Open Mike: Todd Viney

Grapeviney

I'd love to see the toump come up to AFL level and play a blinder, partially to see this thread explode, but mostly because we desperately need him too!

• Like 5

Disagree. The system screwed us, sure, and Adelaide got the better run. But we'd still would have needed to play North in the GF and we just didn't match up well against them.

2002 was a bigger miss. Pundits before the finals series were saying that we were the best Victorian chance to beat Brisbane, and we were. We smashed North in the first week, and should have destroyed the Crows. We were down by 40 at quarter time and came back in two of the best quarters I've ever seen this club play. In the 4th it was a tussle and we lost. THAT was the one that got away. I reckon we'd have beaten the Pies in the Prelim and had a real crack at the Lions.

Spot on Praha, best 2 quarters I have seen, such a pity we couldn't carry it on in the last.

different area of the club entirely..Back to Melbourne Demons

You do not need Corporate sponsorship to identify a players attitude to hard work

PJ is doing a mighty job starting at Ground Zero that is not in question

ahhh but you need sponsorship, gate receipts, memberships to raise money ... to pay for development coaches, Roos, Goodwin and others dont work for nothing.

ahhh but you need sponsorship, gate receipts, memberships to raise money ...to pay for fitness staff, medical staff etc good people dont work for nothing.

ahhh but you need sponsorship, gate receipts, memberships to raise money ... to pay for more recruiting staff, Pro-Scouts, drafting experts etc - so one person is not making all the decisions and doing most of the work.

ahhh but you need sponsorship, gate receipts, memberships to raise money ..... win lose or draw.

diffrent era - if you dont know the AFL is calling the shots ... now I wonder why??? How is the preparation going for your AGM questions and how you are going to vote ... oh but wait a minute.

ahhh but thats right according to you its all the players fault because "they are not trying" .... bulldust.

• Like 1

Reading this thread from start to finish makes me realise what a sad, sad bunch of people we all are...

tumblr_lqlsktNb001qli2abo1_400.gif

Is that Leo or that chick from Harry Potter?

I agree, it's almost unreadable, it's like a bad car crash, I shouldn't and don't want to but I just have to look.

hate to be a killjoy but Toumpas was not mentioned once

There is a very good chance that Toumpas wouldn't have been mentioned in this thread if the thread wasn't derailed

The issue is the recruiters trying to put the draftees in an order where that order will be accurate 5 years down the track

It's an impossible task

Exactly. Look at Stringer. Plenty of "I told you so's" around now, but at the time, no-one knew if he could come back from a badly broken leg or not. So, come draft time, caution prevailed and he slipped a little.

Exactly. Look at Stringer. Plenty of "I told you so's" around now, but at the time, no-one knew if he could come back from a badly broken leg or not. So, come draft time, caution prevailed and he slipped a little.

My argument on drafting also is firmly pointed at the totally unnecessary lashing out at the club, the recruiters and the players involved.

If it doesn't work out for Toumpas that lashing out will be pointed in his direction (almost by default) It's happened to TJ, McLean, Sylvia, Watts, Morton & Trengove.

Not nearly enough people here will blame the system

• Like 1

Wyl

I've never called the draft a "complete" lottery ... there are many truths to the draft

The issue is the recruiters trying to put the draftees in an order where that order will be accurate 5 years down the track

It's an impossible task

But the industry pays its recruiters handsomely in the belief they can crystal ball it. Much like those grossly over paid fund managers saying they can beat the index average year in year out. Yes there are some truths, the odds are there is a gun somewhere in the first round, more so than the second round etc. but you can't predict pick one will be better than two etc.

• Like 1

But the industry pays its recruiters handsomely in the belief they can crystal ball it. Much like those grossly over paid fund managers saying they can beat the index average year in year out. Yes there are some truths, the odds are there is a gun somewhere in the first round, more so than the second round etc. but you can't predict pick one will be better than two etc.

if you are interested earl i know a guy who sells an unbeatable punting system

guaranteed to work and reasonably priced

he also has some cheap bridges for sale

he has an office at the gatwick

• Like 1

Wanting a player to be better than he can be is one thing but basing that thinking on a top end draft pick number is just silly (unless one has an unwavering belief in our current drafting system)

Often these same people will claim the draft is a lottery when someone like T-Mac is snared with a late pick

You can't have it both ways

Those grapes were sour anyway WYL.

Sounds legit to me DC send through the contact number. I can then unload the superfund dollars and pump the money into this iron clad punting system. I can then retire early, I haven't time to wait for compound interest to do its thing. That is too boring.

I'm sorry DC, what do you mean he has some cheap bridges to sell, I bought them last week, I think, maybe, geezzzz what will i tell the missus?