Training Monday 8th December, 2014

The Devil Inside

Re Garland, he has had (whoops) (edited) major issues with his feet and ankles, lost a lot of condition, he may finish at the back of the group, but he finishes, exactly where he should be at the moment, we asked for a more professional approach, this is what we are getting, Dawes did a lot more today, Gawn rucks yet starts in the rehab group

As for Jnr Mc, Jamar disposed of him easily, but spent a bit of time showing him why, which I thought was good, Mitchell White did a spoil in the same drill and put the ball about five metres over the fence, as I said we have done ok there as well

Toumpas - It doesn't matter whether he had real opposition. He was out to beat himself.

He smashed them.....correct

• Like 7

as saty mentioned, the toump was very impressive.
His running style is cringe worthy however it appears to be working for him.
The guy looks like he is on a mission.

Runs a bit like D swan - shuffle.

• Like 1

Just a quick thanks for all those that get down to training and do some reports for those us interstate and unable to get our footy fix. Special thanks for the Twitter photos Saty.

• Like 2

I have no explanation as to why but I just really want Toumpas to make it. ( i want everyone to make it but this kid especially)

Me too. He looks like a great kid.

And I'm absolutely going to enjoy watching the hard core nay-sayers having to qualify/distance themselves from their earlier opinions about him.

• Like 4

People keep talking about Toump as a HBFer but I worry a bit about his man on man stuff.

If his fitness is up then defensive mid playing/high half forward primarily between HB and FF is where I'd think he fits best.

Go Toump..... love ya!

Yeah I can't see him too deep the forward line - he has no presence at all in marking contests, it's just not his strength...

Really liked him on the wing in his first year though... pleased he's 'training the house down' at this stage!

I'm pretty sure Toumpas is an all around good trainer. If I'm not mistaken he kicked 4 in an intra club last year possibly. I'm not 100%.

None the less people who can kick the ball as well as him are hard to come by, get his body right and when he can get good numbers in his GPS on game day the results will flow. Running hard and large distances a game will mean he can get on the outside of a lot more contests and therefore find the space to use the footy well.

I'm interested in how Rohan Bail is doing, I hope he can build from a consistent year last year as he could be a great role player as our team gets better.

Hey Billy 2803 I was also wondering about the training camp on the Sunshine Coast and got this today from the club:

"At this stage we are planning a meet and greet session on Saturday 17th January where our members and supporters will have the opportunity to get photos and autographs with the players. Once the details are confirmed, we will send out an email to all of our Queensland based supporters with the details.

It is disappointing not to have a game in Queensland again this year but at least we will have this opportunity for our members and supporters in Queensland to meet the players whilst on the training camp."

See you there!

Speed and carry off the HBF is crucial in modern footy, with meters gained an increasingly important stat. Roos identified this as a weakness and noted it was one of the reasons he was keen on HL .

TMac, Jnr Mac and Howe all run and carry as does HL. What's Frost like with this?

Similarly long penetrating kicks are crucial to beat the flood back and transition it quickly. Howe is an ok kick and so is Jnr Mac apparently. Not sure on others. I can see the Toump playing off hb to help with this

What's Harmes's kicking like?

I am not sure what carry [water?] meters has to do with modern footy but metres gained would certainly help the MFC going forward!

I drove down Punt Rd around 10:20 this morning (on the way to the Dees shop to buy the kids a new gersey for Xmas) and the boys were out at Gosch's paddock again.

Looked like they were split up into respective groups and we're doing ball work. Unfortunately the traffic lights then changed to green and that's all I saw sorry!

I dropped in for a few minutes to see how they were going.

Could not see Hogan.

I dropped in for my usual few minutes, but he was training with the group then. There was only about half the squad there though -- maybe 20 players. Watts seemed to be on his own with some sort of leg issue.

I dropped in for my usual few minutes, but he was training with the group then. There was only about half the squad there though -- maybe 20 players. Watts seemed to be on his own with some sort of leg issue.

I have reported at least 3 times Watts has a problem with his groin at the moment, so they are being ultra cautious with it, surprise there was 20 out there

I have reported at least 3 times Watts has a problem with his groin at the moment, so they are being ultra cautious with it, surprise there was 20 out there

Consider this a warning, Red and Bluebeard.

• Like 3

Consider this a warning, Red and Bluebeard.

Thanks Clint, just a one liner like that posted will lead to two or three pages of Watts being out for the whole season, I explained to Dave Misson that it would be better to get the truth out first, gives me a quick rundown at each training I am at, which is really cool of him

Thanks Clint, just a one liner like that posted will lead to two or three pages of Watts being out for the whole season, I explained to Dave Misson that it would be better to get the truth out first, gives me a quick rundown at each training I am at, which is really cool of him

Is that why we haven't seen the segment of Misso's report on the club website for a couple of weeks, they just figured to tell you instead?

• Like 3

You know I have never seen you and Matt Burgen in the same room at the same time....just sayin...