POST MATCH DISCUSSION - Round 4

Demonland

Ye Hawthorn/Fremantle fans on bigfooty saying that they will snatch Hogan in a couple years time after we develop him a bit. Enrages me.

He signed an extension last year and is ours until the end of 2017, at least. By then Hawthorn and Fremantle would have had their time in the sun.

Ye Hawthorn/Fremantle fans on bigfooty saying that they will snatch Hogan in a couple years time after we develop him a bit. Enrages me.

If we keep building and start playing finals footy that won't happen. It's totally up to the club to create an environment where our team can grow and hopefully play GF's in the near future. If hawthorn poach anymore players I will absolutely explode! I'm sick of them and don't want to see them win another flag!

• Like 1

Another thing I enjoyed last night was when Brayshaw got flattened on the tigs bench and he just got straight back up and ran to the stoppage ready to contest it. He didnt stay down and throw the arms back like danger did last week. Also how good is his tackling. They just stick.

On the radio last night they asked Jones what he said to the players on the ground after the game when they were in a huddle and he basically said after the Gc win we have have got caught up in it and got a little to excited about it for a few days and there was a let down the week after and he doesnt want it to happen this week.

• Like 8

Might go to bed and tap the wife on the shoulder

Hope you went better than me. But then she is never too receptive at 4 am.

The only small worry I have is Dom Tyson. Time and time again he gets tackled and flung around and when there is a teammate there to give off the handball he just holds on to it. Very frustrating he did this about 5 times last night. I really don't understand why he does that.

Noticed he played forward all last Qtr with a bandaged knee. Hope its nothing too serious.

Again.. VIV F$#KING MICHIE!

• Like 1

Another thing I enjoyed last night was when Brayshaw got flattened on the tigs bench and he just got straight back up and ran to the stoppage ready to contest it. He didnt stay down and throw the arms back like danger did last week. Also how good is his tackling. They just stick.

I remember thinking it was a tough knock on Brayshaw and wondering how he'd deal with it, looking for him on the ground and then seeing in the replay that he bounced straight back up. So good! Reminded me of Salem when a similar thing happened to him last year. Gotta love that toughness, it's exactly what we need and have lacked. And those are some sticky tackles. Great to see him evade the vest.

I feel like Hogan and Brayshaw are leaders and will take it upon themselves to lift the club rather than jump ship if we go off course. I think it was last week in Adelaide I saw Brayshaw pulling captain Jones aside from the 3QT melee. He's got a big heart and he's not afraid of anyone.

I can't decide who I'm more excited about, Brayshaw or Hogan.

• Like 1

And hell yeah Viv Michie. Been waiting to see what we have in Michie and after a full preseason he looks the goods. Feels like we have depth with those types of inclusions.

I'm also very pumped about ANB, seemed very mature and confident in his chat with Burgs. Nice to have some genuine prospects on the list.

A point of concern from recent weeks: Ben Newton's tackle counts in our last three: 3, 0, 0. Lay a tackle Benny!! Zero against Adelaide was very poor.

Dom's had a slow start to the year, hopefully he finds some form soon.

Edited by G-max
  • Like 1

Did anyone else see the great one handed contested mark by Dawes in the thundering rain inthe 3rd quarter!!!

Yes kudo to Dawes I have been very critical of him lately but he stuck it right up me last night.

He was incredibly clean below his knees in the wet for such a big guy.

On ya Dawesy.

• Like 4

I remember thinking it was a tough knock on Brayshaw and wondering how he'd deal with it, looking for him on the ground and then seeing in the replay that he bounced straight back up. So good! Reminded me of Salem when a similar thing happened to him last year. Gotta love that toughness, it's exactly what we need and have lacked. And those are some sticky tackles. Great to see him evade the vest.

Anybody else feel like Nathan Jones looks at Brayshaw and sees a mini-me version of himself? Based on TDI's training reports and a few little moments in last night's telecast, it definitely seems like a bond is developing between those two.

• Like 3

On the radio last night they asked Jones what he said to the players on the ground after the game when they were in a huddle and he basically said after the Gc win we have have got caught up in it and got a little to excited about it for a few days and there was a let down the week after and he doesnt want it to happen this week.

Yes!! First thing I thought is we have our own Lenny Hayes here. I remember seeing vision not long ago of a very similar hit by Glen Archer on a young Hayes and Hayes just got up with no fuss.

Brayshaw is our Lenny!

• Like 2

Anybody else feel like Nathan Jones looks at Brayshaw and sees a mini-me version of himself? Based on TDI's training reports and a few little moments in last night's telecast, it definitely seems like a bond is developing between those two.

Master and apprentice. I noticed it too, their chemistry is electric :)

• Like 3

Also enjoyed how Jonesy was the first one to Brayshaw after he kicked his goal

• Like 1

I don't wish to start a new thread so will post this here. Many of us last night found that we couldn't get into the MCG because the scanning system malfunctioned and couldn't read MFC membership cards. I was outside gate 1 at 6.15pm and people were getting very irate as the minutes ticked over.

I just received an email from the club with this:

"I would like to thank you for attending our game at the MCG last night and I hope you enjoyed the win.

As you are no doubt aware, at 6:00pm last night the stadium's access control system experienced a major issue which interrupted the scanning of Melbourne FC members' barcodes, preventing access to the stadium. Unfortunately this problem was completely out of the Club's hands and we worked hard with the ticketing agent and the stadium to resolve the issue as quickly as we could. The problem was identified immediately, however was not rectified until 6:45pm.

We are extremely disappointed that this issue occurred and the Club sincerely apologises for the inconvenience this caused you as you arrived at the stadium for the game. I assure you that we have requested a full review of the issue. We will be working very closely with the stadium and ticketing agent to ensure that this issue does not reoccur.

Thank you again for your ongoing support of the Club and I hope to see you at the MCG again next Sunday afternoon.

Kind Regards,

Jane McGough

We are often quick to criticise the club but here kudos are due to Jane and her team, Firstly, that the club acknowledged the problem and secondly that it communicated with members almost immediately is very much appreciated by this member. (By the time we had comprehensively beaten the tigers and played our best 4qtr game in years, the scanning system problem was forgotten. :cool: )

Well done Jane & team, MFC and our fabulous players. Great result all round!.

• Like 6

Angus Bradshaw is fast becoming my favourite player, what a pick up!

Little disappointed in that I felt we had a chance to really sink the boots in but didn't

They were out on their feet in the last with one less player second half. It was clear the last half of the quarter was planned to preserve the lead and not do anything stupid.

Kent is going to be a big loss, I thought he set the tone for us early when we were looking a little flat. Uses his pace very well and his aggression is something we have lacked for a while. And some muppets around here wanted him dropped lol.

• Like 6

I do like Kent...he's got verve.

• Like 3

Anyone know where to watch the replay online - an alternative to afl.com.au, which doesn't require you to be a Telstra customer.

YouTube. If it's not up yet it will be

Watched the game live, watched the replay until 1.30am, went to the dawn service and then watched the replay again - Love it!

And we won them all. Commitment plus.

• Like 1

What I loved about that vid was Bradshaw mentioning his goal kicking comp with Jones after training every day and then Jones coming up before he kicks it to tell him he should kick it due to all the practice. If I was Bradshaw I would be following Jones around like a second shadow.

Nathan Jones you are a true captain!

Edited by Young Dee
  • Like 3