Changes for Round 2

Nasher

I'm gonna go against the status quo and say only Dawes in for Toumpas.

Vince has almost no pre season behind him and barely any real game time. Give him another week at Casey for match fitness and form, then bring him cherry ripe and with a better idea of who is not playing well

Edited by Hellfish
  • Like 10

Vince as almost no pre season behind him and barely any real game time. Give him another week at Casey for match fitness and form, then bring him cherry ripe and with a better idea of who is not playing well

don't mind this actually.

• Like 1

Vince has almost no pre season behind him and barely any real game time. Give him another week at Casey for match fitness and form, then bring him cherry ripe and with a better idea of who is not playing well

lol

That is an interesting mindset.

At some point, hopefully, we will have multiple games - it could be next week - where no-one is 'not playing well' but you still have best 22 players to bring back...

there's absolutely no way dawes won't come back in. if we thought hogan was impressive today, wait til he's not the first marked man.

in: vince and dawes

out: toumpas and...i have nfi who, but dawes is a must!

He will always be the first marked man. Sorry 'Andrew' but oppo coaches will know who is most dangerous and for me it is Hogan and Watts ahead of Dawes.

• Like 2

Garland went off injured late in the game. If he doesn't pull up then for me it's:

OUT: Toumpas, Garland (inj)

IN: Vince, Dawes

Frosty to stay in the backline and do backup ruck duties again.

• Like 1

Seeing Garland smile and jump around in the team circle means he will be gone. Besides he always limps after the game. Toumpas and JKH out for Vince and Dawes.

I hate having too many talls though...stifles ball movement too much. I reckon only Vince in; let Dawes earn his spot like Vince did in the VFL.

Toump out and Vince in. If Dawes comes in then it will most likely be Frost who is dropped. I would rather Dawes force his way back into the team rather than be gifted games. Frost would be very stiff if dropped.

Edit: If Garland is injured then Dawes comes in.

Edited by Demon Jack

We need to be careful with our selections.

We had the right mix up forward today, and dropping someone like JKH for Dawes would muck it up in my opinion. We had those small forwards buzzing around, kicking goals and putting on pressure and by bringing in a tall for a small we have the risk of mucking that up.

Dawes may still find his way into the side, possibly for Frost or Garland if he is injured, but other than that it would be Vince for Toumpas.

• Like 2

Who are these people calling for Frost to be dropped, and why didn't they watch the game today?!

Not certain anyone gets 'dropped' from the 21.

But a couple might have to 'make way'...

We need to be careful with our selections.

We had the right mix up forward today, and dropping someone like JKH for Dawes would muck it up in my opinion. We had those small forwards buzzing around, kicking goals and putting on pressure and by bringing in a tall for a small we have the risk of mucking that up.

Dawes may still find his way into the side, possibly for Frost or Garland if he is injured, but other than that it would be Vince for Toumpas.

absolutely.

We beat GC for speed and i'll double up against GWS.

Kent, Garlett, JHK and Frost were buzzing.

I still think they'll bring in Dawes and Vince for Toump and maybe JHK.

In: Vince, Dawes

Out: Toumpas, Frost

I advocated keeping Toumpas previously, but I can't see who else could go out on that performance. Despite the fumble I still think he's stiff.

Frost for Dawes only on team balance only. It has to be a tall and there are no other candidates. Don't know who rucks for 5 mins per quarter though. Hogan?

In: Vince, Dawes, Gawn

Out: Toumpas, Frost, ??

We got beaten in the ruck today at crucial periods, and big Max absolutely starred in the twos. It will be a hard selection table.

In: Vince, Dawes, Gawn

Out: Toumpas, Frost, ??

We got beaten in the ruck today at crucial periods, and big Max absolutely starred in the twos. It will be a hard selection table.

3 changes? To a team that won? By a coach known for not making many changes?......

Garland went off injured late in the game. If he doesn't pull up then for me it's:

OUT: Toumpas, Garland (inj)

IN: Vince, Dawes

Frosty to stay in the backline and do backup ruck duties again.

I'm with my mate Stu here. If Garland is injured then the above selection is the way to go.

If Garland is OK then Vince for Toump is a certainty. Dawes will come in but Frost is just too useful to omit so I'm thinking JKH or Kent out but man ups against GWS will have to be considered.

Edited by Bitter but optimistic
  • Like 2

Cross is a hack- no better than Mckenzie.

There I said it.

Cross is a hack- no better than Mckenzie.

There I said it.

Such a hack that he won a B and F at the Doggies and represented Australia

Was also one of our best today and all last season

PS . You're a fool

Edited by hogans_heroes
  • Like 7