Dion Prestia

50 minutes ago, beelzebub said:

PF  Strangely ( though some might find not so ) I'm not one to automatically dispense your utterances to the bin. We all have things to share and inform. However to not consider  Jeff White and especially Peter Moore as A+ graders does your publishing no good errand.

They had to re WRITE the rules ffs to counter White he was do demonstrably at the sharp end.  Peter Moore one of the very rare transplants into Melbourne.   A gem of a player and even respected when filthy !!

Happy to offer your credibility to these statements Beezle, I can agree to some aspects of your insights! 

PF

I strongly believe dion will nominate mfc as his preffered destination and the club will work out a deal without selling the farm.

• Like 8

21 minutes ago, Abe said:

I strongly believe dion will nominate mfc as his preffered destination and the club will work out a deal without selling the farm.

And your beliefs are based on nothing. Thanks for sharing.

• Like 1

and it would be seem that our trajectory seems better than Richmond's...but all the optimists need to realise we have won the same number of games as them this season. I have faith that we are a better prospect for Dion, but the tigers may have other recruits in pipeline that a long with Dion can help Martin, Cotchin, Rance and Riewoldt (better a graders than ours) up the ladder. 

You mean those super-damaging 30 possessions Cotchin racks up in loss after loss? :)

Worst captain in the league by far.

I hope Dion chooses us, especially for the family connection element. Christ, if the Bulldogs can keep all their young stars AND pay a total spud forward $1.5m this year and next, we sure as hell can afford to add Dion to our list. Don't forget Dawes will be taking a significant pay cut this year, along with several other ordinary players who aren't quite cutting the mustard.

5 minutes ago, SaberFang said:

You mean those super-damaging 30 possessions Cotchin racks up in loss after loss? :)

Worst captain in the league by far.

I hope Dion chooses us, especially for the family connection element. Christ, if the Bulldogs can keep all their young stars AND pay a total spud forward $1.5m this year and next, we sure as hell can afford to add Dion to our list. Don't forget Dawes will be taking a significant pay cut this year, along with several other ordinary players who aren't quite cutting the mustard.

Dawes, Grimes, Terlich, M Jones all either big pay cut or delisted.

This may have been covered somewhere else in this topic, but doesn't trading away our first round picks at last year's trade table devalue our currency and therefore our ability to get such deals done?  Interested in others thoughts/observations.

Given the family connections to the MFC, I think we would be Dion's preferred option, but I am just unsure how we could get the deal done.

A 2017 and beyond midfield of  N Jones, Vince, Viney, Brayshaw, Tyson, Petracca, Prestia, Oliver, Vandenberg, Salem, Stretch.....   that would be incredible.

Still not convinced we will be able to get Prestia without our first rounder though. Doubt the Suns would be too keen on taking a future 1st rounder off us if thats all they could get of value, they will want an immediate replacement player or very high pick in this draft.

We may need to engineer a 3 team trade.

Edited by Petraccattack
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Petraccattack said:

A 2017 and beyond midfield of  N Jones, Vince, Viney, Brayshaw, Tyson, Petracca, Prestia, Oliver, Vandenberg, Salem.....   that would be incredible.

Still not convinced we will be able to get Prestia without our first rounder though. Doubt the Suns would be too keen on taking a future 1st rounder off us if thats all they could get of value, they will want an immediate replacement player or very high pick in this draft.

We may need to engineer a 3 team trade.

That midfield minus Prestia had delivered us 6 wins and 7 losses. 

I'm not so sure about "increadible", although I would be excited to get Dion to sign with us for sure.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, mo64 said:

And your beliefs are based on nothing. Thanks for sharing.

And your response is uninformed and unnecessary. Why don't you watch some cartoons?

Seriously guys when has a player ever nominated a club and then failed to get to that club? Its almost unprecedented. If Dion nominated the Dees he will end up a Dee.  Our 2017 first round can be traded, we also have a plethora of small forwards to trade. Good small forwards are hard to find, we have them.

Edited by Grand New Flag
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, CBDees said:

And your response is uninformed and unnecessary. Why don't you watch some cartoons?

What's the point of someone posting their beliefs when they don't support it with facts? 

Frank66 posted something of a factual nature, that Richmond were white hot into Prestia, but because it didn't appease the fanboys like yourself, he got little response.

I'm not on here to read fluff pieces, but each to their own.

7 minutes ago, Grand New Flag said:

Seriously guys when has a player ever nominated a club and then failed to get to that club? Its almost unprecedented. If Dion nominated the Dees he will end up a Dee.  Our 2017 first round can be traded, we also have a plethora of small forwards to trade. Good small forwards are hard to find, we have them.

You mean 2018 first round pick? We traded 2017 1st round to GCS last year.

Edited by johndemons

I've long had a feeling Kent would be a candidate for a Prestia trade.
Just seems like GCS would be an appealing place for him, just like Howe.
He has shown flashes of brilliance, yet I'm not convinced Kent gives us anything we can't get from Kennedy, and his inconsistency can be frustrating.
He has enough value to make him worth keeping, but you'd expect that from a player at this stage of his career, and as is often said: you have to give up something of value to get something of value.

Also, those who bemoan the northern academies should actually be praising their introduction, as they have created a new way for clubs with little trade currency to generate bargaining chips by combining the value of later picks.
With Jack Bowes to come in this season, Gold Coast would love an additional 2nd rounder in 2016 to offset his high cost.
Bundling it in with another 1st rounder for next year would be quite appealing.
Not to mention the relationship we have built with GCS during our dealings last season.

Ergo, I'm not convinced when some say we don't have the trade assets to acquire Prestia purely because we traded away our 1st rounder this year.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, johndemons said:

You mean 2018 first round pick? We traded 2017 1st round to GCS last year.

No, we traded our 2017 pick to GCS back in 2016.
You can only trade one year ahead as a maximum.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Mach5 said:

No, we traded our 2017 pick to GCS back in 2016.
You can only trade one year ahead as a maximum.

My mistake, confusion there. But I meant the pick we get this year for where we finish is already gone and likely pick 9. I don't think GCS will want a similar (or way worse) future pick for the following year for Prestia.

Edited by johndemons