• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

AFL - Round 1 (non MFC games)

What

And when he kicks a bag against us in round 21, I will remember your statement.

He can kick a bag. But the following week he would go missing.

Exactly the sort of player we don't need.

He is a great mark if he times his run correctly and gets good delivery.

Otherwise, below average in 1v1. Poor once the ball hits the deck.

• Like 1

The Blues are mediocre.

Looking at their list I'd be interested in luring only 5 to the Dees: Docherty, Henderson (as a CHB), Jaksch, Yarran and Menzel.

Most of the rest are Jack Dyer Good Ordinary Footballers.

Jaksch is a nothing footballer, another VFL level player. Poor recruiting by the Blues.

Yarran is one of the most frustrating players in the game, flashes of brilliance but very, very lazy.

Would love Henderson at CHB though

Two highlights for me:

1. The crowd. Four nights after a 93,000 crowd for the Cricket World Cup, another 83,000 show up for the footy! Incredible!

2. Even more incredible was the work the grounds staff did, in ripping out the wickets and replacing the centre square, all in just four days. And, the ground looked magnificent! Well done to all concerned!

• Like 7

Macintosh looks a jet. Tall, strong, fast and a good disposer of the ball.

101 fantasy points too, loving it.

I hope Jack Watts was watching Macintosh last night.

He had the right attitude. Will be interesting to see if he is good enough once all clubs have studied his game.

It's funny that the thought of him in a red and blue guernsey would have all on here salivating.

I like him, he crashes packs and is mobile around the contest .i

Wait, let me get this straight - are you trying to suggest that supporters on here would be salivating at the thought of Liam Jones playing for us?

You're having a laugh. A total spud of a footballer. Thankfully the footy department thinks the same and clearly wouldn't go near him with a 50 foot pole.

• Like 1

Please. Liam Jones played 5 minutes of football last night.

Watching carlton last night from the half way point of the 2nd Q was just the same as watching us over the last 8 years

They have no forward line. For some reasons they sold it all

Is Mick sabotaging that club? Their recruitment is downright bizarre, very Melbournesque. Why on earth have they let all their forwards go?

Thoroughly overrated midfield too. Gibbs has secured his future now and doesn't have to push himself anymore. Murphy isn't a very inspiring captain either. I'd take Jonesy over him any day of the week.

I reckon we'll beat them comfortably if our defence can maintain consistency this year.

• Like 1

Please. Liam Jones played 5 minutes of football last night.

Watching carlton last night from the half way point of the 2nd Q was just the same as watching us over the last 8 years

They have no forward line. For some reasons they sold it all

Josh Kennedy would be terrific in their forward line right now. Carlton would never want to turn back time on the Chris Judd trade but their forward line has lacked that good key forward for years now.

Is Mick sabotaging that club? Their recruitment is downright bizarre, very Melbournesque. Why on earth have they let all their forwards go?

Thoroughly overrated midfield too. Gibbs has secured his future now and doesn't have to push himself anymore. Murphy isn't a very inspiring captain either. I'd take Jonesy over him any day of the week.

I reckon we'll beat them comfortably if our defence can maintain consistency this year.

There is something weird going on

They were a far better side under Ratten

Maybe Mick is seriously losing the plot

Eddie may have been correct...maybe

Edited by Sir Why You Little

Where are their future stars? They have no Salem, no Hogan, their midfield has no spark. There is no Viney, no Tyson. They have a bland mix and a boring team.

• Like 1

Carlton were awful and the fact that Richmond started like that is so...Richmond.

Judd, Murphy, and Gibbs.

That is a midfield that makes one shiver in their boots...in 2010.

They don't have a forward line and the way they were bashing it forward in hope was admirable but rhapsodic and ancient.

All in all - I enjoyed it!

• Like 4

Blues will finish 12th or 13th.

Shocking recruiting.

Liam Jones? Really??

Liam Jones was a panic recruitment by the Blues. They knew they needed a tall forward and he was the best they could get their hands on.

But what else do they have to work with outside of Henderson? Sam Rowe? Levi Casboult? Totally mediocre players, and Kreuzer only plays 5 games a year. They are in trouble.

• Like 2

There is something weird going on

They were a far better side under Ratten

Maybe Mick is seriously losing the plot

Eddie may have been correct...maybe

Mick is only interested in Mick. His ego won't let him retire gracefully. Thank God we didn't go down that track.

• Like 2

Oh dear, Carlton lost one of their better players in the first few minutes and had to give a lot of game time to a first gamer, their structures got thrown out, but they hung in, Richmond were not much better. Once their forward line gets used to playing together the better, number of times Henderson and Jones ran to same spot, and they need a decent crumber

I wish I had a dollar for every young midfielder who made a big impact in their first game - Gysberts anybody? I'd be more concerned with the games of Cotchin, Martin, Gibbs, Murphy if I coached either team

What has Dale Thomas actually given the Blues since he's been there? Overpaid spud that guy is.

He was Mick's boy and jumped at the chance to follow him to Carlton. It would be hard to find a Blues fan who could argue that Daisy has made anything close to a positive contribution so far.

Stiff with the shoulder injury last night. If it's bad most of his season is gone.

• Like 1

He was Mick's boy and jumped at the chance to follow him to Carlton. It would be hard to find a Blues fan who could argue that Daisy has made anything close to a positive contribution so far.

Stiff with the shoulder injury last night. If it's bad most of his season is gone.

If he had concentrated on landing correctly instead of staging for a free kick he would not have sustained the injury. Another example of current day players not protecting themselves whilst looking for free kicks.