rolling in the first place. The programme was his baby. He liaised with Dank and such and it would stretch logic beyond breaking that he didnt know what was being jabbed.

Be like a conductor not knowing the music

... and if the players know that Hird knows what they were given, wouldn't they feel compelled to ask Hird what they were injected with? Especially after 2 and a half years ... wouldn't they also ask Hird where the records of what they were given are?

These are just ordinary, natural questions ... yet, the public have been fed this fabrication of lies, deceit, spin and what-not of naive statements that the players are so-called "victims" ... it's just rot, total rot. Of course Hird would have worked with Dank with regards the whole injection program. - it stands to reason. Yet many genuinely believe otherwise.

The most annoying bit for me has been the public's reaction - where there should be total outrage right across the board, there hasn't been. Again, if this was an overseas sport involving another club, that outrage would be there by default. There would be almost zero sympathy and the 'victim card' would be dismissed out of hand.

And Essendon and the AFL have fed off that lack of public outrage. The large majority have wanted this whole saga to go away from the word go almost certainly because they don't want their sport tainted like many other sports around the world are - that's my take on it anyway.

• Like 4

There were a dozen or so players from Essendon's list (at the time) who weren't listed amongst the 34 who were given infraction notices. Of course, identifying who these players are is important because our media might one day decide to ask these players why they weren't given infraction notices.

Those players who apparently didn't transgress the drug code might be questioned as such ...

• Were you afraid of needles like Zaharakis supposedly was?
  • Did you in fact know what you were going to be injected with and said no?
  • Were you not inclined to walk across the road to the anti-aging clinic to get hundreds of injections in the stomach with "unknown" substances? If so, why not be a part of it?
  • Were you concerned that these unknown substances might have been PED's so as a consequence, you weren't prepared to risk your career by taking these substances?
  • Did you know from the start that a number of these substances were in fact PED's and you wanted no part of it?
  • Did you challenge those players who did happily agree to have copious quantities of these substances injected into their bodies?
  • Did you challenge those responsible for creating and administering the injection program? If not, why not?
  • Do you regard those 34 players who did undertake and agree to the injection program as being "innocent victims?"

The 34 players issued with infraction notices

Essendon's 2011 list

Essendon's 2012 list

Edited by Macca

Old hirdy fell off his bike On the way home tonight. In hospital with severe concussion.

"Fell off". Right. Are there any lengths the AFL will not go to to, to silence this brave campaigner for truth and justice?

But not even their hit men can overcome the protective powers of 3 Anzac day medals.

I can see Gill in his lair right now, pursing his lips and drumming his fingertips together, saying "Why am I surrounded by fools and incompetents?"

• Like 7

Old hirdy fell off his bike On the way home tonight. In hospital with severe concussion.

Must refrain from making tour de lance, or lucky his hair protected him comment.

But in all seriousness i hope hes ok.

Not his fault, of course

• Like 6

What sane human decides riding in today's conditions (for 65km, no less) is a good idea anyway? The mind boggles.

It seems he is spending the night in hospital under observation. Let's hope he makes a full recovery; we need to hear his side of the story, after all.

Edited by Lamashtu
  • Like 1

mrp expected to hand out a 2 match ban to hird's bicycle

afl spokesman said we are committed to protecting the head and take all cases of concussion very seriously

dr reid said the concussion has caused hird a loss of all memory since 2011

asked why he rode his bike from tullamarine to toorak hird said he was inspired by lance armstrong

Edited by daisycutter
  • Like 5

mrp expected to hand out a 2 match ban to hird's bicycle

afl spokesman said we are committed to protecting the head and take all cases of concussion very seriously

dr reid said the concussion has caused hird a loss of all memory since 2011

asked why he rode his bike from tullamarine to toorak hird said he was inspired by lance armstrong

Don't be ridiculous. Everyone knows bicycles don't have suspensions

• Like 2

Dees2014, what makes you think that Hird and Reid will be called to/allowed to be witnesses?

And how are they relevant to the specific appeal against the players or Danks?

I would have thought if ASADA had a skerrick of evidence against Hird and Reid they would have already used it.

Keep in mind WADA can bring in new evidence only if it was not known at the time of the AFL Tribunal.

Don't see it happening, tbh.

WADA can bring in what ever new evidence they want, from when ever they want. This doesn't run by the normal rules of evidence in appeals.

I'm sorry Mr WADA but I don't recall, you see I fell off my bike was concussed now I can't remember anything.

No Mr WADA everything we gave them was koscher and legal.

No I have no memory of a Mr Charter convicted drug trafficker and my personal fitness coach.

Sorry Mr WADA I don't remember taking banned drugs that gave me priapism, Tania might.

But Mr WADA everything was legal and some of it cures cancer.

Sounds like an Alan Bond defence coming to a court near you.

• Like 1